Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I really want to get one. But how's the batterylife on it? I need it to be upp and running 18 hours at minimum. Doing 5-10 calls surfing the web 3-4 hours and 1 hour of game playing. And don't forget email reading and response allday long and texting.

//Beca
    Been using mine since 8am (UK time, currently is 11.30am) - SMSing for 20 mins, 6-10 web pages on wifi, currently at 81%. Not impressed so far don't know if I can keep it because of the battery life (everything else about it is fantastic) but keeping an open mind for now, will keep you posted through the day...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    install modeswitcher and be happy
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, keep it coming! I'm currently using my Pre- @800Mhz screen on 500Mhz screen off and WebOs 2.0.1. Runs great but not as smooth as I would like. Hoping a pre 3 will be much smother.
    /Beca
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    @shai126: what are you comparing it against? sounds par for the course for a webos phone to me. but if you're coming from a device with better battery life then you'll be disappointed!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    its about the same as the pre2. I.e. Not great.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Exactly gastr, this is my first webos - coming from a Sony Ericsson W880i which I'd charge twice a week!! (Didn't buy iphone/android for years as was waiting for decent webos which the pre3 definitely is)... ironically this hardware feels on par with iphone hardware, HP are pulling out of hardware just when they started getting it right . I get the impression from others that an iphone/android would not be down to 80% yet, but I may be wrong...?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    install modeswitcher and be happy
    I can't find this in preware or the hp catalog
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    shai, all smartphones are worse than your Sony Erickson . Some are better than the Pre3 though :-)
    Exactly RedMist, which is why need to decide whether I'd be better getting rid and moving to iOS. Which would be a massive shame, finding this phone better than iPhone in many respects (definitely not all, but many, will gladly go through personal comparison of the two if anyone wants!). Will definitely give that mode switcher a try though

Update: RedMist I found it in Preware? Just searched for mode?
    Beca, to update, now 3pm UK time, since 11.30 has been mostly idle, but have sent an SMS, made a couple of calls that didn't get answered, read an email and swiped 2 others away, visited 2 web pages on 3G, then 2 web pages on Wifi, downloaded Mode Switcher and restarted phone (but have not begun using it yet). Battery 60%.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    I really want to get one. But how's the batterylife on it? I need it to be upp and running 18 hours at minimum. Doing 5-10 calls surfing the web 3-4 hours and 1 hour of game playing. And don't forget email reading and response allday long and texting.

//Beca
    I dont wanna disappoint you but I doubt there is any smartphone will survive 18 hrs with your usage. Tablet maybe but not smartphone with 3-4 hrs browsing as well as 1 hour game playing. Buy a tablet if your main usage is browsing/game. 5/18 hrs ?
    What's a pre3?
    rot likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    What's a pre3?
    A mystical rare handset that no-one has ever really seen in the wild...
    Legends say that a few lucky people in the UK have managed to get one but no-one will ever know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I can't find this in preware or the hp catalog
    I can find it on Preware on mine?
    Been using it whole day n haven't charge yet. Normally my pre- would need to to recharge at work itself. I'm happy with the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Been using it whole day n haven't charge yet. Normally my pre- would need to to recharge at work itself. I'm happy with the battery life.
    Im reasonably impressed with the battery life of mine so far but to be fair the battery in my Pre+ had seen better days (i was holding off replacing it because i wanted the Pre3)

I work 9.5 hour night shifts and if i browsed etc on it enough it would require recharging about halfway through! but im off to work tonight so i will report back in with the results of the Pre3 tomorrow
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Mine lasted from 7:30am to 7pm

Made 4 calls and used twitter on and off and a couple of websites

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Mine lasted from 7:30am to 7pm

Made 4 calls and used twitter on and off and a couple of websites

Redmist, I admire your thread. But dude, everytime I read your signature I'd like to send a horde of nasty things inside your face
    redmist likes this.
    Harsh!

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    just jelous
    (and gratefull for his thread - what makes me even more jelaus )
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast