Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    haven't even got my pre 3 yet and I'm wondering how fast it could be made go! I'm sure its fast enough as it is but that's not the point I want to do it simply because I can
    I agree that it is probably fast enough. What would a 2GHz phone look like? lol
    why would you wanna have 2.0ghz when the phone is already 1.4GHZ?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    that would be so awesome!
    I was thinking... Webos internal managed to double the speed of my pre- how about the Pre 3 being clocked at 2.8ghz! Loool
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    @rigo0523 why not
    lol I mean for what if 1.4ghz should be enough to make it fast?
    And now for a timely commercial:

As you are aware, the OC kernels have been developed by homebrew developers. To ensure that homebrew developers get access to devices as soon as possible, the 2011 webOS Internals Web-a-thon has begun:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3070295

Now, back to your OC discussion....
    jkreisberg22 likes this.
    They can't develop kernels without the Pre 3 itself and source code. They have neither. Donate to raise money to get them a Pre 3, and hopefully Palm will release source code.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    sturgie likes this.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    any news on a overclock kernel for pre 3 yet?
    My guess is they're working on it.
    1.7Ghz should be great .. 2Ghz? too risky
    This CPU is rated at 1.5 ghz, so, the Pre 3 is underclocked by 1 Ghz at 1.4.

Govnah installation should alleviate any TMC issues but, I think it is quite possible that the WebOSInternal staff will likely create various kernals for the device, once they get a hold of a few to work with.

I believe an OC of 20 - 40% would be the range they'd be looking at. Its not that the 1.4 ghz is slow, but, perhaps there would be benefits in certain applications or situations where the OC would really be a benefit.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I think they will do same as touchpad 1.9ghz anymore you will able to fry a egg on the touchstone back cover.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    my veer oc to 1.2ghz, My touchpad Oc to 1.9ghz, My pre 3 waiting.................
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I agree that it is probably fast enough. What would a 2GHz phone look like? lol
    Probably like this:

That's one sexy looking phone, or at least it was until it hit 2 GHz.
    Rather than give money to the cause of buying more devices, could one not simply sell a device at a discount to whoever is buying dev devices?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My Pre3 at normal clock is wonderfully fast. I thought I read elsewhere that some of the tweaks in the kernel can help to improve battery life. That's something I'm more interested in. The Pre3 @ 1.4GHz is plenty for me but if I could keep the performance and stretch out the battery life with a little voltage tweaking that would be amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by seretogis View Post
    Rather than give money to the cause of buying more devices, could one not simply sell a device at a discount to whoever is buying dev devices?
    We raised quite a bit of money for WebOSInsternals a few weeks ago, and with the price drop of Pre 3's on eBay (several under $300), I think its very likely that by now they have a few to work with.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    This CPU is rated at 1.5 ghz, so, the Pre 3 is underclocked by 1 Ghz at 1.4.

Govnah installation should alleviate any TMC issues but, I think it is quite possible that the WebOSInternal staff will likely create various kernals for the device, once they get a hold of a few to work with.

I believe an OC of 20 - 40% would be the range they'd be looking at. Its not that the 1.4 ghz is slow, but, perhaps there would be benefits in certain applications or situations where the OC would really be a benefit.
    so just to make this clear, govnah WONT work on the pre 3 though right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast