Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    any low light and macro pics?
    I bought at to at the full price 399 gbp on 11 Aug and am that impressed by webOS that I am selling my GALAXY S2 and have ordered a Pre3 from box. I've tried iPhone 4 and android and so far find webOS the best user experience. I hope in the future these devices catch on because to be palm/HP webOS is that best mobile platform. I've had an iPad 1 and 2 and many android handsets and Apple and Samsung can keep their iOS and android. How's the battery on the Pre3?
    Titan078, Pilotovef and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Seriously? Why start that **** in this thread??
    I agree.. Be grateful for this phone or don't buy it.. Simple as that.. I mean would you rather have the Pre 3 or stuck with a Palm Treo Pro, that i owned, which has TONS of problems.. Not to mention the touch screen is pressure sensitive.. which sucks, for me. I would rather have the Pre 3 over that any day. i'm actually really happy looking forward to this device. I'm gonna wait 2 weeks after launch to see if any deals may be going on and then purchase and i'll be good. Don't complain, it could be worse.
    I have questions but only HP can answer...

US Availability?
    Price?
    Carriers?

That's all.

Fine I'll ask one... How's the call quality?

Everyone's asking, unless i missed this question, how's the apps running, smoothness, feel, camera, but.. it's a phone.. The quality of the person you're talking to is important.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Dear Red Mist, thanks from me also
    Is build quality strong enough to be comparable to the old Treos?
    One thing - is there doc editing as my wishful eyes saw in THAT french unboxing video, or viewing only?

Thank you very much again
    Can it make phone calls?

How is the call quality in regards to:
    1) picking up every single background sound?
    2) picking up wind noise?
    I see pandas.
    If you are using activesync for mail:

could you check whether the this version of WebOs also notifies the user of new mails in other folders then the inbox?

It seems that this only works for MS clients, but it would be cool if WebOs could do it now as well.
  8. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    How's the keyboard? Is it vastly better than the Pre1/2/Pixi's?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I have an HTC Arrive that has Bing Maps and it's the most amazing thing I've ever used in regards to maps on most devices. It's far superior to any Google Maps, even on my friend's Motorola Xoom.
    It doesn't support public transit directions, does it?
    lol jakeee is just in love just like me. I want it !!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1 View Post
    How's the keyboard? Is it vastly better than the Pre1/2/Pixi's?
    It has a similar rubbery feel to the Pre2, but the keys are bigger making it more accurate. It's the best keyboard I have used outside of a Blackberry, which just beats it.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    pgarcia likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    If you are using activesync for mail:

could you check whether the this version of WebOs also notifies the user of new mails in other folders then the inbox?

It seems that this only works for MS clients, but it would be cool if WebOs could do it now as well.
    Sorry, no activesync for me.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Can it make phone calls?

How is the call quality in regards to:
    1) picking up every single background sound?
    2) picking up wind noise?
    I make surprisingly few calls. I use it as an email/twitter/sms client more than anything. Next time I ring the wife I'll ask her for her impressions.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airotkiv View Post
    Dear Red Mist, thanks from me also
    Is build quality strong enough to be comparable to the old Treos?
    One thing - is there doc editing as my wishful eyes saw in THAT french unboxing video, or viewing only?

Thank you very much again
    I don't know about old Treos. Weren't they candy-bar style, without a slider?

The quality of the unit is comparable with the Pre2. The rubbery back also wraps around the front. The opening mechanism opens with a very satisfying SNAP!

The installed QuickOffice does not allow editing, just viewing. Does allow you to view files on box.net, dropbox, google docs, and (mobileme)?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    Everyone's asking, unless i missed this question, how's the apps running, smoothness, feel, camera, but.. it's a phone.. The quality of the person you're talking to is important.
    Apps run very smoothly. Not as smooth scrolling as an iPhone4, but the scrolling is smooth and fast, sometimes too fast

The camera is good, but it as very little customisation. It's quick and the touch to focus works REALLY well.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes, they were, i have mine dropped onto concrete several times (chipped the corners, never mind), cooked, bathed and it still lives.

Thank you for your answer - it made me sad because doc editing is a MUST for me, but it is not your fault. You are sweet to keep feeding us
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    mine arrived today! first impressions im very impressed!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Also are you able to do simultaneous bt pairing like the tp? I posted this quest in another thread:
    bluetooth pairing with headset and touchpad - if multiple pairings are possible, what happens when another bluetooth head set is paired with the touchpad also and a call comes in? Would you be able to give one of the headsets to someone else and do 3-way.
    OK, my Pre3 is currently paired with both my TouchPad for SMS and my Jabra headset for playing music, at the same time.
    I just sent an SMS from the touchpad, which appears to have been sent OK.

Not sure about multiple headsets though....
    Guys, This is not the thread for venting your frustration about HP. RedMist has been incredibly generous with his time to answer our questions about his new Pre 3.

<<thread cleaned>>
    preo650 and Rnp like this.
    Does the Pre 3 come with a touchstone back cover, that you can use with a touchstone out of the box?

Cheers

EN4
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast