Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Me too. They emailed 2-3 mins after.
    Did you get charged too?
    I ordered my Pre3 on monday around 4:30PM (CET) on the Palm Eurostore website and got a PDF order receipt a few minutes later. On enquiry they told me that probably today they will reduce the prices and tell their customers.

This morning they charged my credit card with 362,42 (which includes DHL-Shipping from Ireland). I hope they keep their word and I will get an refund in order to match the firesale-price of 79. If not I'm forced to cancel my order. 99 for a Pre3-bundle together with a Touchstone will be acceptable. (Sorry, but imho there is only few hope to get OS-updates and new or updates apps from next year on.)
    When i spoke to customer care yesterday they were talking about a bundle with 3 or 4 accessories!
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    When i spoke to customer care yesterday they were talking about a bundle with 3 or 4 accessories!
    Well, maybe the accessories will be Touchstone, micro USB-cable and car charger. Did they tell you what price they will charge for this bundle?
    Which customer care? When I called HP yesterday they told me that all the Pre3s had gone and no orders would be taken over the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    Which customer care? When I called HP yesterday they told me that all the Pre3s had gone and no orders would be taken over the phone.
    I think he's speaking of Palm Eurostore. I was able to place an order there on monday afternoon (after HP Germany has been already out of stock).
    Can't even access Palm Eurostore's website, are you all guys buying on the "promise" of a refund then?

I got the UK 3rd party online shops which are selling the Pre 3, what about those in France, anyone has a list?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Latest Update on Palm Eurostore:

"Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page."
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    N oprice for the bundle, they were waiting on confirmation from HP.
    It was the Euro-store, spoke to a nice bloke in Ireland.
    I wonder why HP didnt email all the people who signed up for "Notify Me" on the pre3 site. That way people who were genuinely interested in the phones and not just profiteering would have had first pick. Then announce to rest of the world.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    I wonder why HP didnt email all the people who signed up for "Notify Me" on the pre3 site. That way people who were genuinely interested in the phones and not just profiteering would have had first pick. Then announce to rest of the world.
    Because it's a fire sale. Everything must go.
    Latest update from Palm Eurostore

OUT OF STOCK!
    Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupesh View Post
    Latest update from Palm Eurostore

OUT OF STOCK!
    Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page.
    I have a bad feeling about this, if nothing is in stock for the following week, than why lower the prices. If they don't lower the price within 7 days, than where pretty screwed!
    Quick update from the Handtec twitter feed:

@Handtec:
    We are not going to be accepting any more orders for the Pre 3 and HP Touchpad, Please follow us on Twitter for more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this, if nothing is in stock for the following week, than why lower the prices. If they don't lower the price within 7 days, than where pretty screwed!
    ..then everyone cancels their order, and they still have to resell stock and put up with the same phone and web demands and crashes. Not sure thats in their interests.

Still if HP don't reduce (unlikely I think, given Germany) I suppose that is what will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    You mean the Irish (Palm Eurostore aka Luzern Solutions, Ireland) will kid us so we can't claim for a refund?
    Sounds like they are waiting until all the loyal original bought-the-day-it-came-out-to-support-the-ecosystem buyers are outside their 7 day return window, then lowering the price. Really, really nice of them.
    I think they're trying to work out exactly how much stock they have, and i think they may have promised retailers to get any stock for existing orders first.

The reason for saying this is that i placed an order for a 16gb touchpad on monday night with comet, i got an order received email, but never got a confirmatory email with a order confirmed/order number.

I phoned Comet on Tuesday am and they said that the item had gone out of stock whilst i was ordering and they wouldn't be able to honor the sale.
    I then got a phone call late Tuesday pm from Comet to say that they could offer me a touchpad, but wouldn't be delivered until 5th of September, would this be ok (of course i said yes).

This makes me think comet are getting more stock, and this must be from HP. I wonder if HP have decided to make sure that all orders already placed with third party suppliers are fulfilled before selling direct, and having counted the numbers realise they have no more left to sell???

I did manage to place an order with eurostore for the pre 3 (at 299 euro), but his was after a conversation were they indicated there would be a large price drop and free accessory bundle. As far as i'm concerned they have to honor this.
    I think they could, because they never guaranteed us when the price reduction would come into play. Let's say they sold 200 units yesterday, if they don't have to refund 200 pound per unit, than they will gain 40.000 pounds! Ethics change when money comes into play.

By the way, one they send the pre's out, it's hard to cancel the order. Especialy if you live outside the UK and the mail takes a few days.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    You have 7 days from date you receive to send it back unopened. Not from date of purchase

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    You have 7 days from date you receive to send it back unopened. Not from date of purchase

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. The early adopters received them last Thursday/Friday.