Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Buried next to the Palm Folio's...

...in area 51.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    As we speak the Pre's are being buried right next to the old copies of the atari ET game.
    graylion
    They could sell the locked and provide an unlock code themselves.

hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by macbranson View Post
    I wonder if HP would even bother trying to sell those Pre 3s or just dump them. No one knows how many units they manufactured. I assume they number in the tens of thousands. It would be nice if they decided to sell them unlocked just to recoup some of their losses because I know a lot of us Pre fans would buy one. But HP seems like they're in a f*** this phase and won't even bother trying to sell them because they didn't manufacture millions like they did with the Touchpad. If they were willing to take that kind of loss on the Touchpad, they'll probably just dump whatever Pre 3s they don't sell in Europe and America will never see the phone released.
    graylion
    An unlocked PrPrPr&#$275$; $3$ $world$ $phone$ $for$ $Sprint$!!! $Please$!!!

I know, I'm just dreaming :'(
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  4.    #24  
    Man I want a Pre3 so bad I've been waiting long enough. Id buy it for $450 unlocked just like I did for my Pre2, or even locked to ATT I don't care.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Someone should get HP to notice that there ARE people who want it.
    +1.. I want it too!! But with no Facebook app available and future update.. Off course I want one at firesale price.. ^_^

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    they only make these phones in 100,000 unit batches... and i'd honestly say with the past sales records... prob less then that.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    +1.. I want it too!! But with no Facebook app available and future update.. Off course I want one at firesale price.. ^_^

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    No facebook app? Where did you see this?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Updating this thread. I picked up an AT&T branded HP Pre3 off of eBay for $180 at the BUY NOW price and it comes with the unlock code written on the SEALED box. Are you excited yet? Great! But now I need help.

I didn't have a SIM card handy when I opened it like a kid on Christmas day and couldn't wait to get at it. At boot it makes you select between "Emergency Access" and "Unlock". I just wanted into it and UNLOCK didnt seem to do anything so I hit Emergency Access and it started booting. Then it FORCES you to try to register with HP and of course needs an active SIM to do so. I thought maybe it would have let me in and use WiFi but nooooo. So, deeply disappointed I curb my enthusiasm and go out and get a SIM. Problem is it's not an AT&T SIM and so the phone remains locked and still won't let me in past the registration app.

How can I get back to the UNLOCK option? resets and battery pulls don't seem to get it back there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowCanada416 View Post
    Updating this thread. I picked up an AT&T branded HP Pre3 off of eBay for $180 at the BUY NOW price and it comes with the unlock code written on the SEALED box. Are you excited yet? Great! But now I need help.

I didn't have a SIM card handy when I opened it like a kid on Christmas day and couldn't wait to get at it. At boot it makes you select between "Emergency Access" and "Unlock". I just wanted into it and UNLOCK didnt seem to do anything so I hit Emergency Access and it started booting. Then it FORCES you to try to register with HP and of course needs an active SIM to do so. I thought maybe it would have let me in and use WiFi but nooooo. So, deeply disappointed I curb my enthusiasm and go out and get a SIM. Problem is it's not an AT&T SIM and so the phone remains locked and still won't let me in past the registration app.

How can I get back to the UNLOCK option? resets and battery pulls don't seem to get it back there.
    You should probably just start a new thread for this.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Where you'll probably be told to run WebOS Doctor. Select Emergency Call and replace the 911 number with ##3386633# to put it in Dev mode. There most likely won't be any indication that it shifts, however. Then run the Doc and follow all the prompts. After reboot, you should be ready to start over with your SIM. Or having read up on Impostah, you'll know to go that route to play with it over WiFi.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12