Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Since HP just lit their own Hindenburg I am guessing that devs won't be modifying existing apps that work on Pre/Pre2 to work on Pre3?

What is in the app catalogue right now is likely to remain static?

So the question becomes what is available right now for potential Pre 3 owners? HPs announcement hasn't meant it is still not a damn good handset. We just need to help the Homebrew continue as they have proven they can fix the niggly bugs.

Is it worth seeing if it is possible to backup all existing IPK files from the App catalogue in case HP withdraw it completely?
    Unfortunately I have no way of getting a complete list of the apps I had on my Pre2 or knowing what apps my Palm Profile has purchased - doesn't seem to be anything to manage that.

Preware lists 418 available and 67 installed.

Notable absentees currently are;
    Facebook - Palm
    nDrive - nDrive (I have tweeted them asking about support)
    UK Radio - tbc

Do you have any apps you want me to check for - bear in mind that I am in the UK so many apps are still not even available in our App Catalogue nevermind on the Pre3 (e.g. Kindle).
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Unfortunately I have no way of getting a complete list of the apps I had on my Pre2 or knowing what apps my Palm Profile has purchased - doesn't seem to be anything to manage that.

Preware lists 418 available and 67 installed.

Notable absentees currently are;
    Facebook - Palm
    nDrive - nDrive (I have tweeted them asking about support)
    UK Radio - tbc

Do you have any apps you want me to check for - bear in mind that I am in the UK so many apps are still not even available in our App Catalogue nevermind on the Pre3 (e.g. Kindle).
    I don't use many apps but a eBook reader able to handle multiple formats and a turn by turn GPS piece of software are my two key apps. I think it comes with a Twitter client? I just deleted my Facebook account
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I'd also like to see spotify, but it's not listed. I'm sure it was listed on my Pre2....
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    TruffleShuffle likes this.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    AuctionMate & Flickr aint there.
    Yes - Spotify was on the Pre 2 (but is not on Pre 3 yet).

Twitter - There is Carbon which is pay for and is available on the Pre 3 for twitter (I am using it), Spaz does not seem to be available yet. Bad Kitty is a pay for twitter app that is listed in the catalogue not sure if it would be available to install as you have to pay for it.

eBook reader - there is no Kindle in the UK and also the only one I found was pReader Native Alpha which is obviously a work in progress supports some formats.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    Yes - Spotify was on the Pre 2 (but is not on Pre 3 yet).

Twitter - There is Carbon which is pay for and is available on the Pre 3 for twitter (I am using it), Spaz does not seem to be available yet. Bad Kitty is a pay for twitter app that is listed in the catalogue not sure if it would be available to install as you have to pay for it.

eBook reader - there is no Kindle in the UK and also the only one I found was pReader Native Alpha which is obviously a work in progress supports some formats.
    **** i need Spotify! Can't justify paying for it without having it on my Pre 3!
    I could always have it ported from Android or Pre 2 with PhoneGap if possible tho.
    TruffleShuffle likes this.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    If they'll just release an update to Facebook, I think I'm gonna keep my Pre3... It's coming, right?
    Facebook and Spotify and the pre 3 is gonna remain in my pocket for a long time.
    joyu12 likes this.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    When is the Google+ app coming? Kik? Whatsapp? Plants vs Zombies?
    joyu12 likes this.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I kinda missed Intenalz
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    Facebook and Spotify and the pre 3 is gonna remain in my pocket for a long time.
    Agreed, FB and Spotify is what i require. Tumblr and Google+ are nice additions but not requrirements.
    I have to say the Pre 3 is awesome - loving it. The apps will come I'm sure of it.

hsukirk: I have Internalz pro on my pre 3 through preware do you not have it?
    ___
    Give them a chance the pre 3 only got soft launched two days ago!! The apps will come.
    ___
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I have to say the Pre 3 is awesome - loving it. The apps will come I'm sure of it.hsukirk: I have Internalz pro on my pre 3 through preware do you not have it?
    funny, because we also said this of the pre- back two years ago.
    the apps won't come. webOS is dead until somebody revives it (possible, but not likely). Take it.
    Get Facebook working on Pre 3
    Copy the com.palm.app.facebook under the directory /media/crytofs/apps/usr/palm/appliactions/ on ur old Pre/Pre 2 to the same dir of your Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I'd also like to see spotify, but it's not listed. I'm sure it was listed on my Pre2....
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    I don't use many apps but a eBook reader able to handle multiple formats and a turn by turn GPS piece of software are my two key apps. I think it comes with a Twitter client? I just deleted my Facebook account
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    funny, because we also said this of the pre- back two years ago.
    I was talking of the existing apps we've been using on the Pre2, whether the platform strengthens going forwards remains to be seen, but certainly is undecided.
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Copy the com.palm.app.facebook under the directory /media/crytofs/apps/usr/palm/appliactions/ on ur old Pre/Pre 2 to the same dir of your Pre3
    Unfortunately I can't access my Pre2 now I've migrated over to the Pre3 so I have to wait.
    ___
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Doesn't work for me.
    I've tried installing an ipk with palm-install and copied from my veer as you suggested, but it just won't load on my Pre3.. The icon just fades in and out forever.. any suggestions? I'm desperate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast