Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by monotok View Post
    such a shame because it works so well
    So keep it then!
    With my recent purchase of the TP, I feel like I put $500 on the table @ McDonalds (or any public place) and walked away with no expectation of getting it back.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    yeah, imagine how it feels to developers
    Those are the guys I feel most sorry for.
    box.co.uk want a 20% restocking fee GRRR to return it!
    So dam angry right now, I was on android and from February i was looking at this website everyday for news because the OS is so awesome looking and different from android.
    Then i bought it and was so excited and then went out in the evening came back to find HP had completely f*%&%&* me over!!!
    box.co.uk just rang me back and said they would give me the 50 refund of price difference so i will keep it and sell it on ebay i think :/
    in the UK we've got a 7 day return period for all products/services sold over the internet or phone (called the Distance Selling Regulations). if its unopened then you should only have to pay to ship it back to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by benssson View Post
    in the UK we've got a 7 day return period for all products/services sold over the internet or phone (called the Distance Selling Regulations). if its unopened then you should only have to pay to ship it back to them.
    +1, although it doesn't actually matter if it's opened or not, the consumer must have a fair chance to examine the product, not just the box. That's the point of the regulations.
    box.co.uk want a 20% restocking fee GRRR to return it!
    So dam angry right now, I was on android and from February i was looking at this website everyday for news because the OS is so awesome looking and different from android.
    Then i bought it and was so excited and then went out in the evening came back to find HP had completely f*%&%&* me over!!!
    box.co.uk just rang me back and said they would give me the 50 refund of price difference so i will keep it and sell it on ebay i think :/
    If you are within 7 days they legally can NOT do this. Even if it is written in their T&Cs. If they persist contact your credit card company and arrange a charge back.

Edit: You can even ask them to refund you the cost of posting it back to them, although this is not so cut and dried in terms of a legal requirement.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Don't give up just yet!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    for many years I have been waiting for two things, one is a replacement for my Palm T3 (I thought Pre3 would be it) and the other... well I sure hope Diablo III will not suck because then I have been waiting in vain all this time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12