Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
       #1  
    http://m.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/tech-tech...fare-10024143/

    I know that the appearance of a support page lead people to conclude that they would be carrying it. So it looks like the carphone warehouse is the only current highstreet retailer.

    Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    Mobile operators say no to hp pre 3- The Inquirer

    These guys have had replies from Orange, Three, Vodafone and O2.

    None are stocking the pre3 for now.
  3. #3  
    So do we know of any carrier who will have the Pre3?
  4. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    So do we know of any carrier who will have the Pre3?
    Well, that leaves T-mobile to confirm or deny and that's it from the 'real' carriers.

    Just to repeat something I mentioned on another thread - I went into carphone warehouse and had a look at their tarriffs and I think based on the conversation I had, the best deal is to buy the phone Sim free from HP and then pair it with a sim only contract (for example, Three's £10 sim only contract gives a 1GB of data or if people want PAYG giff-gaffs sim).
    Last edited by CGK; 08/17/2011 at 12:18 PM.
  5. #5  
    Well as CGK says, you can get in on contract with Three or Orange via the carphone warehouse (CPWH) or mobiles.co.uk. I think that someone saw Vodafone being offered somewhere, but thats different from being supplied at carrier stores.

    CPWH will supply the phone but you cannot expect any support from the carrier. It also means that if you upgrade through your carrier, you won't be able to get a pre.
  6. #6  
    I have two questions to ask for opinions on!

    1. Does the lack of carrier interest mean, this will affect the Pre 3 app market?

    2. I am currently with UK Vodafone and they have offered me a free upgrade today.. Since they don't have the Pre 3, would it be best to buy online and negotiate a 12 month SIM only contract or get a free phone upgrade, lock in for another 24 months, but sell the phone and buy the Pre3 online?

    btw.. what would be the best phone to get as a free upgrade that I could realize the most money from?

    Thanks for any input.

    EN4
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    I have two questions to ask for opinions on!

    1. Does the lack of carrier interest mean, this will affect the Pre 3 app market?

    2. I am currently with UK Vodafone and they have offered me a free upgrade today.. Since they don't have the Pre 3, would it be best to buy online and negotiate a 12 month SIM only contract or get a free phone upgrade, lock in for another 24 months, but sell the phone and buy the Pre3 online?

    btw.. what would be the best phone to get as a free upgrade that I could realize the most money from?

    Thanks for any input.

    EN4
    1. Almost certainly in my view. Yes, enthusiastic WebOS developers were going to write apps whatever, but mainstream games, utilities will look at the market share before writing apps. The lack of carriers will certainly have a negative impact on market share.

    2. My personal view would be to go SIM only. I find this move to 24 months in recent years is too long. I also think the resale for your contract phone won't be good value compared with SIM only, but dunno, have a go at the calcs yourself.
  8. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
       #8  
    I think it will have the most impact on UK-specific applications (which is another big part of app markets, regional apps such as train trackers, supermarket apps etc).

    It's up to you if you want to use your vodafone upgrade (a network I don't know a lot about).

    Before you decide anything - look at your bills and see how many minutes and text and data you have been using. Three offer a £10 sim only contract that offers 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1GB - would that be enough for you - if you get the sim via a site like topcashback, you can get an £80 back, bring the price down significantly.
  9. #9  
    at the moment, this all seems so Pre2... :-/
  10. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #10  
    Only through CPWH in the UK.
    Voda, Orange & T-Mobile all offer contract from £30 pm for 24 months.
    CPWH is also selling SIM free for £380.
  11. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Only through CPWH in the UK.
    Voda, Orange & T-Mobile all offer contract from £30 pm for 24 months.
    CPWH is also selling SIM free for £380.
    £30 a month for 24 months for a phone that is available for £300 is crazy over the top.
  12. #12  
    i won't buy any contract which is more than 12 months. Period
  13. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #13  
    The best is buy SIM-free & opt for rolling monthly contract.

Posting Permissions