Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
Like Tree2Likes
  1. dermike's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi everyone!

    I'm getting my Pre3 from the UK tomorrow.. I myself live in Sweden, and just saw some comments in other threads about Impostah not working on Pre3?
    It's crucial for me to get paid apps to work.. should I wait until it works.. is there something I can do to help?

    cheers

    Mike
    minority likes this.
  2. LevSer's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dermike View Post
    I'm getting my Pre3 from the UK tomorrow.. I myself live in Sweden, and just saw some comments in other threads about Impostah not working on Pre3?
    It's crucial for me to get paid apps to work.. should I wait until it works.. is there something I can do to help?
    +1
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dermike View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I'm getting my Pre3 from the UK tomorrow.. I myself live in Sweden, and just saw some comments in other threads about Impostah not working on Pre3?
    It's crucial for me to get paid apps to work.. should I wait until it works.. is there something I can do to help?

    cheers

    Mike
    You mean like this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3070790?

    (click on link)

    Apparently it should work, like on the Pre 2?
  4. HakanO's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #4  
    Getting mine on Friday or Monday
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  5. Palmpeter's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dermike View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I'm getting my Pre3 from the UK tomorrow.. I myself live in Sweden, and just saw some comments in other threads about Impostah not working on Pre3?
    It's crucial for me to get paid apps to work.. should I wait until it works.. is there something I can do to help?

    cheers

    Mike
    Can you please tell me/us how it went for you. I also live in sweden and will get mine 23/8. Or just pm me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmpeter View Post
    Can you please tell me/us how it went for you. I also live in sweden and will get mine 23/8. Or just pm me.
    Works fine. Check the thread in webos internals called... Uh.. The one covering impostah device activation for the Pre 2. You'll need Impostah 0.9.12 from the testing feed.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmpeter View Post
    Can you please tell me/us how it went for you. I also live in sweden and will get mine 23/8. Or just pm me.
    I used Impostah 0.9.12 from the testing feeds. And it worked! I activated according to instructions from the Netherlands, choosing the UK catalogue and my Dutch Credit Card.

    Works like a charm.
  8. HakanO's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #8  
    What countries are CC accepted from for the UK kata og?


    ---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (Sorry - waiting for TouchPad with 3G....hmm...guess NOT!)

    ---------------------------------------
    Unlocked German O2 Pre- with 2.1.0 and UberKernal
    Bought and activated in Germany by the O2 store
    Manually entered CarrierNetworkSettings for 3 Sweden carrier in 2.1.0 phone preferences (finally working in 2.1.0)
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com

    WebOS news from http://webosblog.eu - http://precentral.net - http://webos-blog.de
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    What countries are CC accepted from for the UK kata og?

    Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom. (They're listed at least).

    And I can't get my Danish credit card to work! Saw you were in Sweden and thought I'd ask you how you planned on buying apps.. but I can see in your signature you used something called wirecard.com... gonna check that out now.
  10. HakanO's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #10  
    I know wirecard works with the German app catalog - not sure about the UK


    ---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (Sorry - waiting for TouchPad with 3G....hmm...guess NOT!)

    ---------------------------------------
    Unlocked German O2 Pre- with 2.1.0 and UberKernal
    Bought and activated in Germany by the O2 store
    Manually entered CarrierNetworkSettings for 3 Sweden carrier in 2.1.0 phone preferences (finally working in 2.1.0)
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com

    WebOS news from http://webosblog.eu - http://precentral.net - http://webos-blog.de
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    I know wirecard works with the German app catalog - not sure about the UK

    We'll see how it goes. I thought I could top-up the wirecard with another credit card, but nay... I have to make a bank transfer. Monday... I'll know if it works.
  12. #12  
    hmm.. a noob question:

    Following the thread, Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2 devices (using Impostah), in step 6, how do I install preware using only wifi?

    Thanks in advance.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    hmm.. a noob question:

    Following the thread, Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2 devices (using Impostah), in step 6, how do I install preware using only wifi?

    Thanks in advance.
    Enable Developer mode -> install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
  14. Palmpeter's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #14  
    I was a little unclear. My wondering is about the credit card, I live in Sweden and is about to try USunlocked but how did you do and wich country did you register in? UK? US?
  15. #15  
    Thank you kiukiukiu. So it would b like installing like normal?
    I'm confuse because the instruction said should not connect pre to computer? use only wifi? Never tried installing preware with wifi b4. Thanks a lot.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmpeter View Post
    I was a little unclear. My wondering is about the credit card, I live in Sweden and is about to try USunlocked but how did you do and wich country did you register in? UK? US?
    I activated in Hong Kong. Set UK AppCat in Impostah. I got a UK CC
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Thank you kiukiukiu. So it would b like installing like normal?
    I'm confuse because the instruction said should not connect pre to computer? use only wifi? Never tried installing preware with wifi b4. Thanks a lot.
    My steps:
    1. Enable Dev mode
    2. Install Preware by WebOS Quick Install
    3. Disconnect from computer, wifi connected
    4. Add testing feeds of webosinternals
    5. Install Impostah 0.9.12
    6. Activate using Impostah
  18. #18  
    Thanks again. Very much appreciated. Now I should wait for my Pre 3 to arrive on monday!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    My steps:
    1. Enable Dev mode
    2. Install Preware by WebOS Quick Install
    3. Disconnect from computer, wifi connected
    4. Add testing feeds of webosinternals
    5. Install Impostah 0.9.12
    6. Activate using Impostah
    It's what comes after "Install Impostah 0.9.12" to achieve "Activate using Impostah" part, that could do with a more detailed explanation. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It's what comes after "Install Impostah 0.9.12" to achieve "Activate using Impostah" part, that could do with a more detailed explanation. Thanks.
    That is stated here quite well by Rod himself, which is the path I followed.

    And please, as stated before in several posts: pay attention to the combination of official countries and their accepted Credit Cards, and pick a combination which you can get a credit card for.

    I chose the UK catalogue, since I have a Dutch Credit card. And I chose to make new profile, so I (or my family) can use both my old pre- and my pre3 at the same time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions