Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. dermike's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone gotten the Facebook app to work on the pre3? It's visible in the app catalog, but unavailable to download for the pre3. I read on twitter there was a way of "hacking" it on to the Pre3, but can't figure out what that would be..
    I've copied it from my Veer, but it just won't load on the Pre3.. the FB-icon just sits there fading in and out forever.

    Any help would be much appreciated!
  2. #2  
    Drop your email to my PM box

    Hope the Facebook app team in Palm have not abandon their development......

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3. #3  
    Facebook runs ok through the web browser. Have used it a few times with no problems.
  4. dermike's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoric View Post
    Facebook runs ok through the web browser. Have used it a few times with no problems.
    Yeah, it works, but it's far from the optimal experience.. Really miss those notifications and better "check in".
  5. #5  
    Have found the Facebook app very limited, deleted and gone back to the web app at x.facebook.com! e.g. cannot browse photos a person is tagged in (can only browse their albums, trying on a tagged photo provides a link to open the browser, but the link is dead)... Can view an event but not the event's wall... Messaging is lacking... Many others like this...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    Have found the Facebook app very limited, deleted and gone back to the web app at x.facebook.com! e.g. cannot browse photos a person is tagged in (can only browse their albums, trying on a tagged photo provides a link to open the browser, but the link is dead)... Can view an event but not the event's wall... Messaging is lacking... Many others like this...
    I agree that the x.facebook site is FAR more useful for general facebooking but i miss the notifications that i used to get from the stock app
  7. Kimboo's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #7  
    So, did anyone actually get a working Facebook app on the Pre 3? :P
  8. #8  
    Quit using x.facebook.... M.Facebook is newer and better I thought.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Quit using x.facebook.... M.Facebook is newer and better I thought.
    Unless I'm mistaken, they are identical web sites on my Pre3.
  10. #10  
    Can we make App catalog believe we have a compatible device for the Facebook app using Impostah and receive updates this way?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Can we make App catalog believe we have a compatible device for the Facebook app using Impostah and receive updates this way?
    I think the issue is that the Pre3 is NOT a compatible device.....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    I think the issue is that the Pre3 is NOT a compatible device.....
    1.5 works fine. I can't see what might have changed.
  13. #13  
    They've updated it. Downloading now.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  14. #14  
    I have downloaded it and it all seems to work well plus is scaled to fit the Pre3 screen as well! Happy days

Posting Permissions