Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    [QUOTE=gastr;3099158]carphone warehouse are selling it sim free......for 479!!!! LOL no thanks[/QUOTE

lol they're just crazy...
    another site offering contract but a free pre:
    HP Pre 3 - HP Mobile Phones at BuyMobilePhones.net
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I doubt they'll be interested in selling it SIM-free, the contracts will be where the real money is.

I wonder how many new touchpad owners will now want a webOS phone? It's an amazing OS so I would bet it's enough to make this worthwhile for CPW, especially if they have all of the UK stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilt View Post
    especially if they have all of the UK stock.
    Well if that is true, their purchasing department made an excellent job. HP surly sold their remaining units for around 50 pounds each and they now selling them for ten times the price or even better for a 720 pounds contract (30/month).
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I just had a couple of emails from Cleverboxes saying that my order for a Pre3 that I made yesterday has been fulfilled and dispatched via UPS so with a bit of luck it should arrive tomorrow.

Sounds like orders with Handtec and Expansys are likely to come to nothing now so I'm glad I stumped up 199 for the Cleverboxes one. I don't even mind too much if they don't refund the price difference, just getting one seems to be a big deal and my Pre- is horrible to use these days (2.1 installed and it really doesn't like it).
    Me also, just received the same e-mail. lets hope it actually arrives.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Well if that is true, their purchasing department made an excellent job. HP surly sold their remaining units for around 50 pounds each and they now selling them for ten times the price or even better for a 720 pounds contract (30/month).
    I'm hope it isn't true. I always wanted a pre3 and I want one about 10x more after playing with my touchpad
    Handtec tweeted this:
    Firesale we are speculating that there will be one just clear out HP warehouses (europe). Most UK stock to be sold contract
    and this:
    we shipped remaining stock on 23rd all other orders have been refunded
    6 minutes ago via web
    I think all those who ordered via palm store will get the simfree (no contract). Palm eurostore will probably remove from their listing on friday.

I dont think anyone will take up a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    On Carephonewarehouse site right now:
    The website is down now...looks like the whole price reduction thing isn't heppening then, kudos to HP for shifting all their stock at such a stupid rate and recovering their costs..but it's really bad form, I think it's pretty nasty TBH

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hewlett Packard HP Pre3 sim-free unbranded: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

3 left for 290 pounds, if anyone's interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    The website is down now...looks like the whole price reduction thing isn't heppening then, kudos to HP for shifting all their stock at such a stupid rate and recovering their costs..but it's really bad form, I think it's pretty nasty TBH

If they wanted to recover costs it would be with the touchpad not the pre3.

Eitherway, friday seems like the magical day and here's to hoping we all get price reduction.

The clever stuff was the Palm Eurostore holding onto all the orders even though they had it in stock.
    If they wanted to recover costs it would be with the touchpad not the pre3.

Eitherway, friday seems like the magical day and here's to hoping we all get price reduction.

The clever stuff was the Palm Eurostore holding onto all the orders even though they had it in stock.
    Well that's who my order is being held with...been trying to call, email...nada. They've taken my cash though, they helped themelves to that on Tuesday

Well that's who my order is being held with...been trying to call, email...nada. They've taken my cash though, they helped themelves to that on Tuesday

Just to back my theory, here's what clove.co.uk twitter wrote:

As far as we know there's a reasonable amount of Pre 3 stock, more than the TouchPad
    So there you have it.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofek View Post
    Hewlett Packard HP Pre3 sim-free unbranded: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

3 left for 290 pounds, if anyone's interested.
    a bit rich for me...now if it had 850 MHz UMTS...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    See it as a good sign: they didn't cancel your (and my) order yet. Only question is, what will be the final price. I'm sure we will know that before weekend.
    Just to back my theory, here's what clove.co.uk twitter wrote:

So there you have it.
    I hope you're right! I'm glad I went with Palm Eurostore, I nearly bought at Handtec, and I know how that turned out. Tomorrow can't come soon enough...

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    See it as a good sign: they didn't cancel your (and my) order yet. Only question is, what will be the final price. I'm sure we will know that before weekend.
    If they bundle an intl charger and a charge stone, I am fine with 120
    another site offering contract but a free pre:
    HP Pre 3 - HP Mobile Phones at BuyMobilePhones.net
    Unfortunately (for me) it seems as if they are UK only.
    I am quite sure that all 'Euro' Pre 3 phones are SIM UNlocked. Just because some retailers may now be selling it only with contracts does nto make it SIM locked. Although I think, being SIM locked is actually better than being linked to a contract, since I am sure SIM unlocking will become available, as it has in the past for the Pre+, Pre 2 and the Veer.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/25/2011 at 09:15 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    Anywhere in Europe as long as billing and shipping address is the same. I really hope Palm Eurostore is the channel that the sale will take place...
    Oh really?

The billing address HAS to be in Europe too?

That changes things, sigh.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am quite sure that all 'Euro' Pre 3 phones are SIM locked. Just because some retailers may now be selling it only with contracts does nto make it SIM locked. Although I think, being SIM locked is actually better than being linked to a contract, since I am sure SIM unlocking will become available, as it has in the past for the Pre+, Pre 2 and the Veer.
    They are Sim Unlocked QWERTY keybord. Only HP Germany sold the QWERTZ variant

Quote Originally Posted by slyb View Post
    Oh really?

The billing address HAS to be in Europe too?

That changes things, sigh.
    I am not 100% sure.

Edit: Scrap that. Same country as shipping address Palm Store - Customer Service - What address should I enter in the billing information screen

If tomorrow I can secure one more unit I will sell it here or trade it for an TouchPad, if my TP order @FNAC falls through