Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by R00tM0nk View Post
    I wouldn't know what to write, but if you tell me what you'ld like to know, I'll try to answer your questions.
    Same here, more than happy to answer any questions
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    Same here, more than happy to answer any questions
    Can you get Google maps on the Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    hmm. Haven't tried google maps. The default maps app uses Bing, which so far worked out quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    The built in Maps app uses Bing maps but you can use google maps through the browser
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Can someone try to put the Google maps app on it? I hate Microsoft/Bing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    The built in Maps app uses Bing maps but you can use google maps through the browser
    Can you use it in the browser? I just get a ton of "This protocol is not supported" messages, leaving me with a unusable webpage showing the layout of Google Maps..

Btw.. how did you get PreWare on your Pre3? I think that I couldn't install the novacom drivers from webOS Quick Install, on my Mac..
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R00tM0nk View Post
    I wouldn't know what to write, but if you tell me what you'ld like to know, I'll try to answer your questions.
    Your impressions of keyboard, the screen, and camera. How about speed and smoothness of operating system. Are there hangups or long waits for things to launch. Have you had "Too Many Cards?"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Your impressions of keyboard, the screen, and camera. How about speed and smoothness of operating system. Are there hangups or long waits for things to launch. Have you had "Too Many Cards?"

Thanks
    The keyboard - and the phone in general - is noticeably bigger than the Pre and the keys have a more positive click to them. I thought the Pre's keyboard was fine, but this is actually quite a lot better.

The screen is fine. I am finding it dims of its own accord quite often for reasons that are not apparent.

I have taken one photograph. The flash worked well. The camera and the action were nice and responsive so far as I noticed.

It runs smoothly.

There may be one or two hang ups occasionally, I think. I have put it down more to the app or the app in combination with a poor network connection, so maybe I mean "not really". The only long wait I have noticed is the traditional one while it boots.

I have not had a "Too Many Cards" error so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freztino View Post
    Can you use it in the browser? I just get a ton of "This protocol is not supported" messages, leaving me with a unusable webpage showing the layout of Google Maps..

Btw.. how did you get PreWare on your Pre3? I think that I couldn't install the novacom drivers from webOS Quick Install, on my Mac..
    I used webOS Quick Install on my Macbook.....
    Are you following the guide on webOS Internals website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post

Thanks
    The build quality is the best from all the Pre incarnation. Felt solid and thinner then a Pre-/2. Keyboard is fantastic. (though I never use a blackberry b4)

Screen is crispy nice. But the brightness will change by itself for no reason. Sometimes become too bright, sometimes dim down. Must b a bug.

Camara is good, auto focus works fine.

Occationally still has hangups n freeze for 1,2 seconds. More frequent is the touchscreen at times doesn't seems to register the touch command... (like the old Pre days, not improving at all!)

Even receiving a phone call could take extra few ringing bcoz the phone app doesn't fire up as it suppose to.

never had 'too many cards'

had problem sending mms from my local telco. (digi in Malaysia)
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Screen is crispy nice. But the brightness will change by itself for no reason. Sometimes become too bright, sometimes dim down. Must b a bug.

Confirmed issue with brightness constantly changing, but this might have improved with update. Either that or I've gotten used to it.

Haven't been able to get MMS working but I think it's because my package doesn't support it. I've tried entering the GiffGaff MMS information but it hasn't worked.

P.S. If you do buy a Pre 3, use GiffGaff.com. 10 per month for 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. Transfer your old number to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    The build quality is the best from all the Pre incarnation. Felt solid and thinner then a Pre-/2. Keyboard is fantastic. (though I never use a blackberry b4)

Camara is good, auto focus works fine.

Occationally still has hangups n freeze for 1,2 seconds. More frequent is the touchscreen at times doesn't seems to register the touch command... (like the old Pre days, not improving at all!)

Even receiving a phone call could take extra few ringing bcoz the phone app doesn't fire up as it suppose to.

never had 'too many cards'

Build quality: agree. They've finally got it right, on par with iPhone, Blackberry.
    Keyboard: agree.
    Screen: agree.
    Brightness: I have this same issue. Definite bug, very weird. Not fixed by yesterday's update.
    Camera: agree. Fast too.
    Swiftness: unbelievably slick animations, have had no hangups whatsoever yet.
    Battery: not fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    Build quality: agree. They've finally got it right, on par with iPhone, Blackberry.
    Keyboard: agree.
    Screen: agree.
    Brightness: I have this same issue. Definite bug, very weird. Not fixed by yesterday's update.
    Camera: agree. Fast too.
    Swiftness: unbelievably slick animations, have had no hangups whatsoever yet.
    Battery: not fantastic.
    BQ: Agree
    Keyboard: I prefer the pre/pre2' ones, a bit too much button travel, makes me type slower, will probably get used to it.
    Screen: Agree
    Brightness: Havent used it that much yet.
    CAmera: Way better than Pre/Pre2. There's a extra button in the video recording though, dunno what it's for(now that i think about it, could it be some kind of image stablization?)
    Swiftness: Havent used it that much yet.
    Battery: Dunno
    GiffGaff may be slightly cheaper, but if you get bad O2 reception in your area (like me) then try TalkMobile. They use the Vodafone network and have a 12 one-month contract with 600mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet. Vodafone seems to be much more reliable when sending MMS (at least from my Centro they are - O2 were hopeless).

Just waiting for my Pre 3 now....:-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Going from a pre2 to a pre3 feels a bit strange, the pre2 is more curved, and the pre3 feels kind of strange when you hold it and type on the keyboard, almost like its bent te other way. strange, strange.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12