Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Hard to believe but it's possible we got a semi-official release date out of this mess!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    fxspec06 and jparso7150 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if this were all a big PRPRPR $stunt$, $and$ $everything$ $goes$ $back$ $to$ $normal$, $making$ $and$ $selling$ $the$ $phones$ ?
    This is not happening. This will never happen. And it's not funny.

But I would still love to see Pre 3 come to Verizon.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    At this point, I don't care which carrier anymore. If the remaining stocks of Pre3 becomes available in any way, I want one.

Reminds me of the days when Sony announced the discontinuation of the Clie line. I ran out and bought myself one of the last batches of the Clie TH55, which served me well for about 4 years until I got my Sprint Pre on launch day. It was ironic that the TH55 was so ahead of it's time that it could do so much more then the first gen iPhone. If webOS goes down, I would again expect the Pre3 to be a better fit for me then anything else on the market for years to come.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I agree, if they release the phones at all I will get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Can you remind me what a Pre does that no other phone on the market does? besides the "cards" UI.
    Touchstone, "riverstone" shape, and portrait slider on a phone with a good OS.
    joyu12 and falconrap like this.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Touchstone, "riverstone" shape, and portrait slider on a phone with a good OS.
    so the touchstone and shape of the phone are the advantages of the Pre? I see why it never caught on.
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    At this point, I don't care which carrier anymore. If the remaining stocks of Pre3 becomes available in any way, I want one.

Reminds me of the days when Sony announced the discontinuation of the Clie line. I ran out and bought myself one of the last batches of the Clie TH55, which served me well for about 4 years until I got my Sprint Pre on launch day. It was ironic that the TH55 was so ahead of it's time that it could do so much more then the first gen iPhone. If webOS goes down, I would again expect the Pre3 to be a better fit for me then anything else on the market for years to come.
    I actually did the same thing as you with the TH55. Although, I was too late to find it in stores so had to resort to ebay, and I ended up getting a used one with crappy battery life, so I bought the TX. The TH55 was such an excellent device though, and I kind of miss those simpler times when Palm was #1. Sigh.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    I don't believe it until I see the press release, but oh boy, do I hope.
    I don't really see this happening at this point, but if it does, it would lend some credence to HP's claims that they aren't abandoning WebOS, just not pursuing anymore hardware production. It would conflict somewhat with their liquidation of the TP, but perhaps with all the poor reviews of the TP itself, they are just trying to unload them and perhaps they are more confident in the overall quality of the Pre 3. In any case, we can expect zero marketing of the Pre 3. It will be the softest of soft launches. So I'm not sure it's even a good thing for HP to release the device at this point. If they release yet another failed WebOS device, any glimmer of hope we have to see WebOS be licensed out could be effectively squashed.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This is what I was told, some more people should call and see if they get the same response.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    This is what I was told, some more people should call and see if they get the same response.
    I just submitted this email question looking for sympathy.

I have had the Pre Plus on Verizon for a couple years now. I recently purchased a HP Touchpad which is amazing! Part of the attraction to the Touchpad was the fact that I would get the Pre 3 at some point. My Pre Plus has recently broken. I have my two year contract discount as of a few months ago and I've been waiting for the Pre 3. There is rumor going around that the Pre 3 will not be offered in the US, but I haven't seen anything officially from HP on the matter. As I am currently using my phone from 5 years ago I need to get a smart phone ASAP. I would like to know what is going to happen with the Pre 3. Should I buy a used phone and wait or should I use my discount on the Pre 2? Please let me know as soon as possible.
    I'm curious to now what you get in response, though of course my anticipation is tempered with the knowledge that this subject is intentionally lean on fact as HP mulls its future or quietly prepares to publicize an already-made decision. I share your circumstances: Pre+ on Verizon, been saving my renewal discount for the Pre3, got a TouchPad knowing it could Touch-to-Share with the Pre3. I'm just so eager to see webOS 2.2; if it isn't coming to Verizon on a Pre3 I'll get a Pre2 hopeful that it will see the 2.2 update, though sans Touch-to-Share of course, since that's a hardware issue.
    I think if they offer it off contract for like 250 or less it will be a huge seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    I share your circumstances: Pre+ on Verizon, been saving my renewal discount for the Pre3, got a TouchPad knowing it could Touch-to-Share with the Pre3.
    Touch-to-Share is cool, but it really doesn't do that much right now. What I find cooler is how well the phone and messaging apps on Pre3 integrate with the TP. I just noticed today that if make a call on the Pre3 while its paired while the TP, the dialpad on the TP automatically launches showing exactly what you see on the phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    This happens with my Pre Plus as well. Sometimes it's a bit annoying to have it automatically activate the speakerphone, though.
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    I think if they offer it off contract for like 250 or less it will be a huge seller.
    sounds a little to high for me. Price it at $99 or less, maybe $150, and I'd bite. Keep in mind, if we get a new manufact. on board, hopefully we'll see a new phone by years end. I don't want to put a whole lot into a phone now and then see a new phone a few months down the road.
    This is the same info I got from a Verizon rep a couple weeks ago...I hope they push forward and don't get stupid like AT&T....are you kidding me? Anyone with any business sense should be all over this after what went down with the Touchpad. Thay wouldn't even have to discount it at this point...would be nice if they did, though!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I guess the real question is what OS do we go with once our Pre 2 is outdated & we can't get the phone. With the announcement that the Pre 3 won't be coming to the US, I'm wondering what OS I will have to switch to. It is great that HP is going to continue the development of the webOS, but with out devices, it does no one any good. What a mess this is. Now there are thousands more on the webOS wagon with th TouchPad, this makes one wonder. Just food for thought.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I guess the real question is what OS do we go with once our Pre 2 is outdated & we can't get the phone. With the announcement that the Pre 3 won't be coming to the US, I'm wondering what OS I will have to switch to. It is great that HP is going to continue the development of the webOS, but with out devices, it does no one any good. What a mess this is. Now there are thousands more on the webOS wagon with th TouchPad, this makes one wonder. Just food for thought.
    Well, can't think of anything. None of the other phone OSes are remotely close to how WebOS operates. The only similar device is the RIM playbook but it's not a darn phone.

You guys could try Meego on the Nokia N9....Looks very promising...But wait. That's not going to the US either!!
    If you jail break iOS, there is a utility that will give you a webOS style "cards" / Expose style UI. It's called Multifl0w.

multifl0w - an iPhone multitasking interface
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast