Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Breaking: All U.S. orders for the Pre 3 on AT&T are cancelled. | Featured, News, Pre3 |webOSroundup
    This device launch has been completely cancelled. Please cancel all bulk orders and stop all work on packaging for XXX SKU(XXX)
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Well here are fingers crossed Sprint'll pick it up. After all, yesterday's announcement was the best thing to happen to webOS rite.
    Well, there's a surprise, NOT!

But, I guess Leo and the HP BOD figured this into their plan, of course.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Does this mean that the 50 Pre3s in circulation is now a collectors item? How much will it go for on ebay?!?
    So this means HP will probably sell the US units themselves just to get rid of the stock, right? If so, I'd buy one and just put an AT&T sim in it if they sell for under $150.
    preak and VCI_Cell like this.
    well thats just great, it was gonna launch on my carrier and now I can't get it. really, hp is such a garbage company.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by danh35 View Post
    So this means HP will probably sell the US units themselves just to get rid of the stock, right? If so, I'd buy one and just put an AT&T sim in it if they sell for under $150.
    +1

One for use, another as spare parts.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    This sucks. I hope I'll be able to get an unlocked version.
    The first decent WebOS phone to launch on my carrier didn't. Maybe they will be available on clearance from HP.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Us Sprint customers are such crybabies because we're not getting the Pre 3 or any new WebOS phones. We should jump Sprint's ship, email Sprint's Dan Hesse, and pay a little more on a real network.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    As some of you may already know, I've ordered an EU HP GSM SIM FREE Pre 3 from handtec.co.uk that will arrive here (USA, California) on Monday or Tuesday. I had been under the impression the device on its way to me was a quad band GSM and tri-band UTMS device with the three UTMS bands being 900, 1900, and 2100 (900 and 2100 are EU UTMS bands, whilst 850 and 1900 are North American UTMS bands).

With those specs, the device will supposedly work on AT&T and Rogers UMTS networks although it would have marginal 3G (and HSPA+ faux 4G) data performance/connectivity indoors. I also knew the device on its way to me from the UK was an 8GB model, whereas the US Pre 3 was going to be a 16GB version. .

Something about seeing the leaked email document cancelling the US launch ( I don't really know what) caused me to wonder whether I had the correct specs in mind for the EU SIM FREE GSM Pre 3 I had just purchased.

Take a close look at these specs for the 8GB SIM FREE EU GSM Pre 3 headed my way as reported by Skinflint (UK) Ľ Phone & Co Ľ Mobile Phones Ľ 3G Phones without Contract at:

HP Pre 3 8GB | Skinflint Price Comparison UK

HP PALM PRE 3 QWERTY SIM FREE 8GB - HP FB437AA#ABU
    Form factor: slider • EDGE/GPRS/HSDPA/HSUPA • WAP/MMS • GPS • CPU: 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM 8x55 • OS: WebOS • GSM-quad band (850/900/1800/1900MHz) • UMTS-quad band (850/900/1900/2100MHz) • Full keyboard • colour display (16 Mio. colours, 800x480 pixels, 3.6", capacitive touchscreen) • Video-/MP3 player • 2 digital cameras (1.: 5.0MP, LED-flash, AF, Videos @720p; 2.: VGA, video telephony) • Bluetooth 2.1 • microUSB 2.0 • 3.5mm jack plug • WLAN (802.11b/g(n) • 8GB memory • Standby time: not specified • Talk time: not specified • Size: 111x64x16mm • Weight: 156g • SAR value: not specified • Special features: acceleration sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, compass

Do you see what I see?
    This description clearly states: GSM-quad band (850/900/1800/1900MHz) • UMTS-quad band (850/900/1900/2100MHz) .Someone please slap me silly if I've been had by my own wishful thinking fed by inaccurate data published on a shopping website, and please do it soon so I don't spend this whole weekend thinking that I've managed to stumble on a Pre 3 with both NA 850 and 1900 MHz 3G UTMS HSPA+ band connectivity I can use without concern in the USA.

EDIT: Went to Palm UK and downloaded the User Guide:

Officially Tri-band UMTS
    Specifications

Radio • Tri-band UMTS (850/1900/2100 or 900/1900/2100)• HSDPA 14.4/HSUPA 5.76
    • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900)
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/20/2011 at 03:46 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  12.    #12  
    can I order a pre-3 for 50 dollars?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    can I order a pre-3 for 50 dollars?
    Only HP knows.
    Maybe less if you wait a few weeks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I want to get Pre3 at USD50....
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Only HP knows.
    Maybe less if you wait a few weeks!
    What's all this talk abut 50 dollars?

Can you really buy the Pre 3 for 50?

If so, is that on or off contract?

and where at?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Hp.com had the veer and pre 2 at 49.99 but they are all sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    unlocked?
    Hey TTB, if that's really the case... I'm in for one as SOON as the price drops...
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Call in the morning after 10AM eastern time. I've been told there will be some available at that price, if not online again by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    unlocked?
    Yes, Unlocked Pre 2, Verizon Pre 2, and the AT&T Veer all are fire sale priced at $49.99 each. OOS online but call in the am there may be some availble by phone order.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast