Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    I am not 100% sure.
    I'll confirm by going through the buying process.

Registration on the Store requires a European address, to no surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Unfortunately (for me) it seems as if they are UK only.
    If I were you I would ask at Palm Eurostore if they are able to ship to the US (when you are paying the extra shippig costs).

Recent news indicate, that Palm Eurostore possibly will sell more units tomorrow.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by slyb View Post
    Registration on the Store requires a European address, to no surprise.
    OK, then nevermind.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am quite sure that all 'Euro' Pre 3 phones are SIM locked. Just because some retailers may now be selling it only with contracts does nto make it SIM locked. Although I think, being SIM locked is actually better than being linked to a contract, since I am sure SIM unlocking will become available, as it has in the past for the Pre+, Pre 2 and the Veer.
    not sure how you're "quite sure" of this. palm eurostore is selling them "sim free" (this means it's also unlocked). if CPW are selling them with a contract then i presume CPW or the carrier has the ability to simlock them. the phones we are all scrambling to buy online are stated as unlocked/sim-free.
    For anyone wondering: I can confirm that the Palm Eurostore will only accept European BILLING *and* SHIPPING addresses, to my great dismay. Was hoping I could bill it to my Canadian credit card and ship it to Ireland.

I of course cannot say for absolute certain but I would be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that the Carphonewarehouse Pre 3s will NOT be simlocked.
    Well, I'm really disapointed, because Palm Eurostore ship the phone only to several countries in Europe... I hope that I can find a way to buy the phone but I see that it's very unlikely...
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    They are Sim Unlocked QWERTY keybord. Only HP Germany sold the QWERTZ variant
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    not sure how you're "quite sure" of this. palm eurostore is selling them "sim free" (this means it's also unlocked). if CPW are selling them with a contract then i presume CPW or the carrier has the ability to simlock them. the phones we are all scrambling to buy online are stated as unlocked/sim-free.
    My apologies for the typo. I had mean't to say "All 'Euro' Pre 3s are SIM UNlocked. By the way, unlocked = sim-free. They are just two different ways to state the same thing. Also, there is no reason why being linked to a contract makes it neccesary for the phone to be 'SIM locked'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    I of course cannot say for absolute certain but I would be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that the Carphonewarehouse Pre 3s will NOT be simlocked.
    As far as I am aware Carphone Warehouse don't sell sim locked phones so that they can use the same stock for all networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by perni4an4e View Post
    Well, I'm really disapointed, because Palm Eurostore ship the phone only to several countries in Europe... I hope that I can find a way to buy the phone but I see that it's very unlikely...
    I, too, was hoping to buy it from the Store and pay for it out of my own pocket.

I guess that's why it's called the Eurostore.
    Really not sure if I should buy one or not. I have an iPhone 4 (just got it replaced at the Genius bar yesterday actually!) but I like the link between the TouchPad and Pre 3 which would be good for me since I ALWAYS miss calls and messages by leaving my phone in my room while being somewhere else in the house on my iPad!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    My apologies for the typo. I had mean't to say "All 'Euro' Pre 3s are SIM UNlocked. By the way, unlocked = sim-free. They are just two different ways to state the same thing. Also, there is no reason why being linked to a contract makes it neccesary for the phone to be 'SIM locked'.
    haha okay. unfortunate typo!
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    Really not sure if I should buy one or not. I have an iPhone 4 (just got it replaced at the Genius bar yesterday actually!) but I like the link between the TouchPad and Pre 3 which would be good for me since I ALWAYS miss calls and messages by leaving my phone in my room while being somewhere else in the house on my iPad!
    I also have an iPhone 4 and plan on buying the 5. I want the Pre for sentimental reasons (I like webOS). Silly, I know - at least you'd have a *real* use for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by slyb View Post
    I also have an iPhone 4 and plan on buying the 5. I want the Pre for sentimental reasons (I like webOS). Silly, I know - at least you'd have a *real* use for it.
    When the iPhone 5 keynote is announced, that is when I sell my iPhone 4 :P

I really like WebOS as well. Used to own a Palm Pre. In my opinion the TouchPad is the second best tablet on the market. I really dislike Android.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilt View Post
    As far as I am aware Carphone Warehouse don't sell sim locked phones so that they can use the same stock for all networks.
    Yep, none of their phones have SIMlock on...I have a DesireHD from there and I can stick any SIM I like in it. I don't of course, but it's nice to have the option!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yep, they cancelled my order too

Quote Originally Posted by unconformist View Post
    Mine too, ad i said yesterday. Here's (part) of the mail they sent me:

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent order with Cleverboxes.com
    Unfortunately, this product is being sold to UK customers only. Because of this, we are cancelling your order.
    No money will be debited from your account.

Best regards

xxxx
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Does anyone know if CPW will be particpation in the pre3 firesale?

Going to be watching Palm Eurostore like a hawk tomorrow. No doubt I won't be able to get one as the server will be overloaded by profiteerers. W****rs.

Note to US users. PLEASE give us UKers a free and fair chance to get one by not clogging up the server in your vain attempts to get a pre3.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    Note to US users. PLEASE give us UKers a free and fair chance to get one by not clogging up the server in your vain attempts to get a pre3.
    Rather curmudgeonly fellow, are we?
    Isn't this where we Yanks say "**** off!"?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Rather curmudgeonly fellow, are we?
    Isn't this where we Yanks say "**** off!"?
    He certainly sounds it. I think he means to say that US buyers should note that eurostore will not ship outside Europe and so going on the site tomorrow will only serve to slow things down for european buyers who would be able to buy.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    He certainly sounds it. I think he means to say that US buyers should note that eurostore will not ship outside Europe and so going on the site tomorrow will only serve to slow things down for european buyers who would be able to buy.
    Well why didnt he say so ?

Stess you know ...It can even affect us "stiff upper lipped " English.

Paul

Good luck all tomorrow.
    Last edited by kremmen; 08/25/2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I'll tell you what...I'll refrain from slamming the servers upon waking (5AM EDT) if one of you picks one up for me
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0