Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Damn it.

I wonder if Palm Eurostore will price match for UK purchase?
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Damn it.

I wonder if Palm Eurostore will price match for UK purchase?
    The UK Store simply removed all the webOS products, Pre 3 and TouchPad. Was trying to go through it to see if there are cheap QWERTY Pre3s.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Same here! It said I could pre order the Pre3 but then said Item Not Found. NOT Cool as my pre bricked itself last night. Oh how my WebOS world crumbles around me...
    HP UK hasn't sold any Pre3s, its the Palm Eurostore that is. HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    I want to order, but the HP shop is unavailable. They'll probably be all sold out by tonight.

Maybe at Media Markt tomorrow.

<edit> apparently Media Markt have received the press release but won't sell them for €100 until HP refunds some of what they paid per unit. I'll try to get a TouchPad from there and see whether I can get a Pre3 from HP when their servers are back up.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 08/22/2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Can you order from german HP and get sent to the UK? And if so, what are the differences in the units? Just a different keyboard layout! For 79Euro I can live with that!
    Hope Pre 3 released & firesale on US too. I don't have friends on UK nor German. I really hope I can grab Pre 3.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    @kingofbeans i imagine that using a QWERTZ keyboard as an english speaker (typer?) will be supremely irritating once the honeymoon period wears off.

hanging out for a palm eurostore price drop, or they start selling it on the HP UK store (still says "pre-order", which doesn't work).
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    HP UK hasn't sold any Pre3s, its the Palm Eurostore that is. HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    2 questions:
    1. Its showing for £299 at this link. Will HP refund me the difference when the price drop hits?
    2. Can I order from the US and does this model get at least one of the ATT 3g bands?
    I am going to try and get one for use in the U.S. I wonder if there is a keyboard patch to make it qwerty...
    HP made this official at 14:00 today.

As of 18:00 today, Media Markt is completely sold out. Lady said she had a lot of people come in and ask.

Interesting for a product nobody is interested in. I wonder how nobody found out about the sale, then, if nobody has ever been interested. I mean, if HP lowers prices in the woods when nobody is listening, does it make a sound?
    gastr likes this.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nulambhbk View Post
    2 questions:
    1. Its showing for £299 at this link. Will HP refund me the difference when the price drop hits?
    2. Can I order from the US and does this model get at least one of the ATT 3g bands?
    1. nobody knows these things i'm afraid! we're all in the same boat really.

2. read here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...work-us-t.html
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am still not seeing the pricedrop, either on hp's site or cyberport.de
    anyone else?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am still not seeing the pricedrop, either on hp's site or cyberport.de
    anyone else?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    you'll see it if you click "kaufen" (and you get a response from the server)
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    HP made this official at 14:00 today.

As of 18:00 today, Media Markt is completely sold out. Lady said she had a lot of people come in and ask.

Interesting for a product nobody is interested in. I wonder how nobody found out about the sale, then, if nobody has ever been interested. I mean, if HP lowers prices in the woods when nobody is listening, does it make a sound?
    sold out could mean that they could of only had one or two in stock but who knows. yeah, im still interested only if they have a fire sale or get it relatively cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    sold out could mean that they could of only had one or two in stock but who knows. yeah, im still interested only if they have a fire sale or get it relatively cheap
    Yeah, she said they had five units left before today (apparently the TouchPad sold better than any other tablet except the iPad - I wonder how that is even possible since they haven't done any commercials or ads over here that I am aware of) but they had already called in at the central warehouse (apparently they have some sort of JIT system in place) before I even got there, four hours after the announcement of the German price drop, and it looks like they can't get any more shipped to them. All sold out.

HP Germany just tweeted that the Pre3 and Veer are utterly sold out (again, hours after an announcement that would've reached nobody if nobody had been looking or caring) and that only a few TouchPads are left - but that they think they'll be sold out by tonight.

I haven't been able to reach the HP store at all, server too busy.
    I spent the whole day trying to get through as well. Very annoying. Both, Pre3 and Veer were sold out almost completely. They don't know whether or not they will get another batch. (I imagine quite a lot might show up at ebay.de). I ordered two Pre3 at the Euro Store and managed to get ahold of a very friendly lady who told me that they have only 120 units there. However, they might receive another load at the end of the week. Moreover, she promised me to get back to me approximately on wednesday to inform me of the pricing situation. She told me, that there will very likely be a price cut, but she did not know to what extend. As soon as I get any information, I will upload it here. Also, the said that the situation is quite chaotic at the moment, so we can expect some more surprises in the coming days ...
    whos buying these? dont think to many of use members are gettimg them. maybe the employees are buying them or an insider and then reselling them. or maybe im just to darn slo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast