Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
    Ya but at this point, HP would be foolish to try a hard launch on such a dated device. I'll still be getting the Pre3 wherever it lands in the US but it almost certainly has to be a soft launch, otherwise it will just get bad press.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    word of mouth is the only thing that can help the pre3 and if they tried a hard launch, with all the negative press, word of mouth would be squashed.
    I don't agree with the OP. At&t (and probably vzw) will have it, and I'm gonna buy one when they do!
    the device isnt dated at all sir . it may be dated to tech freaks but to the multitude of people out there its still very much in the game . i dont know where peeps get their info from or why they think that just because there is 1 or 2 phones with a little bit better processors or faster that everyone in the world is gonna think the same as they do about things, and not get one because its not as good as this phone or that phone ?? there are still more dunb phone toting peeps out there than there are smartphone or even feature phone . what gives .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    fxspec06 and spudland like this.
    I just picked the TP during the staples sale and am now a huge fan of webOS! I'm hooked on how slick it is and would love to drop my android i1 for a pre3. Couple things tho...I'm a bit underwhelmed at how hp is running as a company and really doubt it's future (not weOS, it rocks and will survive). My other gripe is that I'm anti-AT&T and Verizon for the duoply they are trying to create. I have a choice of two pos companies for broadband which drives me nuts and I will soon have a choice of two for cell. Dagnabit!
    It doesn't look very good right now. If HP couldn't get any European carriers to pick up this device and (according to the article on the homepage) most carriers are purging their stock of WebOS devices, I'm not sure what would convince any U.S. carriers to pick up the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    word of mouth is the only thing that can help the pre3 and if they tried a hard launch, with all the negative press, word of mouth would be squashed.
    I agree for the most part. Advertising WebOS is a waste of money. But the only bad press I have seen is about how HP hasn't released the pre3 yet and how the veer isn't a power house because it was built to be tiny. As far as word of mouth...well if you read the posts on this site you would never buy a WebOS device because of all the complaining.
    Last edited by Xethur; 08/17/2011 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is just plain sad, pre3 is obviously really to launch, then why not launch it? Stop the tard argument of "every 2 months", HP needs to enter the market with force, not streaming into it and getting drowned every turn.
    Can't launch it in US really if don't have a carrier, and I suspect that might be the case. US does not go for unsubsidised phones.
    HP didnt get to be where they are by not knowing something about business , lets let them do what they do and wait and see . because if people in these forums knew anything about anything , i would assume they would be running HP right now . lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Xethur likes this.
    HP already has at least 2 carrier networks that the pre is being released on and we have heard that it still could be released on sprint (that would be a miracle i know) so what if everyone does not like att or Verizon . they will do well im sure .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you will be surprised when it comes out , no one really cares if any of you like it . there will be enough people out there that will love the pre3 for sure . just sayin lol
    no one really cares what you have to say shadavis. you are but one in a crowd of men, on a planet filled with many crowds in a sea of cities.

but i care.

fight the resistance! long live the pre 3!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Skyflyer likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Can't launch it in US really if don't have a carrier, and I suspect that might be the case. US does not go for unsubsidised phones.
    that is exactly what I do now. Buy a phone and then shop for whatever carrier gives me the best package. Power to the people! Currently on boost mobile (sprint) with shrinkage paying $40/ month unlimited everything. I can now link to vonage and call anywhere in world for free!
    the device isnt dated at all sir . it may be dated to tech freaks but to the multitude of people out there its still very much in the game . i dont know where peeps get their info from or why they think that just because there is 1 or 2 phones with a little bit better processors or faster that everyone in the world is gonna think the same as they do about things, and not get one because its not as good as this phone or that phone ?? there are still more dunb phone toting peeps out there than there are smartphone or even feature phone . what gives .
    Damn dude, I don't know where you get the patience to type all that out. Maybe it's because I get stressed at the end of the day, but all I feel like doing sometimes is mashing my keyboard and throwing it against a wall. Big props for that.

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Skyflyer likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    I am sick and tired of waiting around for HP to announce Pre 3 US carriers. There aren't going to be any, just like there aren't going to be any in EU. Just kill the damn thing already so we can just move on to something else.

Flame away...
    It'll be on all 3 major carriers by the middle of September and you can just sit and wait for whatever next great Android or Apple device is going to launch....I won't....I'm buying one! You can put all the processor speed you want behind Android or IOS, but it's still Android and IOS. No thank you!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Let me put it a diferent way: What will date it is the press. The press will say its too little, too late, in a sea of phones with better screens, processors, cameras, more RAM, more memory, expandable memory etc. and the people HP is trying to tap are the people who still aren't using smartphones. They're the ones using dumb phones ad feature phones and they're exactly the people who will be listening to the press. This is what makes the Pre3 dated (in mindshare). It doesn't matter what we all think (and know) is great about the Pre3, it means nothing in the market HP is shooting for. Less you forget, we are no longer a part of that market, as they forsake us long ago.
    lol, FORRRSAAAAAAKENNZZZZ
    Why do we think featurephone users will even consider upgrading to the Pre 3?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I want a Pre 3 on Verizon, like a crack head needs crack!

With patching, homebrew, this community, and the innovation of gestures and wireless charging, etc.... How can you not love the Pre/WebOS?

I think it is the other OS's that are trying to catch WebOS, (and they are getting away with it, cause the masses don't know of WebOS) not the other way around. The biggest problem with WebOS is not enough people know about it and its abilities. If HP can make more people know what we know, it would sell like crazy! Apple lovers get iEverything because people oooww and ahhh over their new toy. I played with my friends iPad for 8 hours. It couldn't even render most web sites right (no flash). His answer to that problem, "oh, I don't go to pages with flash so it doesn't bother me" REALLY I find that hard to believe. And if Apple released the iLint tomorrow he'd buy it!

All technology goes through the something. Buy a PC, a faster one will be out tomorrow. Doesn't mean the one you have is garbage!
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    It'll be on all 3 major carriers by the middle of September
    Boy, I wish there was a betting line for that in Las Vegas. Of course I would have to wager $100 to win a quarter on those odds.
    GeorgesBlazah likes this.
    HP didnt get to be where they are by not knowing something about business , lets let them do what they do and wait and see . because if people in these forums knew anything about anything , i would assume they would be running HP right now . lol
    and who gets to say every business are the same? doing okay in pc necessarily mean doing okay in tablet?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast