Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by persim View Post
    Could you test the native playback of 2 video files I have. One of the main requirements I have is to playback recorded tv shows without the need to convert them. It would be greatly appreciated if you can see if they work.

Thank You very much.

Files are Test1.ts and Test2.ts
    File name: Test.zip File size: 33.7 MB
    The files are not seen by the Video player in the Pre3
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping I wouldn't have to switch to android but since this is a must requirement, looks like I have no choice.

Thanks very much for the assistance.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping I wouldn't have to switch to android but since this is a must requirement, looks like I have no choice.

I'm in a similar situation. Android recently got offline Google Maps and I'm here looking on enviously while webOS seems to be taking a step back with Bing Maps. The Bing Maps does look very nice though, I'll give HP that.
    Redmist, you are my particular hero and BTW the most helpful kid in the block.
    Thank you.
    IŽd like you to give us your impressions on the battery after a hard day with the Pre3.
    Thank you in advance. Enjoy your/our Pre3
    airotkiv and Vij like this.
    so was it worth the wait? is the phone living up to your expectations? is the front cam for video really that bad? any new apps pre loaded? hows the performance...speed wise, call quality....
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks for the videos and the updates Red.

I'd hoped HP would of reduced the boot up times but the phone looks pretty darn good none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    I'm in a similar situation. Android recently got offline Google Maps and I'm here looking on enviously while webOS seems to be taking a step back with Bing Maps. The Bing Maps does look very nice though, I'll give HP that.
    I have an HTC Arrive that has Bing Maps and it's the most amazing thing I've ever used in regards to maps on most devices. It's far superior to any Google Maps, even on my friend's Motorola Xoom.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.

Try mPlayer on Preware. It plays TS files
    cfbauer and heyguydaq like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Curious what a 720p video clip shot with the Pre3 looks like.. Taken any yet?
    +1 please post a youtube
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    does it support English? Being it's not in the USofA and no hint of it coming - just wondering if I need to learn Greek. :-)
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Can you read PDFs without the reader crashing?
    Is the pre3 significantly faster than an overclocked pre-/+ or pre2?

BTW can it still slice cheese?
    Not easy to answer, but once more people get their pre3s it would be interesting to know how integrated skype is into webos. Would be as simple as extracting the skype .ipk to install it on veers ???
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    Not easy to answer, but once more people get their pre3s it would be interesting to know how integrated skype is into webos. Would be as simple as extracting the skype .ipk to install it on veers ???
    There is no Skype icon, its called direct from the normal dialler as far as I can see.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    airotkiv likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Is the pre3 significantly faster than an overclocked pre-/+ or pre2?

BTW can it still slice cheese?
    Cant answer really, except to say its blazing fast. Still takes time loading apps though,

Just sayin' it's an HP Pre 3 :P
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Can you read PDFs without the reader crashing?
    I tried one, 300k, and it worked fine. If you have one that crashes a an older pre, I'll test it.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    so was it worth the wait? is the phone living up to your expectations? is the front cam for video really that bad? any new apps pre loaded? hows the performance...speed wise, call quality....
    The phone is exactly what ive been waiting for since February. No really surprises, except its very tactile. I just want to pick it up and play with it all the time.

I'm sure the front cam will be fine for taking self portraits. Ive only seen it over Skype when it matched the picture coming from an iphone.

airotkiv likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Cant answer really, except to say its blazing fast. Still takes time loading apps though,

If it can slice your finger, it should be able to slice cheese. Give it a try.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast