Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I find that the reps don't really always know what they are talking about, but here's to hoping for the best!
    Last edited by tdoom15; 08/30/2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    sounds a little to high for me. Price it at $99 or less, maybe $150, and I'd bite. Keep in mind, if we get a new manufact. on board, hopefully we'll see a new phone by years end. I don't want to put a whole lot into a phone now and then see a new phone a few months down the road.
    +1 $149 for the tablet, $200 for the phone?.... I don't think so Tim!
    I would pay 250 for a pre3 for sure.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    HenryAlan likes this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Yeah, $200 doesn't seem bad at all. It does seem a bit messed up if the prices of the Touchpad and Pre3 end up getting swapped. I expected the Touchpad at $500 and the Pre3 at $200. I got the Touchpad for $150... the Pre3 on Ebay is over $500....
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    I would pay 250 for a pre3 for sure.
    So would I, so would a good many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    If you jail break iOS, there is a utility that will give you a webOS style "cards" / Expose style UI. It's called Multifl0w.

multifl0w - an iPhone multitasking interface
    I have that, its nice, but its just a screenshot taken as you leave the app, better than Apple's stock switcher though.

Maybe if it had the dock at the bottom... or something more Palm-y
    And the reply

"Dear William,

Thank you for contacting the HP Home & Home Office Store.

I understand that you are inquiring about the Palm Pre 3. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and for giving me a chance to assist you on this. Here in HP, we always aim to provide the best customer satisfaction.

I understand the level of interest that you have in acquiring the Palm Pre 3.

Today, HP announced plans to discontinue WebOS phones. The WebOS software and operating system will continue. If you have purchased a WebOS device the warranty and support for the product will continue. In addition the app store and Butler service will continue as well. More details will be available in the coming days from hp.com.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. At this time, there will not be any future releases of Palm devices.

I hope this information has been of assistance to you, William. Please reply to this message if there is anything else we can do.

Before I forget, would you like to be updated with the very latest here at HP? Our HP E-newsletter will provide you with exclusive information on new products, price drops, coupons and other promotions. For you to subscribe, please refer to this URL (subscription is free):

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...tPage=news_sub

Thank you for shopping at the HP Home & Home Office Store. We value your business and support. Our goal is to continue bringing you quality products and solutions.

Regards,

Chris
    E-Mail/Chat Representative
    HP Home and Home Office Store"
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by william.cipolli View Post
    And the reply

"Dear William,

...I understand the level of interest that you have in acquiring the Palm Pre 3.

At this time, there will not be any future releases of Palm devices....

Regards,

Chris
    E-Mail/Chat Representative
    HP Home and Home Office Store"
    That's ok! The Pre 3 is not a Palm device, it's a HP device...
    so I guess this is not true. Its the pre3 in ebay probably :-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    happy "launch" day to everyone. :'(
    IICODECll and PrinceAlbert like this.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Well this thread I made here proves that reps know absolutley nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Well this thread I made here proves that reps know absolutley nothing.
    They only know what they've been told. They are only told what those at the top want them to know- trust the info that is in the system.

When the going was good, Hp wanted them to know the launch date. Pre3 gets canned, all updates are stopped. HP no longer cares if the front line reps from another company have outdated info about a dead division.

It's like asking a front line soldier what's the General's strategy to win the war. The only answer he has is from the propaganda he's been given. It's not the soldiers fault.
    Skippy07 and jcohengd like this.
    The rep might not be located in the US or actually a HP employee. The service could be outsourced.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This info was giving to me by an HP employee when I called HP to order my touchpad and pre 2.
    There's still an hour left (EST)
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    There's still an hour left (EST)
    ^ I lol'ed
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I called HP.com because I just ordered the touchpad and I saw the pre 2 was already sold out. I called to see if its possible to put a order in over the phone since it was sold out on line. He said I cant order it for the 49.99 until tommorow.
    I then asked if he knew if they were selling the pre 3. He said yes and I asked if it was just the GSM version or CDMA.

He then went ahead ans said it will be out on verizon September 18th!!!!!
    Scared me to death. But your post is/was pretty funny.

I called them today too, and I was amazed. VeriZon is going to also give away a free car, to put your Pre3 inside of, at no extra charge. It's the 2011 version of the new Ford Vortek (concept), the E-Bike (concept), and a full set of luggage, and 2 tickets to the hotel of your choice. All when you order the Pre3! Note that this is limited to the first 2 customers, so I got mine!
    *grunt*
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if this were all a big PRPRPR $stunt$, $and$ $everything$ $goes$ $back$ $to$ $normal$, $making$ $and$ $selling$ $the$ $phones$ ?
    Remember this? (maybe not, so you can read about it here):

New Coke

And to be honest, if THIS works:

Leo OUT, Meg IN?

Your hope could very well happen, she is MEGA consumer focused. And that's what we are on this forum about...
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    This is not happening. This will never happen. And it's not funny.

But I would still love to see Pre 3 come to Verizon.

IMO this thread was a pretty funny stunt that wasn't funny
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast