Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Pre 3 arrived today (i'm at work ) but when I get home tonight I will post pictures comparing the Pre 3 to my Pre 2 as I noticed a lot of people asking for them... Watch this space!

Update Pre 2 is like a little chubby thing compared to the Pre 3, though there is not a lot in it, the Pre 3 just feels thinner

This puppy is a keeper regardless of price

PS how do I update the thread title?? lol

B
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by barryb20; 08/22/2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Updated with Pics!
    gtkansan and Aerials like this.
    I hope you dont regret getting it today, rumour is price will drop tomorrow.
  3.    #3  
    I try not to live my life with regrets I COULD keep it boxed as I have 7 working Days to return it. But I bought the TP full price and even at 300 for a new smartphone it was a good deal

B
    Agree that 300 is a pretty good price for a smartphone but i gotta admit i ordered mine on thursday morning and come thursday evening read the announcements from HP and my heart jumped up into my throat, but now i have a Pre3 i love it and am definitely going to keep it!
    (Although if they appear for 99 or something in the coming days i guess i would be a little grumpy)

I think people (in the UK) need to just be brave and buy the Pre3 at 300 and just hope that they get refunded if the price drops, Rather than waiting for them to go on sale and then finding that there are not any left! The more i read the more i get the impression that HP were just testing the water with the UK "soft lunch" and im guessing that not many retail units exist!
    Last edited by Scotty_Dogg; 08/22/2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    i think you might be right, @Scotty_Dogg. i want one and i'm considering paying 300 for it to avoid missing out. bit annoying that it's discounted in germany already and not here. i will be hitting refresh all night and if it doesn't get discounted in the UK tomorrow then i think i'll just buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    i think you might be right, @Scotty_Dogg. i want one and i'm considering paying 300 for it to avoid missing out. bit annoying that it's discounted in germany already and not here. i will be hitting refresh all night and if it doesn't get discounted in the UK tomorrow then i think i'll just buy it.
    That sounds like a plan Plus i have just read that HP Germany is already all sold out of Veer's and Pre3's!!!
  7.    #7  
    Now updated with Pics though I don't know how to update the Thread title lol

Update 2: Not sure if anyone mentioned, sits fine on original Pre Touchstone no problem

B
    Last edited by barryb20; 08/22/2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    Now updated with Pics though I don't know how to update the Thread title lol

Update 2: Not sure if anyone mentioned, sits fine on original Pre Touchstone no problem

B
    how well does the camera work?
    waiting for uk pre on firesale,i'm having trouble choosing between a touchpad and a pre but i can not buy both.
    any advice?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    how well does the camera work?
    Camera is OK, quite noisy autofocus on my Pre 3, sounds Like I have crickets in the phone lol

Not the best not the worst camera I have had on a phone, best being the N8 that was a freakin beast! I would say average imo.

However the new keyboard is well ahead on the Pre 2, as it is slightly larger and more errr clicky I prefer it and can see my typing speed definately being quicker.

B
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    waiting for uk pre on firesale,i'm having trouble choosing between a touchpad and a pre but i can not buy both.
    any advice?
    Buy both if you can afford, love Pre 3 and the TP, depends what you need the most? Flip a coin if you want both equally as much then go with what fate decides!

B
    i don't need either of 'em but at the price i'm seeing its very hard to resist that technolust
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I hope you dont regret getting it today, rumour is price will drop tomorrow.
    Articles have said that it will happen "shortly" but where did you hear that it might happen tomorrow?
    barryb20, do you have a Pre 2 screen protector on your Pre 3?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    YAY! See, box didn't let you down!
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    can you try Touch-To-Share?
    If you have a Touchpad..
    Thx
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Jumped in, cannonball style y'all. liked my minus, running a verizon pixi as my mp3, why not a tres, ese. batolocoforever!

last time i saw H.P., i did say "go big or go home", and he took the ball and left. What's up with that?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    barryb20, do you have a Pre 2 screen protector on your Pre 3?
    Hi, no I don't it is the screen thing that is on the phone when you unbox it lol, I'm not a big screen protector fan

B

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    can you try Touch-To-Share?
    If you have a Touchpad..
    Thx
    Will do I didn't get a chanci to try T2S will do tonight

B

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    Hi, no I don't it is the screen thing that is on the phone when you unbox it lol, I'm not a big screen protector fan

B
    Ah that explains it, I could just make out the outline of a 'smaller than the screen size' screen protector of some sort. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast