Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    Also bear in mind that we might get unlocked Pre3 from HP.com for dirt cheap. I would certainly get even if its $299
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I think buying Pre3 cheap and use it for a couple of months while waiting for what webOS is going and await others offerings (mainly WP7 phones with Mango updates, especially Dell Venue Pro.)
    Global Posts
    1,937 Global Posts
    I like the WP7 since I use a Zune HD. The only drawback for me is the lack of Mobile Hotspot.
    Next year BlackBerry is said to switch their phones to the same OS that's on their PlayBook tablet. Fast & smooth, and with the cards multitasking UI basically stolen from WebOS.
    A BlackBerry Torch vertical slider with that OS on it looks quite interesting.
    Of course, lots of uncertainties and questions of "if" and "when" about that happening and about RIM in general.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    pretty much this. I'm settling for Android. Next month I'll be choosing between a Motorola Photon and the Galaxy SII (presumably the Epic Touch 4G)

I'm really going to miss webOS but I'll get that big screen and fast performance I always wanted.
    I picked up a Motorola Photon to replace my Pre this past weekend after the news last week. I really hope webOS finds a way to live on and come back to phones in the future via licensing. Android is annoying and fragmented, webOS is simple and elegant (as if anyone reading this doesn't already know that).

The hardware on the Photon is nice and the battery life is actually pretty good; I just need to get used to Android.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for the Nexus Prime on sprint now, hopefully its not too far.
    Samsung A900> HTC Touch (Vogue)> Palm Pre> HTC Hero> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> HTC Evo 4G White
    I'm just going to try to get a cheap unlocked Pre3. Screw the apps.

I mildly like Windows Phone but not enough to actually buy a phone, if this is the death of WebOS then I'll probably have to look at the RIM Colt with QNX
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    I'm actually on the fence if I should just jump on the UK Pre 3. Not even sure if the US one will be released at this point, unlocked or not.
    I almost missed a prospect appointment this morning as my ****Pre2 had not picked up the item from my google calendar. The good thing is it was on my wife's Pre- (we share each other's calendars) and asked me about it last night.

I was considering a Pre3 instead of abandoning webos, because of synergy and multitasking. But I bet the **** calendar bug - which I had heard of but never experienced - is also present in OS2.2 of Pre3. I guess no more Pre3 for me. And will change the Pre2 at the earliest opportunity. This bug is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

iPhone 5 is the most likely for me. Shame.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12