Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I called HP.com because I just ordered the touchpad and I saw the pre 2 was already sold out. I called to see if its possible to put a order in over the phone since it was sold out on line. He said I cant order it for the 49.99 until tommorow.
    I then asked if he knew if they were selling the pre 3. He said yes and I asked if it was just the GSM version or CDMA.

He then went ahead ans said it will be out on verizon September 18th!!!!!
    fxspec06 and Rennat like this.
    I hope this is true I'd totally switch from sprint to get this phone.
    If att canceled you can be sure as hell sure Verizon will.
    Premium1 likes this.
    I hope they sell them for real cheap off-contract, if at all
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Who knows maybe they realize after all the touchpads being sold that there is a marker for webos users and they will take advantage of that.
    Tikkanen and xandros9 like this.
    I hope they don't I'd love to see someone come out with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    If att canceled you can be sure as hell sure Verizon will.
    They can pull a Kin and "relaunch" it and sell it as a cheap feature phone.

Heck HP still need a way to get rid of their inventory.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    They can pull a Kin and "relaunch" it and sell it as a cheap feature phone.

Heck HP still need a way to get rid of their inventory.
    I forgot about that and the Kin in general.

That would be cool. I was at the Verizon store today played with the Pre 2 today and while over hearing the sales it didn't even get mentioned. They were all about Pushing the Android stuff and the apple stands weren't kept up. (both ipad and iphone were out of power)
    I so hope that you are right!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Would be great if this is true, but keep in mind that under the best of times, support reps often know nothing about this stuff. And these are hardly the best of times, when even Palm managers learn of HP decisions by press release. It could very well be that September 18 was the launch date, but after yesterday you have to assume a bets are off. The most likely Pre³ release scenario is unlocked direct sales via HP.com, hopefully heavily discounted.
    Well, this is really the only thing they can do with the Verizon phones. R-UIM-less CDMA phones can only be activated if the carrier allows it.

Although the CDMA Pre 3 does have an HSPA radio...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Who knows maybe they realize after all the touchpads being sold that there is a marker for webos users and they will take advantage of that.
    Wouldn't it be funny if this were all a big PRPRPR $stunt$, $and$ $everything$ $goes$ $back$ $to$ $normal$, $making$ $and$ $selling$ $the$ $phones$ ?
    it would be but I doubt it will happen
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if this were all a big PRPRPR $stunt$, $and$ $everything$ $goes$ $back$ $to$ $normal$, $making$ $and$ $selling$ $the$ $phones$ ?
    I actually think this theory might be the case and have some legs:

Check out my thread in the Touchpad Forums: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rilliance.html
    That would be a huge bazinga.

Executives don't like to admit they were wrong. The only way things will go back to normal is if the shareholders replace the board of directors.
    cyberprashant and JonVon like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Executives don't like to admit they were wrong. The only way things will go back to normal is if the shareholders replace the board of directors.
    wouldn't be too far fetched.... With stock down 20%, rummors of lawsuits, angry HP customers, I'm sure the board of directors isn't looking too good in stockholders eyes
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Executives don't like to admit they were wrong.
    Most people find it hard to admit they are wrong. The problem is we let these corporations grow to have dangerous amounts of power, and the people running them often have a very low level of emotional maturity. People running such enterprises need to be held to a higher standard. Such powerful positions should require a thorough knowledge of self, inter-personal intelligence, and a demonstrated concern for the welfare of the community that sustains their life.
    un_designer likes this.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    I hope this is true I'd totally switch from sprint to get this phone.
    Why not just get someone to help port it to sprint. While it's not the EASIEST thing, it can keep people from having to switch to verizon... ICK!
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    Why not just get someone to help port it to sprint. While it's not the EASIEST thing, it can keep people from having to switch to verizon... ICK!
    True but it also has it's drawbacks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    jparso7150 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast