Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mize
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Can anyone who has received a Pre 3 please comment on the battery life?

I have spoken to many Pre owners who loved webOS but left due to the battery life. I've had endless problems with the Pre 2 battery life myself.

At the price they're selling the Pre 3, this could be a great purchase, but I'm sure many people require the phone to get from being taken of the touchstone in the morning until they go to bed at night and can charge again, even if it means turning everything off except the phone signal and not touching it all day...

The big question is: Can the Pre 3 do this?
    Only a few (if that) people have a Pre 3. You'll probably have to ask again when more people own one.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I thought I'd get the question in early, as I'm currently fighting a battle to get a replacement Pre 2 (mine won't sleep) and I'd like to know the situation with the Pre 3 in case it's worth just giving up on the Pre 2 and jumping onto the Pre 3...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    And a bit longer than just one day
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Yeah, if they can answer that question already then the answer isn't good!
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    spud101 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    I thought I'd get the question in early, as I'm currently fighting a battle to get a replacement Pre 2 (mine won't sleep) and I'd like to know the situation with the Pre 3 in case it's worth just giving up on the Pre 2 and jumping onto the Pre 3...
    What do you mean it wont sleep? From what I hear, the Pre 2 is a great phone. I would get one but I'm waiting for the Pre 3. I still have the Pre Plus.
    i'm sorry but if you haven't had you battery last a whole day with only phone enabled you either got a faulty unit or live in an area with very weak cell signal so the phone is constantly searching for it.

my pre plus could probably last 4-5 days (haven't tested) if don't touch it. I lose between 3-5% of battery every night (8 hours) and that is overclocked with home wifi connected.

Interesting fact - wifi battery drain depends on the router - i lose 3 to 5 %on my new tp-link, whereas i get complete phone drainage if left at my parents place where i have put my old netgear one.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    With the Pre 2 not sleeping, see this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tery-life.html

Ignore the standard comments regarding turning off GPS and turning down screen brightness etc. Comments from somline on the issue have been very interesting. The issue is not that the standard Pre 2 battery life is poor (a working device is actually very good), it is that some phones won't drop into the low power state and hence the battery lasts about 7 hours in airplane mode with the screen off... Trying to prove that there is a problem to support is turning into a bit of a challenge!!

Back to the topic, it took me only a couple of hours each time I received my Pre 2 back from repair to see that the battery life was still awful, so I think within 24 hours of having a device it is possible to give an idea of the battery life.