Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    Exactly. The early adopters received them last Thursday/Friday.
    Even from HP, I think thats prolly a little bit paranoid in thinking. In any case, which early adopters are in any position to use the distance selling regs? Once you've started using the phone that one is out of the window anyway. There are prolly less than 10 people who would've bought immediately and still have it in the box.

    HP are just being useless, not necessarily spiteful.
  2. #242  
    I am SO gutted about missing out on the deal on eurostore. was going to buy one on lambdatek last night but thought i'll wait. Now I have missed out on bot ;_;

    Anyoen know somewhere wher ei can get one that is in stock and cheap. Don't care about bundles, just want a device!!

    I hate how profiteerers are always the ones who win on limited sales. Same as tickets. <<mod delete>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/24/2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: language
  3. pangi's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #243  
    According to this
    URL HP Pre 3 smartphone set for bargain basement sale today. Get in! | wirefresh

    an announcement(that I can't find) on HP’s UK site says:


    We have temporarily stopped taking orders against this SKU. A price reduction is expected to be announced in the next 12 to 24 hours. This price reduction will apply to a Pre 3 Bundle which will include a number of accessories. This is a limited time offer while stocks last. This page will be updated when products and price for the bundle is confirmed. Orders already received for a Pre 3 and not yet shipped will be automatically amended and processed as the new bundle SKU.
  4. #244  
    Thats from the Palm Eurostore.

    They've updated that to say 'no news till Friday 10am', essentially
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    I am SO gutted about missing out on the deal on eurostore. was going to buy one on lambdatek last night but thought i'll wait. Now I have missed out on bot ;_;

    Anyoen know somewhere wher ei can get one that is in stock and cheap. Don't care about bundles, just want a device!!

    I hate how profiteerers are always the ones who win on limited sales. Same as tickets. W****rs
    I know *exactly* how you feel. I've completely wasted the last two days chasing rainbows.

    However, the madness seems to have temporarily stopped and all vendors (including HP themselves) have either suspended existing orders or are refusing to take any further ones until the situation on price/stock etc is clarified. There are plenty of rumours abound (including that HP are still manufacturing Touchpads!), but the fact of the matter is that only a handful of people in logistics know the true scenario, and even that might only be a sketchy picture!
  6. #246  
    I think it's total madness. HP must be insane, if I was a shareholder I'd be furious.

    If they wanted to move the dead stock after the announcement they were pulling out of WebOS hardware, they could have discounted slightly (20 - 25%) and still sold everything. That's proven by the fact that people have bought TouchPads and then immediately sold them for a profit on EBay.

    I managed to order a Pre 3 this morning from Handtec - I got a confirmation e-mail and they say that means I'll get one. I guess I should think myself lucky.

    What HP should have done was to offer the stock at a reduced price to EXISTING USERS of WebOS. It wouldn't have taken much doing, just the will power to reward loyal customers.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Even from HP, I think thats prolly a little bit paranoid in thinking. In any case, which early adopters are in any position to use the distance selling regs? Once you've started using the phone that one is out of the window anyway. There are prolly less than 10 people who would've bought immediately and still have it in the box.

    HP are just being useless, not necessarily spiteful.
    All early adopters are in a position to use distance selling regs, Andyf. Distance selling regs allow you to open, use, play, etc with the goods for 7 days provided you use them reasonably i.e. do not abuse/mistreat them. (The exceptions being music/computer software which cannot be returned after opening the seal, personalised goods, etc. Phones/electronics are fine.)
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    I did manage to place an order with eurostore for the pre 3 (at 299 euro), but his was after a conversation were they indicated there would be a large price drop and free accessory bundle. As far as i'm concerned they have to honor this.
    They should honour this, you mean.
    When this giants don't want to pay, they don't, full stop. They could find any excuse not to, especially as they're in deep ****. I'd be very sceptical on forking out good money on a mere promise of a refund, but maybe that's just my diffident nature...
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    I know *exactly* how you feel. I've completely wasted the last two days chasing rainbows.

    However, the madness seems to have temporarily stopped and all vendors (including HP themselves) have either suspended existing orders or are refusing to take any further ones until the situation on price/stock etc is clarified. There are plenty of rumours abound (including that HP are still manufacturing Touchpads!), but the fact of the matter is that only a handful of people in logistics know the true scenario, and even that might only be a sketchy picture!
    I'd be willing to buy a pre 3 from someone - make some cash on your purchase! Some kind soul has purchased a touchpad on my behalf from the HP Employee Purchase Plan - hopefully I can get a Pre3 through that person too.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyleach View Post
    I think it's total madness. HP must be insane, if I was a shareholder I'd be furious.

