Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    He certainly sounds it. I think he means to say that US buyers should note that eurostore will not ship outside Europe and so going on the site tomorrow will only serve to slow things down for european buyers who would be able to buy.
    But what if we have European connections?
    If non-EU users not clog/***** up the Eurostore site tomorrow morning (as they cannot buy in there anyway), I will try to keep any news updated here. If the site is down, I cannot read what news there might be to relay.

I have one order in for myself since Tuesday, already - *if* the price is low enough I *might* try to get some extra for the unfortunate non-EU wannahaves. Might even try a swap for a Touchpad ...

But the site does need to be available to be able to even try ...

Funny to be on the "correct" end of the Big Pond for once - in most cases we get shafted by US web shops that reject our EU cards or addresses ...
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Doesn't matter. Billing and shipping address must be in the same country as per Eurostore info

Palm Store - Customer Service - What address should I enter in the billing information screen
    Then you need to have that EU-connection do the checking; by the time you warn them and they get on the site all stock will be gone.

Or they give you their CC data .. ??

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Edit: information below was proved wrong. Deleted.
    Last edited by Mize; 08/25/2011 at 11:03 AM.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perni4an4e View Post
    Well, I'm really disapointed, because Palm Eurostore ship the phone only to several countries in Europe... I hope that I can find a way to buy the phone but I see that it's very unlikely...
    Put into perspective its nice of the Eurostore to ship throughout Europe. HP in USA, Germany and France only accept domestic orders...
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Put into perspective its nice of the Eurostore to ship throughout Europe. HP in USA, Germany and France only accept domestic orders...
    Because Eurostore is not operated by HP but a company called Luzerne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Just learned (confidential sources) that cleverboxes.com NEVER had any stock. They just splashed that stuff all over their site to get traffic.
    That's interesting because mine is on it's way from Cleverboxes via UPS, ETA tomorrow.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    That's interesting because mine is on it's way from Cleverboxes via UPS, ETA tomorrow.
    Ditto
    Because Eurostore is not operated by HP but a company called Luzerne.
    "That's interesting"

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Ah then I got bad information...sorry.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    At the risk of repetition...

me too!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    i got off the phone with cleverboxes. They will only ship to billing and shipping UK addresses only whether you use paypal or direct credit card.

thats why the chaps above me are getting it - they ordered on time (before the stocks went to zero and they are in UK)

if any other sites require this then its useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomContent View Post
    I am new around here, and I certainly can't compete with an actual developer as far as deserving a Pre3 (if there is only one, send it to Jason Robitaille above me, as he obviously someone who is making this community a better place!)

That said though, if anyone else winds up with a second phone? I'd love to do a deal with you for it. I don't know if it would be of help, but I have a second Touchpad sitting here unopened I could trade (after playing with mine, my wife couldn't figure out what she'd want hers for so isn't keeping it...)

Thanks - from Canada...
    get that wife trained on the 2nd touchpad asap, if u get her hooked fast, u may get more peace and quiet when using yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshotz View Post
    i got off the phone with cleverboxes. They will only ship to billing and shipping UK addresses only whether you use paypal or direct credit card.

thats why the chaps above me are getting it - they ordered on time (before the stocks went to zero and they are in UK)

if any other sites require this then its useless.
    Thank you for shopping at Cleverboxes Limited.
    Your order no. ----------- has been fulfilled.
    HP Palm Pre 3 - 3G SIM Free Mobile Phone

cut that email downa lot, but yeah i ordered via the webpage with just over a hundred showing up, im hopeful it actually shows up and the courier isnt struck by lightning and spins off a cliff and bursts into flames along the way.

current tally, 1x Early Adopter 32gb Touchpad + Accessories = Lots of cash idd
    1x Pre3 (provided no random destructive acts of god) - Future Uncertain.

dont mind paying non firesale for the Pre3, as long as i get 1 to keep the touchpad company, deffo wanted 2-3 more touchpads tho either to give off here or hand to fellow tech-heads family (even tho they strayed frmo the path and posess demonic ipads and droids) or even as a spare for myself considering id never be able to replace this badboy .
    Anybody dealt with AD Sales--the third party listing the Pre3 on Amazon's UK site? After the OnSale TP debacle, I'm a bit leery of going down this road. But they say that they have 5 left--and it's been that way since someone posted the link hours ago. I'm considering pulling the trigger. My superetrader order was cancelled and, given the amount of time spent on this silliness, I'm wondering if it's not just smarter to get it over with. Only other shot is if a friend in Luxembourg is willing to order from the Eurostore for me. But when they go on sale they'll probably go quick so I'm not even sure that'll work either.

Damn. If Leo'd just kept his mouth shut, ATT would be releasing soon!
    Did anyone have their palmstore order cancelled? I just got an email saying so... not sure if it's worth fighting or to put another order in after the announcement on Friday.
    The fact that Eurostore doesn't consider Norway part of Europe makes me very frustrated. I had made a deal for shipping to an address in Sweden before I learned that I would need a Swedish billing address as well. Sigh!

Needless to say, I'd very much appreciate the chance to buy a Pre 3 (I wouldn't mind a Touchpad as well) from a forum user who manage to get their hands on one or two extra. Good hunting tomorrow, guys!
    Living in Norway, currently owning a Touchpad 32GB that mostly show the clock, a working Pre 3 in a drawer, a dead Pre 3, a dead Pre and a working Palm m515.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I just ordered a Pre 3 from the carphone warehouse it was 479. So hopefully there is a refund...

otherwise I'll simply cancel the order or if that's too late, simply return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    The fact that Eurostore doesn't consider Norway part of Europe makes me very frustrated. I had made a deal for shipping to an address in Sweden before I learned that I would need a Swedish billing address as well. Sigh!

Needless to say, I'd very much appreciate the chance to buy a Pre 3 (I wouldn't mind a Touchpad as well) from a forum user who manage to get their hands on one or two extra. Good hunting tomorrow, guys!
    Where does it ask you for a billing address? I do not remember that step :/ I used as shipping address my UK home and I used a Greek credit card and they successfully deducted the amount from my card. I do not remember though adding a billing address. And if I did I most probably filled in my UK address. Why didn't you fill in the Sweedish address? I don't think that it makes any difference. The billing is only for accounting reasons if I'm not mistaken and it doesn't make a difference for them to change an address. Not sure though but I think my reasoning is correct.
    Last edited by viper151; 08/25/2011 at 02:35 PM.