Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
  1.    #1  
    I am sick and tired of waiting around for HP to announce Pre 3 US carriers. There aren't going to be any, just like there aren't going to be any in EU. Just kill the damn thing already so we can just move on to something else.

Flame away...
    GeorgesBlazah likes this.
    I agree, the " PRE " name is killing the carrier's wanting to deal with Hp, just change the damn name and see what happens. Webos rocks as a os but they need it on something other than Pre.
    SmartFah and milominderbinde like this.
    Shouldn't the next one be called the "Post" (or maybe the "Present").

Better yet, the HP "Future" because WebOS' future is depending on it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I Also think they should get rid of the pre name. I also think they should do a slab phone everyone is going to them it might be a good idea for HP to do at least one before the end of the year.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    been looking forward to the Pre 3 for awhile, however the market segment that would jump on a highly-spec'd webOS slab phone is far greater than the core of webOS users looking for another vertical slider. so, if the Pre 3 happens to come out as a good deal on AT&T (my carrier) i would probably budge.. but I say killing the Pre 3 and jumping straight to a sexy slab would be the best course of action.
    joseph942 and milominderbinde like this.
    Bring on the HP MΞCHANIC.
    I think they should have SOMETHING available by Black Friday/Christmas. I would love for that to be a Pre3+ with upgraded specs, but i doubt that will ever happen.

They also need to come BIG at CES with a slab phone that at least equals the Galaxy SII and will be available within 2 months MAX. The HP Future has a nice ring to it actually, but with a name like that, the specs have to be amazing.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Its a little to late to do the right thing now. By that I mean its to late to ditch the Pre 3. Since the phones are shipping in Europe It's safe to assume they had a production run. Assuming the Pre 3 is a good phone the best thing to do now is promote and market the hell out of it to raise webOS awareness for whenever they do release the slab phone so many people want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    Just kill the damn thing already...
    Relax, HP is doing everything in their power to do this (or maybe it should be they are doing nothing and that is doing a fine job of killing the Pre 3).
    chalx and milominderbinde like this.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    been looking forward to the Pre 3 for awhile, however the market segment that would jump on a highly-spec'd webOS slab phone is far greater than the core of webOS users looking for another vertical slider. so, if the Pre 3 happens to come out as a good deal on AT&T (my carrier) i would probably budge.. but I say killing the Pre 3 and jumping straight to a sexy slab would be the best course of action.
    Or they could just release both.

And other models. All sorts of specced out phones.

The veer is a pretty weak showing.
    I agree! With all the new dual core 1.5ghz 4G phones coming out in the fall,the pre3 is already super dated...
    plus true HD screens...
    people like to entering a market with force, HP, on the other hand, like to enter the market without being noticed.

This is just plain sad, pre3 is obviously really to launch, then why not launch it? Stop the tard argument of "every 2 months", HP needs to enter the market with force, not streaming into it and getting drowned every turn.

This is just unfortunate, if you don't want to do a phone, release webOS to HTC or samsung, I don't want you to kill webOS phone eventually.
    google search "HTC 1.5ghz dual core" or samsung 1.5ghz dual core. Plus they have either true HD screens (720p) or 960somethingxsomething. Pre3 is DEAD.
    I find all this to be rather funny. To establish my ground here, I'm still on WebOS. In fact I my phone is a pixi. If WebOS is still available I will continue to own one. My plans at this point are to leave sprint after 9 years when my contract is up so I can continue to have a WebOS phone. Basically I'm a die hard. I would love to see WebOS become popular. But I have to laugh because the people on this forum seem to be mad that HP hasn't worked magic and made that happen alredy. Here are some facts. HP is producing WebOS devices. They haven't changed the WebOS forumla. To me that is awsome. HP never claimed they were going to make WebOS their #1 priority. I don't know what their plan is or why or how nor do I care if they continue the WebOS line. We have a new phone, a tablet, and a better phone in EU now. Maybe they aren't spending a lot or money on advertising so they can put it in R&D to continue the push out a device every two months. Like I've asked before, how cool would WebOS be today if Apple or BB had bought it? What if no one had bought out Palm? If it's such a big deal go buy a Touchpad or a Veer or both and contribute to the profit so WebOS can flourish. Every person who owns a WebOS devices adds to it popularity.
    grappler and threed61#WN like this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    google search "HTC 1.5ghz dual core" or samsung 1.5ghz dual core. Plus they have either true HD screens (720p) or 960somethingxsomething. Pre3 is DEAD.
    you don't have to be the most powerful hardware out there to do well. For example the iPhone.
    HenryAlan likes this.
    you will be surprised when it comes out , no one really cares if any of you like it . there will be enough people out there that will love the pre3 for sure . just sayin lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    fxspec06 and spudland like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    you don't have to be the most powerful hardware out there to do well. For example the iPhone.
    True dat... And the Wii, when it first came out at least.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    By the time the Pre 3 drops its landing in a canyon of newly released blackberries, the GS2 phones arriving, and quickly followed up by the iphone 5 and nexus prime.

not good
    Yeah, besides the webOS faithful do we expect the Pre 3 to really be a hit? These super soft launches that HP is doing is not helping. They release the Pre 3, and now the 64GB TouchPad in Europe without any press releases? This is crazy, indeed it's time to move on.

I hope HP releases the TouchPad Go and a new slab phone this year, before the holidays. Waiting for CES in January is too late IMO. If they don't release something new this year, then 2011 will be a complete flop.

I love webOS, but it's getting harder for me to stay optimistic about the platform. I never thought I'd find something harder to cheer for than the Mets, but I think I found it. Man is it hard being a webOS fan
    WebOSMember and chalx like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast