1.    #1  
    I am still wondering where you can buy pre3's to use with Verizon here in the states or if there is a world phone pre 3.

any ideas?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    You have to buy an unlocked one. Then use it on either T-Mobile or at&t, or any local GSM carrier
    Wrong.

So far there is no word on what HP plans to do with CDMA Pre3s (=world phone) if they even exist. If they do start selling it, you could use it on Verizon.

The UK version will NOT work on Verizon.

So the answer is, no one knows, but you can be sure it will be made know immediately once people find out.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Wrong.

So far there is no word on what HP plans to do with CDMA Pre3s (=world phone) if they even exist. If they do start selling it, you could use it on Verizon.

The UK version will NOT work on Verizon.

So the answer is, no one knows, but you can be sure it will be made know immediately once people find out.
    I don't know who you are saying is wrong, but you have to buy an unlocked Pre 3 to use it here on either at&t or T-Mobile...
    That's because they're GSM networks using SIM cards. CDMA carriers like VZW have to whitelist the phone's ESN to be useable on their network and then have the device remotely activated instead of just swapping the SIM
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I don't know who you are saying is wrong, but you have to buy an unlocked Pre 3 to use it here on either at&t or T-Mobile...
    AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM. They are irrelevant to the OP's question.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM. They are irrelevant to the OP's question.
    I told him he has to buy an unlocked one, and use it on one of our GSM networks...I don't know whats wrong about that.
    I'm not trying to be snarky, but read his question and the thread title. He's asking about Verizon. Everyone knows about the GSM options.
  9.    #9  
    yeah, CDMA version please.

if it is a world phone then it is both cdma and gsm right?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Hi all,

Stupid question. Original Pre owner here, but first post. Go Figure. Just picked up touchpad and realizing how integrated it is with my phone. (calling through it, etc). Is the German Pre3 a world phone? Will it work on Sprint? Or are we all fresh out of luck of buying this "world phone" ever?

I'd been planning to switch to Windows Phone 7 a while now.. maybe someone can write a blue-tooth hack that lets you sync up with the touchpad the same way it does with the Pre now.

(PS: Does anyone know if it's possible to put Webos 2.0 on an original Pre?)
    Quote Originally Posted by aurthur9 View Post
    Hi all,

Stupid question. Original Pre owner here, but first post. Go Figure. Just picked up touchpad and realizing how integrated it is with my phone. (calling through it, etc). Is the German Pre3 a world phone? Will it work on Sprint? Or are we all fresh out of luck of buying this "world phone" ever?

I'd been planning to switch to Windows Phone 7 a while now.. maybe someone can write a blue-tooth hack that lets you sync up with the touchpad the same way it does with the Pre now.

(PS: Does anyone know if it's possible to put Webos 2.0 on an original Pre?)
    Not sure how well it works and certainly be aware of the caveats (no Sprint Nav or PRL Updates), but:

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals