Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    so with the current fir sale going on with the touchpad do you think they will release the us band devices they have made on a super sale? I know I would snatch up one if they did. What about you guys?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    not likely...better write-off to put them in a landfill somewhere
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Oh this must happen!!!!
  4.    #4  
    so write off vs getting some money back? And you think they would choose write off?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Soorma, cujoq37 and giggles like this.
  6.    #6  
    haha definitely
    It makes sense if they are very far in to the production run, but otherwise no. If they only have a small number, it's not worth a few sales in return for maintaining the required support infrastructure. With the TouchPad, there are already a few hundred thousand out there, may as well sell the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    It makes sense if they are very far in to the production run, but otherwise no. If they only have a small number, it's not worth a few sales in return for maintaining the required support infrastructure. With the TouchPad, there are already a few hundred thousand out there, may as well sell the rest.
    Well, considering the fact that they already sold a few in UK and AT&T stores were already ordering them, I'm pretty sure they are all in a warehouse somewhere.

Except for the AT&T units they probably need to unlock them first to sell them as unlocked.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9.    #9  
    I'd like to think they were pretty deep into the production run. Seeing as it seemed like they were getting ready to launch in the us.
  10.    #10  
    I don't care if they are locked or not I just want one. I've wanted one since they' were announced in feb.
    Maybe a dumb question but will an unlocked Pre3 work on Sprint
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psiwriter View Post
    nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by psiwriter View Post
    No
    party
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    they can write off full cost in a landfill which might be more than fire sale. If they do sell them, I will buy one if I can.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I am betting they sell them. Candidly, l am shocked that they released the UK version so close to the announcement because now they have to support it and I would guess supporting a US version (with an Indian call center) won't be that much harder.

The question is will ATT carry a device and put their support in place without a future. Typically, ATT provides their own support.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  17.    #17  
    att already canceled their order's.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    att already canceled their order's.
    Just saw that and still taking all this in. I was in this "ecosystem" for the long haul with my TP and all the accessories. Now don't know what to do. Been very happy with progress and was looking forward to my portrait slider......so confused.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  19.    #19  
    you're not the only one i can guarantee you that.
    Well, I've been using my Pre3 now for a day, and I hope they do a fire sale.

I want a spare for cheap!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast