Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilt View Post
    Indeed, however the mindset of people changes if orders have already been made. People are unlikely to cancel...I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being just the pre 3 with no accessories for 120.
    +1 I really just wanted the phone. So anything more is just an extra bonus .
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Indeed, however the mindset of people changes if orders have already been made. People are unlikely to cancel...I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being just the pre 3 with no accessories for 120.
    Wouldn't feel "cheated" if it ended up in that price, knowing that people from Germany had it for 79 (70 pounds)?
    ukdoc likes this.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Take it with a pinch of salt as it came from a guy in a CPW store, but he reckons the Pre 3's will be 65, they are just waiting for HP to confirm.
    Heres hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    +1 I really just wanted the phone. So anything more is just an extra bonus .
    Whilst i do really want the phone, i will feel right royally peed off if they don't reduce the price substantially when:

1) they have done so elsewhere in Europe

2) palmstore europe (HPs official reseller) told me on the phone they were going to do so

The uk didn't get touchpad discounts for pre- owners and has consistently been last to get discounts that have been widely applied elsewhere.
    Couple this with appaling communication and you get the feeling that HP just doesn't give a toss about its UK webos customers.
    One person i was following just tweeted that he added the pre3 on the hp site and it said 69.

Now the page just dissapeared. If you try and visit the palm phones page it just redirects to their laptop store now.
    One person i was following just tweeted that he added the pre3 on the hp site and it said 69.

Now the page just dissapeared. If you try and visit the palm phones page it just redirects to their laptop store now.
    Link to this tweet?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Probably just testing the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshotz View Post
    i got the cancelled too...... mine says

Thank you for your recent order. Due to security parameters set up to protect credit card holders, your order has unfortunately been rejected and your payment has automatically been refunded.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. However if you wish to proceed with this order, please contact the Palm Call Center, details below.
    Please ensure to quote your order number
    My order has been canceled because of these credit card related parameters as well. I'll call them first thing tomorrow. Maybe I just made a mistake somewhere.
    Had your order been charged in the first place? I ordered from Eurostore yesterday afternoon and there has been no charge to my MasterCard.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    Wouldn't feel "cheated" if it ended up in that price, knowing that people from Germany had it for 79 (70 pounds)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    Whilst i do really want the phone, i will feel right royally peed off if they don't reduce the price substantially when:

1) they have done so elsewhere in Europe

2) palmstore europe (HPs official reseller) told me on the phone they were going to do so

The uk didn't get touchpad discounts for pre- owners and has consistently been last to get discounts that have been widely applied elsewhere.
    Couple this with appaling communication and you get the feeling that HP just doesn't give a toss about its UK webos customers.
    Why would HP give a toss? They're clearing stock for their own benefit, not ours. If there is a way for them to possibly make a bit of money out of it too then they will...it isn't even like they need our goodwill since they're completely pulling out of the consumer market.
    Why would HP give a toss? They're clearing stock for their own benefit, not ours. If there is a way for them to possibly make a bit of money out of it too then they will...it isn't even like they need our goodwill since they're completely pulling out of the consumer market.
    If they understand the power of a brand then they should give a toss.

A lot of the consumers they **** off will have a job, and some of them will either be directly employed in IT or have influence on IT purchasing decisions. So regardless of whether they think they won't be trying to sell someone a phone again because they're only doing software, it doesn't make sense to **** off the customer.
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
    Interesting (and pointless) swear filter alert.
    You can be peed off but you can't p!i!s!s! someone off.
    Though it does appear you can toss as much as you like.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    If they understand the power of a brand then they should give a toss.

A lot of the consumers they **** off will have a job, and some of them will either be directly employed in IT or have influence on IT purchasing decisions. So regardless of whether they think they won't be trying to sell someone a phone again because they're only doing software, it doesn't make sense to **** off the customer.
    Hmm not sure how many people would risk their job interfering with their companies IT tendering process because HP wouldn't sell them a cheap phone.

I hope I am wrong but the sudden silence from palm eurostore has made me a bit cynical about the whole thing.
    If HP are looking to sell webOS then ****ing off their limited market share is hardly good for business or prospective buyers.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    its that comical situation isnt it, HP mess up bigtime peeving off the entire customer base for a product we LIKE and WANT, but in return for messing with us, well easily go out of our way to do them no favours.

and to be fair, why not? its not like your damaging the future of the touchpad or pre3, their doomed anyways, its only webOS that may or may not have a future, and you cant get a friend or family to directly support webOS without hardware....... which aint being made now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    If HP are looking to sell webOS then ****ing off their limited market share is hardly good for business or prospective buyers.
    Completely agree
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    My order has been canceled because of these credit card related parameters as well. I'll call them first thing tomorrow. Maybe I just made a mistake somewhere.
    I got the same email today! .... tried calling numerous times but never get through ... i then checked my credit card online and they had charged me the full price!! .... so don't understand how the card was rejected!
    +1
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    But most people love HP because they just picked up a tablet for 89.

It seems stocks of the pre are much more limited - and hasn't seem to have caught the attention of the general public in the same way that the TouchPad did...most people don't know there is even a way of getting a phone other than through their network.

****ing off a small segment of the webOS market so your shareholders don't eat you alive (as much) is probably quite attractive to the HP directors.
    But most people love HP because they just picked up a tablet for 89.

It seems stocks of the pre are much more limited - and hasn't seem to have caught the attention of the general public in the same way that the TouchPad did...most people don't know there is even a way of getting a phone other than through their network.

****ing off a small segment of the webOS market so your shareholders don't eat you alive (as much) is probably quite attractive to the HP directors.
    HP's stockholders lost TWELVE BILLION + DOLLARS in one day. How doe sit not affect anything?