    If they wanted to move the dead stock after the announcement they were pulling out of WebOS hardware, they could have discounted slightly (20 - 25%) and still sold everything. That's proven by the fact that people have bought TouchPads and then immediately sold them for a profit on EBay.

    I managed to order a Pre 3 this morning from Handtec - I got a confirmation e-mail and they say that means I'll get one. I guess I should think myself lucky.

    What HP should have done was to offer the stock at a reduced price to EXISTING USERS of WebOS. It wouldn't have taken much doing, just the will power to reward loyal customers.
    You probably don't want to know what I think, but I'll tell you anyway ;-)

    HP's hand was forced by journalists who got a juicy leak about HP exiting the hardware business. The plan. I think. was to carry on as normal with possibly the price reductions you say, and then hand over gracefully to a new partner or have the business unit as a company in its own right. But that was ruined.

    Now, I think, and there's some piecemeal evidence for this, that Todd Bradley is negatiating with companies to buy the HP business unit and/or licence webOS, and this new market HP has created out of nothing could be a pretty good bargaining tool.

    If you think about it in those terms, it's not remotely in HP's interest to give preferential treatment to the webOS faithful - it takes time, resource and it doesn't result in a new user (unless you're buying one for your wife/boyfriend/sister/cousin/dog). Even sales made by profiteers will result in new users eventually.

    And then, come September 1, HP will do a count of palm profiles pass the numbers on to whoever the new partner may be (Samsung) and the exta number of new customers for them will sweeten the deal. Then it's that partner's problem to come up with hardware so good that people will want to dump their touchpads/pres.

    Anyway, like I said, that's what I think. We'll see if I'm right or not in a month or so I expect.
    gbp likes this.
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    I'd be willing to buy a pre 3 from someone - make some cash on your purchase! Some kind soul has purchased a touchpad on my behalf from the HP Employee Purchase Plan - hopefully I can get a Pre3 through that person too.
    I'd use your contacts. I have none. I'm waiting for the next announcement but I expect I'll miss out then too as the last two days have left me feeling pessimistic, generally low, cheated and frustrated

    ...so no different to normal webOS life! ;-)
  12. #252  
    OK. No sooner than I wrote that, I found this on my facebook feed:

    The recent rumours that Samsung Electronics will be taking over Hewlett-Packard Co.'s personal computer business are not true.

    We hope this clarifies any confusion that may have occurred.
    Looks like my second career as an industry analyst is doomed before it's even begun!
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Even from HP, I think thats prolly a little bit paranoid in thinking. In any case, which early adopters are in any position to use the distance selling regs? Once you've started using the phone that one is out of the window anyway. There are prolly less than 10 people who would've bought immediately and still have it in the box.

    HP are just being useless, not necessarily spiteful.
    Distance selling regs allow for you to open box, inspect and use the item. So I am sending mine back if I can get a cheapy Pre3.
  14. d3ac0n's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    All early adopters are in a position to use distance selling regs, Andyf. Distance selling regs allow you to open, use, play, etc with the goods for 7 days provided you use them reasonably i.e. do not abuse/mistreat them. (The exceptions being music/computer software which cannot be returned after opening the seal, personalised goods, etc. Phones/electronics are fine.)
    Palm Eurostore return policy states that there is a 14 days window that items can be returned without any damage in their original packaging and they will refund the initial cost and/maybe the shipping charges.

    I 've placed he order yesterday morning and I' give it untill Friday for the price reduction/bundle price
  15. #255  
    I have purchased 1 from 2 different places... at the higher prices. Both are hoping to reduce and simply waiting to hear from HP.

    One had stock the other a pre order.... But I was one of the earlier to pre order.

    If I end up with both ( at the cheaper price ) I will pass one on to a member of these forums. We shall have to wait and see if I even get just 1 yet... =(
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by boxrick View Post
    I have purchased 1 from 2 different places... at the higher prices. Both are hoping to reduce and simply waiting to hear from HP.

    One had stock the other a pre order.... But I was one of the earlier to pre order.

    If I end up with both ( at the cheaper price ) I will pass one on to a member of these forums. We shall have to wait and see if I even get just 1 yet... =(
    If you do manage to get both discounted, I would be more than willing to paypal you the cost+p&p
  17. #257  
    handtec has the pre3 in stock for 137.99, that comes out to about USD226.59. I'll pass at this price and I'm hoping it will go lower.
  18. kremmen's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceo2be View Post
    handtec has the pre3 in stock for 137.99, that comes out to about USD226.59. I'll pass at this price and I'm hoping it will go lower.
    Link please ?
    I cant see on the site?

    Paul
  19. #259  
    That's the Pre2, they don't have a listing for the Pre3
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by kremmen View Post
    Link please ?
    I cant see on the site?

    Paul
    Cant see it either

Posting Permissions