Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is a seemless way to sync the Pre 3 with Outlook or will we have to go down the Pocket Mirror route again?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Sync Pre3 with Google and then use OggSync on the Windows PC to sync Outlook with Google. I have been using this since I got my Pre- and it works well.

Ogg sync is free but if you want contact sync you will have to pay a small amount for the Pro version.
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Will it sync both ways. ie, from Outlook to the phone and from the phone to Outlook?
  4.    #4  
    I have Pocket Mirror, so hope it will be compatible with the Pre 3 !!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Yes, Pre3 already syncs with Google and OggSync syncs Outlook with Google both ways

---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (Sorry - waiting for TouchPad with 3G)

---------------------------------------
    Unlocked German O2 Pre- with 2.1.0 and UberKernal
    Bought and activated in Germany by the O2 store
    Manually entered CarrierNetworkSettings for 3 Sweden carrier in 2.1.0 phone preferences (finally working in 2.1.0)

WebOS news from http://webosblog.eu - http://precentral.net - http://webos-blog.de
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Which is best for the Pre 3 at the moment?

Preferably with ssl support for anything on google.
    Has anyone tried Pocket Mirror with a Pre 3 yet? Chapura's website hasn't been updated to mention the Pre 3, and of course if it isn't compatible then there's always the chance that they don't update it.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Depending on what you want to sync Google makes a sync program for the calendar. Can be set to sync the google calendar both ways ie changes made in outlook turns up in your Pre and vice versa.
    How about syncs incoming emails? would the outlook-google-pre approach work on emails too?
    hotmail can sync with both pre3 and ms outlook.

I used to sync my old iphone and outlook with oggsync through gmail, but I changed to hotmail because of multiple calendar.

gamil does not recognize pre3 as mobile device unless I change user agent.
    So I could not set multiple calendar to be synced with pre3.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    you can just link Pre 3 with each of your individual in boxes?
    PM for webOS doesn't work on my PrPrPr$3$. $The$ $sync$ $with$ $contacts$ $and$ $calendar$ $fails$ $completely$. $After$ $touching$ $the$ $Synchronize$ $button$, $I$ $get$ $a$ $error$ $log$ $with$ $all$ $kinds$ $of$ $Java$ $errors$.. $Chapura$ $says$ $it$ $can$'$t$ $offer$ $any$ $support$ $since$ $they$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $a$ $Pr$$3$.. $So$ $I$'$m$ $stuck$ $now$.. $What$ $to$ $do$? $Alternatives$ $that$ $sync$ $with$ $Outlook$ $2010$ $and$ $the$ $Pr$$3$? $Or$ $just$ $go$ $back$ $to$ $my$ $Pr$ $Classic$ $and$ $sell$ $the$ $Pr$$3$? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka53 View Post
    PM for webOS doesn't work on my PrPrPr$3$. $The$ $sync$ $with$ $contacts$ $and$ $calendar$ $fails$ $completely$. $After$ $touching$ $the$ $Synchronize$ $button$, $I$ $get$ $a$ $error$ $log$ $with$ $all$ $kinds$ $of$ $Java$ $errors$.. $Chapura$ $says$ $it$ $can$'$t$ $offer$ $any$ $support$ $since$ $they$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $a$ $Pr$$3$.. $So$ $I$'$m$ $stuck$ $now$.. $What$ $to$ $do$? $Alternatives$ $that$ $sync$ $with$ $Outlook$ $2010$ $and$ $the$ $Pr$$3$? $Or$ $just$ $go$ $back$ $to$ $my$ $Pr$ $Classic$ $and$ $sell$ $the$ $Pr$$3$? :-)
    I just managed to link my outlook account to my pre3 with manual setting. I believe that works for calenda and contact etc?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've been trying Pocket Mirror over the last few days and haven't managed a sync yet.

Excellent support, but not happy that my work Outlook will not get trashed.

Tried gSyncit and it synced to google with no effort.

Still not made my mind up yet though ...
  15.    #15  
    I've thrown away my Pre now and moved to Android on a Desire Z
    Just got an e-mail from Chapura Support (PocketMirror), saying their software developer managed to reproduce the Outlook Contact and Calendar sync issue on the PrPrPr$3$. $They$ $released$ $a$ $4$.$04$ $update$ $which$ $will$ $solve$ $it$. $They$ $sent$ $it$ $to$ $HP$, $so$ $this$ $update$ $should$ $be$ $downloadable$ $in$ $the$ $software$ $manager$ $soon$.. $So$ $don$'$t$ $dispair$, $just$ $be$ $patient$.. :-)
    Pocket Mirror works for me on Pre3
    Yep. PocketMirror works for me too. Had to update the app to a version compatible with webOS 2.2 and had to upgrade the desktop component which is now version 5.x. In case it matters, I'm still running the now near ancient Outlook 2003.
    Errrr....scratch that.

Only just realized that it hasn't sync'ed my contacts and calendar as they hadn't been enabled yet. So I went to enable that in PocketMirror and it directed me to a chapura page that talks about problems with webOS. Even then when I enabled it, it choked hard resulting in an indecipherable (for me) log file. Damn.
    Same here, calander and contacts error out, rest fine, Chapura support came back in less than an hour and said update 4.0.4 has solved the issue and been sent to HP, and to wait for the update, still no sign of that though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast