1.    #1  
    I got an email a few days ago from Vodafone offering me a free upgrade as my contract ends on Nov 2011.

I called them today and after along conversation, they confirmed 100% they will NOT be carrying the Pre 3 , so I have ordered a SIM free Pre 3 from box.co.uk and will look for a SIM only deal when my contract expires on Nov 2011.

There was just no other phone I wanted and I have been using a software hacked Pre for the past 18 months.. and love it

atm I pay £30 PM for 700 anytime mins, unlimited landlines, 250 texts and unlimited data. Just realised I only use about 200 free mins, 80 texts and 300MB of data per month.

So £300 for a SIM only phone and a better monthly tariff on 3 months time, I think is the way to go!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    You can get a good sim-only deal with TalkMobile, which uses the Vodafone network.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    I got an email a few days ago from Vodafone offering me a free upgrade as my contract ends on Nov 2011.

I called them today and after along conversation, they confirmed 100% they will NOT be carrying the Pre 3 , so I have ordered a SIM free Pre 3 from box.co.uk and will look for a SIM only deal when my contract expires on Nov 2011.

There was just no other phone I wanted and I have been using a software hacked Pre for the past 18 months.. and love it

atm I pay £30 PM for 700 anytime mins, unlimited landlines, 250 texts and unlimited data. Just realised I only use about 200 free mins, 80 texts and 300MB of data per month.

So £300 for a SIM only phone and a better monthly tariff on 3 months time, I think is the way to go!
    You should have spoken to mobilephonesdirect I am pretty sure they could sort it out for you keeping your existing Vodafone account.
  4.    #4  
    Really?... I'll check them out and get ready for Nov 2011

Thanks

EN4
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    You should have spoken to mobilephonesdirect I am pretty sure they could sort it out for you keeping your existing Vodafone account.
    Yes, but I didn't want to lock in again to a long 24 month deal... The market is so buoyant atm
    Yes, but I didn't want to lock in again to a long 24 month deal... The market is so buoyant atm
    Thats why I got a 12 month Vodafone contract and Pre3 from them
  7.    #7  
    Thats why I got a 12 month Vodafone contract and Pre3 from them

I couldn't see that deal listed on their website!

oh..

Is this the deal:

Vodafone £36.00 mobile internet Vodafone 12 month contract
    Minutes
    per month Unlimited
    Text
    +
    500MB mobile web
    per month £36.00
    Line rental
    per month
    Free insurance
    Price with
    New Contract
    £45.00
    If you don't want to splash the full £300 in one go and want Vodafone, you can also go via quite a few independent on-line dealers that offer a voda contract plus the Pre 3. Most of the ones I have looked at offer 18 or 24 month contracts (on the 4 main networks, have not seen any on 3 yet), but there was a message on this forum by someone who had managed to get a 12 month contract too. [EDIT: So that was you, Noxis. I was typing this long winded message as you posted your reply...]

Most sim only deals are a minimum of £10 a month and more likely £15 if you add a decent amount of data. So over an 18 month period, it will likely cost you a lot more to buy the Pre 3 for£300 and also pay for sim free deals on top, rather than get the phone as part of a long term contract. Long term contracts often include a phone subsidy which the sim-only deals don't provide.

The only real exception I know to the above is talkmobile, which seems to have very good sim only deals that include data and start at ludicrously low prices. I have not used TalkMobile, but am very interested in finding out if their coverage and service is the same as Vodafone.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Make sure you go via a cashback site to get maximum value.
    I couldn't see that deal listed on their website!

oh..

Is this the deal:

Vodafone £36.00 mobile internet Vodafone 12 month contract
    Minutes
    per month Unlimited
    Text
    +
    500MB mobile web
    per month £36.00
    Line rental
    per month
    Free insurance
    Price with
    New Contract
    £45.00
    That is the one.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    I have not used TalkMobile, but am very interested in finding out if their coverage and service is the same as Vodafone.
    They use the Vodafone network, but are actually run by Carphone Warehouse.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post

The only real exception I know to the above is talkmobile, which seems to have very good sim only deals that include data and start at ludicrously low prices. I have not used TalkMobile, but am very interested in finding out if their coverage and service is the same as Vodafone.
    I heard this too and that they have a solid Vodafone support network!.. think this will be me, when my contract ends in Nov 2011..
  13.    #13  
    That is the one.
    About the same then of buying the phone SIM free for £300 and doing a SIM only deal for 12 months ...
    About the same then of buying the phone SIM free for £300 and doing a SIM only deal for 12 months ...
    Definitely, but infinitely more affordable
  15.    #15  
    Definitely, but infinitely more affordable

Yes, I C.. swings and roundabouts.. Depends on your situation I suppose... I've opted for the upfront payment, 3 months to ditch my Voda contract and then off to a fantastic Talkmobile deal.. So better long term saving 4 me
    And what's more, after 12 months the Pre3 will likely be worth £100 or so, and can then sell on Ebay and go for a Pre4 ;-) So glad the 12 month contracts are back!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    You can get a good sim-only deal with TalkMobile, which uses the Vodafone network.
    I agree Talk Mobile offer really good value deals.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by howardz View Post
    I agree Talk Mobile offer really good value deals.
    Not with the Pre 3 tho