Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Dell Venue Pro
    +1
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    That was the phone that a recent Yahoo/Appolicious article mentioned that professional users should look into.

It doesn't look too bad...it would look better with webOS on it though.

Venue Pro Smartphone with Windows 7 Phone
    WP7 also copies the multi-tasking from webOS IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    I had the veer for about a week. I'm surprised you prefer a tiny minuscule keyboard over larger
    bold keyboard.

Keep in mind BB is also to release a new curve which I believe has separated keys.

I'm a fan of physical keybaords myself. But in all honesty, you were on a dying platform, which is now dead...........makes no sense to go onto another dying platform (bb OS). People talk about licensing out webOS and software....................BB should license out their keyboards haha.
    Well my Veer's still practically new, and I'm not those who abso-frackin-lutely need to use the cutting edge or would feel left out if I'm not using what other are using. As long as they don't shut down on my my Veer should hold me down for quite some time, it's working just fine.

And I never thought I'd say this, but the Venue Pro looks really interesting now. Cheap too, it's even cheaper than the Pre 3.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/mobile-venue-pro/pd
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 08/19/2011 at 08:01 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think when you begin to see how much you will have to sacrifice when trying to find a portrait slider you will come to realize that a slab phone might not be such a bad thing to try.
    There aren't any portrait sliders for either iOS or Android in the US. I gave up on a Sprint Pre3 a couple of months ago, and wanted a new, more reliable phone, and finally settled on a Photon, which is a slab, and I really miss having a keyboard. (Swype is better than the the stock keyboard, though, or than SwiftKey, which "autocorrected" me to death.) There's a Motorola candy-bar that's about a year out of date spec-wise, that I considered (XPRT). If you can wait, there's rumors of a new, more poweful Moto with a portrait keyboard coming in a couple of months. People looking at the blurry leaked photos are debating whether it's a slider or a candybar. (Pax, and it's looking to be a candybar.)

I've heard lots of snipes about motoblur, but whatever is on the Photon is okay. People say that the Photon's version is "lighter" than on other Motorola products (apparently you need to create a blur account on some of the phones. I didn't do that.) My guess is that's the trend, especially with the purchase by Google, and the "coming soon" phone will have a perfectly okay interface.

I decided not to bother with the landscape keyboards. No one seems to use them. I don't think that's because the virtual keyboards are so wonderful, I think it's because the landscape keyboards are clunky and hard to use. Hold out for a portrait keyboard if you need a keyboard.

(And all those people who love virtual keyboards type really slowly on them, despite that love. At least, that's true of everyone I know. Friends have even commented on how fast I cuold type on the Pre, and it was all because of the keyboard, I'm a lousy typist.)
    Last edited by puzzlegal; 08/19/2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: added names of phone.
    I hear once you type on BB Bold 9900/9930, you'll never want to use any other keyboard ever again....waiting on Sprint to get em in stores this weekend to try it myself.
    I have, lovely keyboards, but the OS is just paints
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think when you begin to see how much you will have to sacrifice when trying to find a portrait slider you will come to realize that a slab phone might not be such a bad thing to try.
    Hi all,

Perhaps it my disability speaking...but I hate to type on flat glass, I find it slower, uncomfortable and harder to do without looking at the keyboard. I WANT a keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At this point it could be Landscape or Portrait!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    If someone could make an iPhone case with a slide-out portrait kb that would be tremendous.
    Oh and if it could somehow charge on a touchstone!
    One thing to consider is a blue-tooth keyboard for an iPhone. I think they exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    One thing to consider is a blue-tooth keyboard for an iPhone. I think they exist.
    Hi all,

It's more stuff to drag around! BTW I don't like Jobs' arrogance of not having a removable battery either! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Perhaps it my disability speaking...but I hate to type on flat glass, I find it slower, uncomfortable and harder to do without looking at the keyboard. I WANT a keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At this point it could be Landscape or Portrait!
    That's easy:
    DROID 3 Android Smartphone by Motorola - Thin QWERTY Dual Core Phone - - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
    ilovedessert likes this.
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    anyone wanna buy my Pre 3? :/
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    once you type on BB Bold 9900/9930, you'll never want to use any other
    Agreed. I have had access to one for a while. It is the gold standard of keyboards IMO.
    hi taht may well be, but BB is having BIG problems and I tried my self to on sinking ship, (Palm/Hp, PalmOS/webOS), I'm not making that mistake again. Take care, jay
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo.55 View Post
    I've wasyed enough time and money waiting on a pipe dream. I can say the same about dating, but atleast one ofthe two will make me happy when it happens! webOS is about as dead as Andy Kaufman, it will become a myth!
    Andy Kaufman's dead?
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monotok View Post
    anyone wanna buy my Pre 3? :/
    I will. PM me
    I can't remember but one. Of the new Samsung phones will have what your looking for.. android over apple
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    HTC patents slick new portrait slider | WMPoweruser

The waiting game begins, yet again... lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12