Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Like many of you, I'm devastated. Waiting for the 3 and clicking refresh has been a daily ritual. But the big question for those of us who have been waiting patiently for a Palm3 is what the heck do we get now? Touchscreen is a no go and horitzontal keyboard is a pain in the ****. So the only choice seems to be a new Blackberry Torch 8310.

But do we really want to go from a dead brand to a dying one with an inferior OS? And for those of us under Verizon contract, it's not even an option.

Anyone know whether anyone else is ready to do a vertical slider? I'd kill for a vertical sliding iPhone. Where do we go now if a vertical keyboard is a must?
    Last edited by DaveChgo; 08/18/2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: premature posting
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    welp you could always rush out for an HTC Status. Its got a vertical keyboard and you'll fit right in with the teens in the mall who are ashamed to be seen with a Status.

edit. Sorry the Status is not a slider.
    I am just going to get a DOA Pre3 and ride the dead horse while other people are beating it.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    mrdmc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis View Post
    I am just going to get a DOA Pre3 and ride the dead horse while other people are beating it.
    You can't really believe that any US carrier is going to pick up the Pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveChgo View Post
    Like many of you, I'm devastated. Waiting for the 3 and clicking refresh has been a daily ritual. But the big question for those of us who have been waiting patiently for a Palm3 is what the heck do we get now? Touchscreen is a no go and horitzontal keyboard is a pain in the ****. So the only choice seems to be a new Blackberry Torch 8310.

But do we really want to go from a dead brand to a dying one with an inferior OS? And for those of us under Verizon contract, it's not even an option.

Anyone know whether anyone else is ready to do a vertical slider? I'd kill for a vertical sliding iPhone. Where do we go now if a vertical keyboard is a must?
    Hi all,

I'm with you, if we are forced from webOS, then I'm not going to BB with another dead OS and and other dying manufacturer!

I don't know what to do, but a keyboard is a must...after almost 11 years with a keyboard, I not typing on a slab of glass!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi all,

Is that sold here in the USA?

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis View Post
    I've wasyed enough time and money waiting on a pipe dream. I can say the same about dating, but atleast one ofthe two will make me happy when it happens! webOS is about as dead as Andy Kaufman, it will become a myth!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post

It doesn't matter to me if they do or not... honestly I'd prefer an unlocked device anyway... At this point you can buy an Unlocked Pre3 right now..
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    You can get a Droid Pro on vzw right now. It is a BB layout with android (don't really know anything else about it.)

To anyone open to a landscape slider, I really enjoy the Droid 3. Check it out if you're inclined.

-Suntan
    Grab a horizontal slider so you'll at least get a good phone with a successful OS. Don't bother with BB, you will just be going down the same road.

Please try a virtual keyboard like Swype, it might make you a believer.

Btw, I have a Evo Shift and I never use the physical keyboard. Thought I would need it, but you can't beat the virtual keyboard. Android isn't a good substitute for WebOS, but where do you go? Sad day.
    Spice is as powerful as a Pixi. You're better off getting any clearance Veers and use them until HP shuts down the services.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Is that sold here in the USA?

Take care,

Jay
    It's sold here in Canada from Mobilicity, and will work with T-Mobile with 3G after unlocking.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by bigferret View Post
    Grab a horizontal slider so you'll at least get a good phone with a successful OS. Don't bother with BB, you will just be going down the same road.

Please try a virtual keyboard like Swype, it might make you a believer.

Btw, I have a Evo Shift and I never use the physical keyboard. Thought I would need it, but you can't beat the virtual keyboard. Android isn't a good substitute for WebOS, but where do you go? Sad day.
    I'm sorry, but virtual keyboards make me sick. Don't give me that look, I've used both iPhone and Android.

Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    If they would work on AT&T and HP sells them unlocked, I'd get one to replace my Sprint Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    I hear once you type on BB Bold 9900/9930, you'll never want to use any other keyboard ever again....waiting on Sprint to get em in stores this weekend to try it myself.
    Actually I just did today, my coworker has a 9900.

I didn't like it that much, I actually preferred my Veer, or even my other coworker's 8520. I like the gap and the individual feel of the keys.

Dell Venue Pro
    DrewT3, LCGuy and monotok like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Dell Venue Pro
    That was the phone that a recent Yahoo/Appolicious article mentioned that professional users should look into.

It doesn't look too bad...it would look better with webOS on it though.

Venue Pro Smartphone with Windows 7 Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Dell Venue Pro
    99 Cents on 2-year contract for AT&T and T-Moblie.
    I think when you begin to see how much you will have to sacrifice when trying to find a portrait slider you will come to realize that a slab phone might not be such a bad thing to try.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast