Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looks like version 4.0.5 for the Pre 3 and TB has arrived:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...p.pocketmirror
    Does it work?
    I can confirm that PocketMirror 4.05 and my PrPrPr$3$ ($UK$) $are$ $working$ $well$ $together$! $No$ $problem$ $syncing$ $my$ $Outlook$ $2010$ $Contacts$, $Calendar$, $Tasks$ $and$ $Memo$'$s$ $with$ $my$ $desktop$ $PC$. $The$ $wait$ $is$ $over$..
    This is great news, thanks!
    There is noone free way to synq Outlook with Contacts,calendar etc?

I want the Palm empire back...
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanail View Post

working fine on Pre3 USA ATT...few burps ...have to activate outlook as sync default in contacts & calendar by holding down the "Sym" button and tapping it in PocketMirror on the device. Then the sync takes long the first time but after it's a breeze!!
    I'm confused as I have been able to sync my outlook mail,contacts, task and calendar fine without any need for an extra app or software bridge. I have done this since my original pre+ and now on my pre3. If however I have missed the point of this topic please ignore.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I got pm yesterday & it works fairly well but some contacts don't get across ..it says ver 4.0.6 on my pre3 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadVenom View Post
    I'm confused as I have been able to sync my outlook mail,contacts, task and calendar fine without any need for an extra app or software bridge. I have done this since my original pre+ and now on my pre3. If however I have missed the point of this topic please ignore.

You synqed Microsoft outlook with pre 3 without any other app ?

Can you describe the procedure ?
    Coming from Nokia ecosystem, this is quite disappointing to learn that there is no free Palm/HP solution to synchronize Outlook vs. the Pre 3 by simply plugging an USB cable.

I hope too that DreadVenom can help with a tweak ! ; )
    I guess he was referring to exchange-sync, which works fine and flawless on all of my webOS-devices since I have them.

Indeed there is no direct and cost-free way to synchronise any webOS with Outlook. There are indirect ways (over Hotmail or via syncing your Outlook with Google and then syncing your phone with Google) or the possibility to buy an App (at least two to three that work).
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanail View Post

As mentioned earlier in the thread, if you are prepared to use google calendar/contacts then you can do it easily. WebOS syncs with google without any extras and there are lots of options for syncing outlook to google, some free and some cost a little. You end up with 3 way syncing with a backup of everything in the cloud (google in this case).

I've been doing this for over 2 years without any problems using gsyncit on the PC but I did pay for the premium version so that it does calendar AND contacts. I would rather do things this way than have my only backup on my laptop and have to run the sync process manually. The Pre(3) syncs continuously so I know I always have the cloud backup and outlook syncs every time I fire it up.
    Hehe... I got Exchange service from Microsoft Office 365 for less than $6 a month and it is awesome with pre 3. It syncs tasks, contacts, and emails. Have not used the notes yet (don't generally use that feature). It does not sync TXT/SMS/MMS like windows mobile 6.5 did, and can't send text from outlook either, but that's such a small thing for me.

It even syncs pictures for contacts, which is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVenom View Post

you must be syncing with an Exchange server. Those of us that use outlook on a stand alone basis have to sync to the outlook info on the PC directly.
    1)The free cost ways to synq MS outlook with Google are ?
    Last edited by nathanail; 11/23/2011 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla View Post
    Has anyone tried Pocket Mirror with a Pre 3 yet? Chapura's website hasn't been updated to mention the Pre 3, and of course if it isn't compatible then there's always the chance that they don't update it.

Pre3 works perfectly with Pocket Mirror!
    Syncing software is now freely available - if you have previously purchased.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...a.pocketmirror
    Last edited by Paulscarbs; 10/01/2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Syncing software is now freely available - if you have previously purchased.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...a.pocketmirror
    Err, just checked and it is the trial version (7 days) that is freely available for existing customers to re-install.
    Not much good if you are not an existing customer.
    Last edited by andyhurley; 10/02/2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, if you are prepared to use google calendar/contacts then you can do it easily. WebOS syncs with google without any extras and there are lots of options for syncing outlook to google, some free and some cost a little. You end up with 3 way syncing with a backup of everything in the cloud (google in this case).

I've been doing this for over 2 years without any problems using gsyncit on the PC but I did pay for the premium version so that it does calendar AND contacts. I would rather do things this way than have my only backup on my laptop and have to run the sync process manually. The Pre(3) syncs continuously so I know I always have the cloud backup and outlook syncs every time I fire it up.
    This is exactly what I have been doing since I got my original Pre and continues to work fine on my Pre3.

I would add that this does not sync emails but if you use IMAP for both Pre3 and Outlook you will get the mails in sync which is what I do. This means I can be deleting dross through the day as emails arrive and not have to deal with them again when I get home.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12