Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Folks, this thread was begun to help point out commercial sources for buying Pre 3s. Any private transactions to buy, sell or trade devices should be posted in in the Marketplace forum. (This includes links to your own eBay post.) Our forum guidelines allow only members with 50 posts or more to open a thread to sell or trade any device in the Marketplace forum.

Please do not post offers to sell or trade in this thread. They will be deleted. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/26/2011 at 10:35 AM.
    This is a "nice-to-have" rather than a "must-have".
    Good point actually. The Pre 2 is quite sufficient as a sidekick to the tPad. Touch to Share ain't that important/interesting unless it's functionality is widely expanded.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    Latest update on the Palm Eurostore web site:

Update Thur 25th 9pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August

Next Update:
    Customers who have an existing order with us will be contacted directly by our customer service team on Friday 26th in relation to the status of their order. We will contact you - please can we ask you to be patient and await contact by us. Please do not ring or email us as this will only further delay the process. Timing of contact will not in any way affect the status of your order.

We, at Palm Eurostore, are continuing to pursue all options to try to obtain Pre3 product. We do not, however, expect to have any further information in this respect before Wed 31st Aug. Any new information will appear here first.

Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Bah, this is slowly getting worse...It looks like they expected preferential treatment from HP in regards to stock which hasn't been forthcoming in light of their CPW deal (if there has indeed been one).

I expect them to increase the bundle price significantly from the initial 120 in an attempt to get people to cancel so their existing stock will be sufficient to cover everybody who still wants one.
    Thanks to NatePre and Raven3k, I've gone the ebay.co.uk/KickMobiles route. Let's hope!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    There ya go! as pointed out by natepre509.

Friday is gonna be a beautiful day. Tonight i will rest.

Nate any chance of finding out who the Major Supplier is?

Edit: Their ebay shop has it listed at 119 plus 6 delivery price:
    BNIB 8GB QWERTY PALM PRE BLACK UNLOCKED ANY NETWORK GSM | eBay
    thats the original pre?...
    I don't think I could get their supplier info, even if we did have it I don't think it would be useful because those suppliers usually don't sell to end users. The person that has been emailing me has been very friendly and supportive so I don't want to push too hard

I'll send an update if when I get any news...
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    There ya go! as pointed out by natepre509.

Friday is gonna be a beautiful day. Tonight i will rest.

Nate any chance of finding out who the Major Supplier is?

Edit: Their ebay shop has it listed at 119 plus 6 delivery price:
    BNIB 8GB QWERTY PALM PRE BLACK UNLOCKED ANY NETWORK GSM | eBay
    You know, I bought, but I'm really hoping this proves out. Gotta say I'm a bit skeptical. The price is quite cheap compared to anything else we've seen, right? (Aside from fire-sale rumors of course.) I don't know. Just felt a bit off. Hope I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    +1...Its a Pre NOT Pre 3.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I think I'm going to be sick.
    latest update from kickmobile (probably last I'll hear till tomorrow)

We have already done the deal with the supplier, but their MD has to authorize.

We have to buy also blackberry 8520 200 units from them to get the pre 3's. All these agreed by this evening and final sing off should come from the MD of the supplier, since we assisting them to get ride of their unsealing obsolete stocks, the should go through without an issue.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    That ebay link is for a Palm Pre, not a HP Pre3

EDIT... Too late

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  12. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    You know, I bought, but I'm really hoping this proves out. Gotta say I'm a bit skeptical. The price is quite cheap compared to anything else we've seen, right? (Aside from fire-sale rumors of course.) I don't know. Just felt a bit off. Hope I'm wrong.
    As a couple of others have already pointed out (and been overlooked, apparently) that's the original Pre. That's a Pre 1, not a Pre 3. Please do not buy it if you want a Pre 3.

This is the link for the Pre 3; it's 299:
    http://www.kickmobiles.com/HOME/List...uctID/425.aspx
    I was only going to pick a Pre 3 up if it was around 100, a firesale price. 199 is hardly a big reduction to get rid of a device that is no longer in production. I reckon those b*stards are just trying to make the most money as possible out of this.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    I was only going to pick a Pre 3 up if it was around 100, a firesale price. 199 is hardly a big reduction to get rid of a device that is no longer in production. I reckon those b*stards are just trying to make the most money as possible out of this.
    To be fair, a business trying to make money isn't a bad thing. The bad thing here is the run around HP seems to be giving everybody from suppliers down to consumers. Either have a sale or don't, don't mess everybody about.
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilt View Post
    To be fair, a business trying to make money isn't a bad thing. The bad thing here is the run around HP seems to be giving everybody from suppliers down to consumers. Either have a sale or don't, don't mess everybody about.
    The TouchPad firesale was incredible with huge demand. They are taking too long with the Pre 3 firesale (if it will ever happen) that I think people will slowly loose interest in picking up a cheap Pre 3.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The TouchPad firesale was incredible with huge demand. They are taking too long with the Pre 3 firesale (if it will ever happen) that I think people will slowly loose interest in picking up a cheap Pre 3.
    It's starting to become clearer that there wont be a Pre 3 fire sale. The intense rumours aren't all HPs fault, but they did nothing to stop them - and indeed, sounds like the rumours would have been true if it weren't for a last minute change of heart.
    Thats prolly a good thing given what happened with the tp sale.

Anyhoo I think 200 is a pretty good deal. 300 was good before hps announcement, and thats a reasonable drop given the news. Besides there's something stinky going on with the 'firesale' if you ask me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I think your wrong, Pre 3's are going to sell out fast!

and 199 is still a great price, they are not obliged to firesell it, and why would they if they don't have to?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    I think I'm going to be sick.
    I feel for you man! cancel the order quick! i hope you manage to get a full refund
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ah well. originally I was hoping for a pre 3 or a touchpad (at full price) before the debacle.
    The touchpad didn't work for me and I just wanted to see how the pre 3 felt before I bought it. However my search in carphone warehouse showed no dummy/display. so I thought I would wait to get one at a decent reduction without "laying on" hands but as that isnt likely I am off to get a Samsung Galaxy S2 tomorrow.

Sad day as I have had palms since the Palm pilot.

I will keep an eye out here.

Paul