Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    As of now I will settle for better batterylife than my current Pre- wich by the way improved dramatickly when puting 2.1 on it the battery management has improved while in idle (screen off). I also charge every night, have a car charger, and a usb cable at work. ok got of track there. Point is can you go a full day 7am-9pm and still have battery to go an houer or 2 I'd be all in for the pre3.

So please keep the reports coming.

/Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Used to carry 2 extra batteries for my Pre- if I'm no where near a power source for the day. Will report back again with field report.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    You can buy stronger batteries for them i think, check the Pre Central accessory store
    Well, took it off from charger at 16:30hr. about 6-8 short phone calls, few sms, reply to fsome emails. browse n reply posts in PC forums, listen to almost 2hr podcast streaming with 3G while driving back. My son play some games on it for about 1hr while I'm out cycling. more browsing with wifi. At 01:30hr, 9hr later, battery left 16%. I'd said it's good enough for me.
    I was surprised to find mine empty (0%) after less than 7 hours off charger it, with only 5 minutes out of standby. This was the first discharge after initial charging.

When i got home i noticed it was online at skype when i got it powered on, so i hope that's what killed the battery, will see tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Skype is an absolute abomination to all things battery and bandwidth
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I dont understand why they put such a weak battery in it. Batteries are usually 1,400 or 1,500maH these days not 1,250maH. My battery barely lasts 13 hours with light surfing and texting with 3G disabled. I haven't even put music on it yet.

Does anyone know where to get a spare battery for the Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I dont understand why they put such a weak battery in it. Batteries are usually 1,400 or 1,500maH these days not 1,250maH. My battery barely lasts 13 hours with light surfing and texting with 3G disabled. I haven't even put music on it yet.

Does anyone know where to get a spare battery for the Pre 3?
    If you have 3G turned off, i.e. you are only using Wifi, then you should be getting way more than 13 hours. I easily can get over 13 hours on my Pre 2 with 3G on. Of course, since I have a TouchStone in my car, I don't really need it to last that long. After a full day at work with some light surfing, constantly checking twitter and email, using some other apps here and there, I am usually at 60-70% at the end of the work day. Your Pre 3 should be roughly on par with this type of battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    Im reasonably impressed with the battery life of mine so far but to be fair the battery in my Pre+ had seen better days (i was holding off replacing it because i wanted the Pre3)

I work 9.5 hour night shifts and if i browsed etc on it enough it would require recharging about halfway through! but im off to work tonight so i will report back in with the results of the Pre3 tomorrow
    Ok so I have just finished a very boring 9.5 hour night shift.
    I chatted for a couple of hours on FB chat/MSN using Mundu and browsed Facebook. I browsed this forum/Reddit/General internet on and off all night and retrieved my eMail a couple of times. My shift finished nearly an hour ago and I have 24% battery left!!! Pretty good I think

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Anyone got mode switcher working nicely? I had a play with it yesterday, and ended up a bit put off by the complexity of setting it up.
    No, not yet... it seems to be stuck when retrieving the system settings? I got the grey circle for about 20 minutes now... anyone else having these problems?
    joyu12 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillefuss View Post
    No, not yet... it seems to be stuck when retrieving the system settings? I got the grey circle for about 20 minutes now... anyone else having these problems?
    No that bit works fine... I think. Maybe its a specific setting that it gets stuck on, which I havent tried yet. Anyhow I just bailed out of working out how to set it up nicely.

Also have trouble with Modeswitcher. Same problem as Pillefuss.
    I do have quite a lot better capacity on my Pre 3 than on my HTC Hero, with active usage the Pre 3 does last from 7 in the morning to 8 in the evening before going into the bottom 20 percent. Though, i don't use much 3G. The Hero would last 2-4 hours maximum with active usage.
    is it normal that my pre 3 is loosing battery about 5% in 10 minutes with wifi and bluetooth on, or wojld you say that there is something wrong?
    New owners should note that past experience (mine and others quoted on here) seems to suggest that the battery life improves over the first few weeks and charge cycles. Probably some is due to charge circuit calibration and some due to the natural tendency to overuse it when you first get it.
    a pixi plus and pre 3,for ppl who used both which one do you think has better battery and browser perfomance?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    im really interested in hearing peoples thoughts on the Pre 3 Battery, please keep the opinions coming
    It lasts longer than my old Pre+ with the extended battery that I bought (I guess in the end it had something like 1330 mAh). The last few days I could do some light surfing, playing of some small games, Email-Push of two accounts, checking of two other mail-accounts every 2 hours, Twitter-checking (BadKitty) every 2 hours between 8 and 17/18 o'clock and still have some energy left at home. Not bad for me.

What killed the battery on my first day was that I left Skype switched on
    Its okay, but I only have a non smartphone to compare it to. When out and about I have wireless and bluetooth off, email checks thru 3g, and will glance at forums from time to time. Battery monitor suggests 30 hrs ish predicted when just sitting as a phone but down to 8 or so under more usage. I found a day at work then out in the evening, a few emails, texts, and checking twitter, forums and news and it was getting pretty dicey when I got home. I certainly had battery in mind all day

I'll worry less when spare charger arrives for top up at the office

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Where can we buy a spare battery for the Pre 3?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast