Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Let me know if they ship yours...they cancelled my order this morning.
    Mine too, ad i said yesterday. Here's (part) of the mail they sent me:

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent order with Cleverboxes.com
    Unfortunately, this product is being sold to UK customers only. Because of this, we are cancelling your order.
    No money will be debited from your account.

Best regards

xxxx
  2. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    From Clove:

You recently placed an order for a HP Palm Pre 3.

You will be aware of both HP's initial announcement to cease production and sale of the Web OS devices including the Pre 3 and the "fire sale" of products in the US and the rumours of a similar price drop in the UK.

We have been in conversation with the UK HP distributor over the last few days in what has become a very frustrating situation for all of us.

No decision has come from HP, but we think it is likely that the Pre 3 will NOT be offered to our sales channel and all the stock is likely to be handled by HP direct as they decide how to move on the stock of both the devices and accessories.

We have therefore this morning taken the decision to cancel all back orders for the Pre 3. All customers who paid in advance for the Pre 3 and whose order has not shipped will be refunded. The Pre 3 has also been removed from sale on the website.

The cancellation of your order will take place today and the refund will also be processed today (if you go into your Clove account this evening you will see that your order status will have changed to CANCELLED). Please note that it may take up to 7 days for your card issuer to register the transaction on your account.

If the situation changes we would inform all customers who placed a back order as a priority, but we think this is unlikely to change.

We can only apologise for what has been a difficult and confusing time for everyone - we have tried to keep you informed as best we can during this period.

Your custom is appreciated and we would of course hope that you will come back to us when you are ready to make a new purchase for an alternative Smartphone.

Regards

Sales Team

Clove Technology
  3. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
    I called cleverboxes regarding my order, Ship address to UK but used my Swiss credit card with bill address to switzerland, Since the units were sold so fast i didnt have to time to ask my bro make the order.
    They said they need a UK registered card to process the order, so i asked to put the order on hold and made my bro call them with his CC details.

Hopefully now the order should go through...
    Well. Cleverboxes was ... just terrible. They canceled my order too. UK address, UK card. But I normally use my bank's address as the billing address, and they wouldn't accept it. *The billing address has to be the same as the delivery address* They won't accept your order if the addresses are different, even if they're both UK addresses. And the chat operator closed the windows TWICE as I was typing and trying to rectify the situation. I'm not going to bother now, and I'm definitely NOT going to order anything from them in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1 View Post
    Well. Cleverboxes was ... just terrible. They canceled my order too. UK address, UK card. But I normally use my bank's address as the billing address, and they wouldn't accept it. *The billing address has to be the same as the delivery address* They won't accept your order if the addresses are different, even if they're both UK addresses. And the chat operator closed the windows TWICE as I was typing and trying to rectify the situation. I'm not going to bother now, and I'm definitely NOT going to order anything from them in the future.
    Hmm that is very strange because I have a different billing address to delivery address (both UK addresses) and have literally 30 seconds ago (ironically while I was reading the above post) received an email confirming my order has been fulfilled.

Maybe it is because I've used PayPal
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1 View Post
    I think they have probabaly oversold their stock, just like other retailers & they are finding any excuse to cancel orders.

To be fair it must be difficult for the retailers, most of them don't actually have the physical stock, they rely on their distributors to keep stock & dispatch direct from them. So they have probabaly sold stock that the distributor does not have.

I run a business and have an account with a HP distributor & on Monday they had 1405 32gb Touchpads in stock, on Tuesday morning none, same for the 16gb model. Next day the items were removed from their list. They were probabaly recalled to HP, this will have left retailers in the lurch, taking orders for non-existent stock. I am sure this is the case with the Pre 3 also.

Doesn't help you, but I think this is the reason lots of people are getting these sort of e-mails from their retailers.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    I am really confused right now... is there a possibility to get the Pre 3 for cheap or HP hasn't confirmed anything yet and it is unlikely to discount the Pre3s? I like the phone very much but I can't afford like 300 pounds for it...
    So HP is trying to recollect all the stock and sell them themselves only, whereas their own store doesn't ship outside of Europe.

They're really trying to lock everyone else out aren't they...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Friday will probably be the big day. Just thinking logisticaly, how quickly would they ship, if they do drop the price on friday?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So HP is trying to recollect all the stock and sell them themselves only, whereas their own store doesn't ship outside of Europe.

They're really trying to lock everyone else out aren't they...
    Looks like us foreigners will need to find UK webOS fans to be our-in-between guys, to do the buying and forward the order once it arrives to them. Oh, and they'll need to have time and patience with HP's EuroStore servers, which will undoubtedly go bonkers one the Pre3 come back in stock there, lol.

I just pray once it domes back in stock that they don't put a limit of 1 per person...

If anyone's able to help me out with my hopeful order (1 or 2 devices), PM me on PreCentral asap
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    So on friday we will know exactly what's the situation... this is really a mess... hope that we can get the phone for 49 pounds like it was romoured, but I doubt it... let's see what HP says on Friday though...
    handtec just tweeted that pre3 is going to netwroks, so not available sim free :O
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    handtec just tweeted that pre3 is going to netwroks, so not available sim free :O
    Read it too. For me it's hard to believe since why should any network offer a limited quantity of phones which have a possible dead OS installed? Here in germany network provider O2 decline to sell the Pre3 as a reaction of poor Veer sales (for €399!).
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    The same UK networks(Orange,Vodaphone & O2) that said no to HP.

So far it seems like HP is gonna to do the distribution and firesale. Probably easier since you dont have to deal with some many retailers.
    I am new around here, and I certainly can't compete with an actual developer as far as deserving a Pre3 (if there is only one, send it to Jason Robitaille above me, as he obviously someone who is making this community a better place!)

That said though, if anyone else winds up with a second phone? I'd love to do a deal with you for it. I don't know if it would be of help, but I have a second Touchpad sitting here unopened I could trade (after playing with mine, my wife couldn't figure out what she'd want hers for so isn't keeping it...)

Thanks - from Canada...
    If pre3 goes to netwroks i would be hugely disappointed, i really hope hp takes it in there own hands and does a firesale like touchpads
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    So far it seems like HP is gonna to do the distribution and firesale. Probably easier since you dont have to deal with some many retailers.
    Then good luck with that. The firesale in germany on monday has been a terrible disaster since the HP store website was nearly unusable a few minutes after the sale started. I got all the desired products in my basket but failed to complete the order for more than 5 hours. Late afternoon everything was sold out.
    After two years of living in the UK as an avid Palm Pre supporter, I`m returning to Canada on Tuesday and will likely miss the shipping window if and when the eurostore updates its stock :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Then good luck with that. The firesale in germany on monday has been a terrible disaster since the HP store website was nearly unusable a few minutes after the sale started. I got all the desired products in my basket but failed to complete the order for more than 5 hours. Late afternoon everything was sold out.
    This has happened so many times before (with other products entirely) on the internet - I always wonder how anybody manages to clear the checkout at all...
  19. o0o
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Couple more tweets from Handtec:

"our buyers are still working on #touchpad and making last ditch efforts on #pre3 - were working hard to secure but uphill struggle at the mo"

"I dont think you will see it directly from tmobile orange etc - but retailers selling them on contracts"

At least they appear to be trying
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    It's not going to be offered by Orange or the other networks, that's not going to change now - the only place on the highstreet who have them is carphone warehouse and they might now throw in the phone for free but will still want you to sign up for a contract...