Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

    Firstly, please let me say how bad I feel for everyone who cannot get a Pre 3. It is an amazing phone and I really hope HP will allow you to get one too some day.

    OK, can someone help me by answering the questions below?

    1. Can I install Preware on the Pre 3?
    2. Can I get the doctor from HP yet as I cannot find it?
    3. Is there any way I can get wifi media sync loaded onto my Pre 3?
    4. If HP don't release it, will I ever be able to get the FB app on the Pre 3?

    Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  2.    #2  
    OK, scrap question 1 as I just managed to do it. Thank you.
  3. #3  
    is it USA version?
  4. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #4  
    Man I wanted a Pre 3 soooooo bad on Sprint. ; ;
  5. brum's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'm keen to get one for Australia, how much did you pay Casion and where from?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    1. Can I install Preware on the Pre 3?
    2. Can I get the doctor from HP yet as I cannot find it?
    3. Is there any way I can get wifi media sync loaded onto my Pre 3?
    4. If HP don't release it, will I ever be able to get the FB app on the Pre 3?
    2. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $doctor$ $has$ $not$ $yet$ $been$ $released$.
    3. I guess the developer has to update it to include Pre 3 compatibility, you can contact them and ask about it.
    4. If they don't release it (which I believe is unlikely), I'm pretty sure someone comes up with a way to use it on the Pre 3, someone in another thread (can't find it right now) successfully copied the app from his or her Pre 2 IIRC.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    is it USA version?

    That's a strange question, considering the Pre3 has only been released in the EU/UK, unless I've missed another soft launch?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    I'm keen to get one for Australia, how much did you pay Casion and where from?
    Bought from Eurostore.palm.com.
    Paid 299.

    Please make sure you check the technology before you buy to make sure you can get full coverage. As far as I know, this is still in stock.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    2. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $doctor$ $has$ $not$ $yet$ $been$ $released$.
    3. I guess the developer has to update it to include Pre 3 compatibility, you can contact them and ask about it.
    4. If they don't release it (which I believe is unlikely), I'm pretty sure someone comes up with a way to use it on the Pre 3, someone in another thread (can't find it right now) successfully copied the app from his or her Pre 2 IIRC.
    Thanks for the info. The Wifi Media Sync never worked on my Pre +, so I guess I'm stuck without it.

    No Spotify, no NDrive, no FB. I feel like I've been abandoned, lol.
  10. #10  
    Did you manage to get access to the UK App Catalog ok?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    Did you manage to get access to the UK App Catalog ok?
    Don't know if he did, but considering I did from The Netherlands, he should be able to do so.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    The Wifi Media Sync never worked on my Pre +, so I guess I'm stuck without it.
    It says:
    Available for:
    HP Veer, Palm Pre2, HP TouchPad
    anyway.
  13. #13  
    joebel, would u pls share the steps u activate ur pre 3 in The Netherlands? Thank you very much.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    joebel, would u pls share the steps u activate ur pre 3 in The Netherlands? Thank you very much.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...-impostah.html
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    joebel, would u pls share the steps u activate ur pre 3 in The Netherlands? Thank you very much.
    See the link above, the sticky in the webos-internals part of the forum and my answer to your PM.

    Just follow Rod's instructions, and pick a catalogue for which you can obtain a valid credit card.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    Did you manage to get access to the UK App Catalog ok?
    Yes, activation worked fine. App catalogue is the same as on my pre + on webos 2.1. It's just nothing works, lol.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    Yes, activation worked fine. App catalogue is the same as on my pre + on webos 2.1. It's just nothing works, lol.
    I wouldn't say nothing works. It's a great phone, and just about all the apps I use work. As for syncing files: dropboxify also works..
  18. #18  
    I hope more Pre 3s become available soon.. Otherwise the Pre 3 support group is going to be an exclusive one.
  19. #19  
    guess the pre 3 got lost in all the hoop la surounding hp getting out of the mobile phone hardware.

    sure would like to hear more people who bought it give it a review. or is it that just a handfull got sold and so the reviews are limited.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    guess the pre 3 got lost in all the hoop la surounding hp getting out of the mobile phone hardware.

    sure would like to hear more people who bought it give it a review. or is it that just a handfull got sold and so the reviews are limited.
    I wouldn't know what to write, but if you tell me what you'ld like to know, I'll try to answer your questions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions