Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by h11wiscan View Post
    so just to make this clear, govnah WONT work on the pre 3 though right?
    Hi;

No, exactly the oppposite... Govnah is working fine on the Pre 3, and, for those of you who find do some Pre 3 lag at times, it might be because of the the default min/max speed settings.

You can go into Govnah, click on the profile, go into advanced settings and increase the min speed from the default 146 mhz to something higher - I set mine to 746 - that's about 50% of the max level, and so far, no battery hit, but, Ive only had to phone a day or so. (When I reset the phone, though, those settings do go away, and I have to go back in and redo it - no problem with this while I wait for Uberkernal, which should have varius WebOSinternal-tested optimized settings that Govnah should remember, even on reset, they do on other devices.)

There is no Uberkernal yet, but there is a placeholder for it that you can download, so that when a Pre 3 Uberkernal is ready, the device will somehow be notified of it, so you can fetch it from Preware or install it through WebOS QuickInstall.

A benefit of Govnah is that it supposed to eliminate the TMC, if I remember Rod's post correctly (Rod, please feel free to correct me if Im wrong about this) - I will test that later on today by loading it up with 20 cards and see if I can force a TMC or not and post back here for you.
    Last edited by LCGuy; 10/01/2011 at 06:46 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    There is no Uberkernal yet, but there is a placeholder for it that you can download, so that when a Pre 3 Uberkernal is ready, the device will somehow be notified of it, so you can fetch it from Preware or install it through WebOS QuickInstall.

A benefit of Govnah is that it supposed to eliminate the TMC, if I remember Rod's post correctly (Rod, please feel free to correct me if Im wrong about this) - I will test that later on today by loading it up with 20 cards and see if I can force a TMC or not and post back here for you.
    There is an Uberkernel for the Pre3, has been for a while now. Although, it may be only in the beta feeds.

Also, it is Uberkernel and not Govnah, that resolves the TMC erors.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    There is an Uberkernel for the Pre3, has been for a while now. Although, it may be only in the beta feeds.

Also, it is Uberkernel and not Govnah, that resolves the TMC erors.
    Yes, you are correct on both accounts.. it is in the beta feeds (the Preware placeholder is for when they turn it loose), and, thanks for clarifying that its Uberkernal that takes care of the TMC.. I knew it was one of the two, but I couldnt find the post.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Does the Uberkernel overclock as well?
    No it does not. Not on the Pre3 kernel.
    thanks
    Last edited by Vociferous; 10/01/2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    just bumping this thread... Is there an OC kernel in the test feeds?
    yes there is a kernel in the alpha feeds by unipsyco 1.9ghz
    its the A1 skyraider kernel for pre3
    Yes, tested all the day up to 1.9 GHz, but my pre gets to hot, 1.7 works very good and is really fast ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    can anyone please do a youtube comparison? Great job unix!
    1.9 runs really nice. My phone was a pain to use at 1.4ghz. Lots of hangs and freezes.
    Funny, my Pre 3 is fast and responsive and after 1 month of use I've had no freeze ups or reboots running the stock kernel. My battery life on my Pre 3 has been really good so far so I would hesitate bumping up the processor clock.
    What's great about these custom kernels that webos internals and unix put out is you can manually lower and tune the voltages to improve battery life. Overclocking is great and all, but this is the true benefit, imo.

For example, i was able to run 1.2ghz on my Pre2 at the same voltage the Pre2 runs at 1ghz stock. Now that I have a Pre3, I'm working at finding it's sweet-spot too.

It's good stuff and I'm very thankful to webos internals for making it possible.
    Last edited by Nightburn; 11/06/2011 at 05:04 PM.
    I agree somewhat with what you are saying because that was the case with my Sprint Pre, enhanced performance and better battery life. Why I hesitate on my Pre 3 is twice I've installed the Uberkernel on it and at idle my battery consumption jumped from 1% to 6% per hour no matter what setting I used. Other people in here have reported in with better battery life on their Pre 3s with the Uberkernel installed but for some reason it doesn't like mine, lol. Don't get me wrong, I am a big supporter (donations)/believer in WebOS Internals and the Homebrew Community and am thankful for all their contributions to webOS and will continue to support them in the the future. I think what I meant was while my Sprint Pre was broke and needed fixing, so far I am impressed with my Pre 3 performance but then again, if an overclocking kernel is released I will surely try it
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    yes there is a kernel in the alpha feeds by unipsyco 1.9ghz
    Great news! Any word on a stable release?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Great news! Any word on a stable release?
    when they're satisfied with the settings and stability, the higher clock speeds will be added to the UberKernel. I'd give it a few weeks, maybe a month.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    First couple of days using the OC'd at 1.9 and it seems pretty stable for me...
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    A version of Uberkernel which supports 1.9Ghz on the Pre3 is now in the beta feeds.

Based on the code from the A1 and A4 kernels.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12