Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Finally did it for my Pre3 in Malaysia! Thank you all guys!
    I created a new profile for 1st activation with Impotash and I can c tht i have US app cat. Now tht I've logged in with my original palm profile n now my app cat goes back to Germany app cat.

Does tht mean I have to get a Germany CC to buy app?
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    I created a new profile for 1st activation with Impotash and I can c tht i have US app cat. Now tht I've logged in with my original palm profile n now my app cat goes back to Germany app cat.

Does tht mean I have to get a Germany CC to buy app?
    As far as i understand, Yes im afraid it does
    If I activated my pre3 for US appcat, can I use this palm account on my touchpad activated in an unsupported country? will I still get the same US app catalog o my touchpad?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Finally did it for my Pre3 in Malaysia! Thank you all guys!
    Where did you get your Pre3 in Malaysia?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSynch View Post
    Where did you get your Pre3 in Malaysia?
    Bought it from Handtec UK online store.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles1128 View Post
    If I activated my pre3 for US appcat, can I use this palm account on my touchpad activated in an unsupported country? will I still get the same US app catalog o my touchpad?
    Yes. Once you have access to a particular 'app catalog', then you have access to it regardless of where you use the phone after that. 'App catalog' eligibility and access is determined only once and is then permanently tied to the phone.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Yes. Once you have access to a particular 'app catalog', then you have access to it regardless of where you use the phone after that. 'App catalog' eligibility and access is determined only once and is then permanently tied to the phone.
    When I use impostah to set the US App Catalog, can I use my existing account that is already tied to another country or create a new account?
    When I use impostah to set the US App Catalog, can I use my existing account that is already tied to another country or create a new account?
    Not too sure about this. Although I think it should still work, but I do not want to end up misleading you. Hopefully someone else with more insight will answer this for you.

thanks anyway
    In my case, I activate with a new palm profile and got a US app cat access. I then erase the Pre3, login with my old profile and I get back my German app cat access.
    In my case, I activate with a new palm profile and got a US app cat access. I then erase the Pre3, login with my old profile and I get back my German app cat access.
    Did you try to login with your new palm profile again? is it back to US app cat?
    Did you try to login with your new palm profile again? is it back to US app cat?
    I suppose it would. But I dun want to sit down n redo all my settings n link the contact list again!

Anybody knows Germany has any virtual credit card? Cant read German.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi! Maybe I will ask some stupid question but I need some help.

I have activated my pre 3 in italy with an italian sim and I can't see anything in the app catalogo.

now I have installed preware and impostah from the testing feeds, I have version 0.9.12.

How can I change the app catalog to USA? I have created a new profile with activation catalaog on usa and english, but nothing happens. if I check "app catalog" I still see "IT"on check access country.

can you please provide a short guide on how to switch to a different country.
    thank you very much.
    activation is one shot as well as the determination of your app catalog access, I'm afraid that there is no way that you can switch to us app catalog now. There is a guide on global paid app catalog using impostah.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I hate this phone! :-) everything's so complicated! not for the phone itself but for the stupid minds of people at hp!!!

thank you for you kind info, charles.
    Quote Originally Posted by viskas View Post
    I hate this phone! :-) everything's so complicated! not for the phone itself but for the stupid minds of people at hp!!!

thank you for you kind info, charles.
    Viskas,

I read in another thread that you MIGHT be able to undo this app catalog problem by reactivating with a NEW Palm Profile. Worth giving it a try.

I've copied what I saw from this thread "Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah)" Page 8

Good Luck

"I bought a Pre 2 some weeks ago from ebay.
    Only two days ago I noticed, that I wasn't able to buy apps, because I had the US app catalog. In the palm profile there was shown "Pre 2 O2 Germany." I updated my profile from a Pre- .

So I tried to switch to a new profile with Impostah, selecting the german catalog.

Catalog switching worked with switching to a new profile!

Now I have access to the german catalog and can buy with my german credit card.

I switched back to the old profile, also selecting German. Back in the old profile I had the US catalog again."
    I didn't know about these restrictions when I bought my device so I accidentaly locked myself out of paid app access.

Tried a full erase with WebOS Doctor and followed the guide afterwards (activated a new account using Impostah) but still no paid app access. Anyone got any idea if it's even possible after you've activated your device once?
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBroddin View Post
    I didn't know about these restrictions when I bought my device so I accidentaly locked myself out of paid app access.

Tried a full erase with WebOS Doctor and followed the guide afterwards (activated a new account using Impostah) but still no paid app access. Anyone got any idea if it's even possible after you've activated your device once?
    I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately 'app catalog' access is determined once and only once at the time of first activation. The app catalog access is linked permanently and irreversibly to the device.

Some people have reported success by choosing another country on the TouchPad with their profile, and the logging back into that same profile again on the phone.

I have not verified this myself, so cannot vouch for it, but if you've already lost your only chance at activating the phone using Impostah then it's worth a try since you have nothing to lose.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast