Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Ive only tried Skype on WiFi

I dont have a live account to check sorry.

I'll check bluetooth pairing tomorrow. Headphones are in work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    BTW, I will answer all the questions eventually. Some are tricky to answer, like waiting until I need to send an SMS.. or waiting until I'm near the right hardware, or until the kids go to bed!!
    nyquistjack and heyguydaq like this.
    I have two questions.

1. Is TTS between TouchPad & Pre3 only works for URL? how about transfer files, photos, etc? can TTS do that?
    2. when Pre3 connect to Touchpad, we can receive & send sms or even make/receive call using Touchpad, right? but how about data connection? do we need to close the pairing condition & turn on the mobile hotspot on pre3 to make Touchpad can do connect internet, or we just can do connect internet by only pairing via bluetooth?

Thanks in advance!
    I have 1 question... How is the picture quality in the dark where flash is used? Does it still have that orangish yellow tint like pics using the Pre (-, +, 2)???

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My question is very simple.

Does Angry Birds Rio have the latest UPDATES??? You know - the ones that original Pre owners like myself STILL DONT HAVE?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Ok Skype video calling works to my wife iPhone.

Its pretty bad. Maybe better connecting to a webcam?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Bad for your end or the other end? Do you need a webcam because the recipient on the other end is complaining of your cam quality on their end? How does it look on your end? I thought the front cams for both the pre and iphone where the same.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I have two questions.

1. Is TTS between TouchPad & Pre3 only works for URL? how about transfer files, photos, etc? can TTS do that?
    2. when Pre3 connect to Touchpad, we can receive & send sms or even make/receive call using Touchpad, right? but how about data connection? do we need to close the pairing condition & turn on the mobile hotspot on pre3 to make Touchpad can do connect internet, or we just can do connect internet by only pairing via bluetooth?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Only for URLs, but I **REALLY** wish it worked for pictures. Maybe sometime soon.

2. You need to use the mobile hotspot. Bluetooth is just for sms calls and audio.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty3054 View Post
    My question is very simple.

Does Angry Birds Rio have the latest UPDATES??? You know - the ones that original Pre owners like myself STILL DONT HAVE?

Thanks so much!
    I only have the free version. Tell me how to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I only have the free version. Tell me how to find out.
    What are the names of the stages (levels) that you have? Do you have "Carnival Nights" and "Beach Volley" for example?
    Single or Dual core? (I'm sure this has been asked) Though I don't think it matters, it looks really snappy even with all the background activity.
    RedMist, you have the patience of a saint. Thanks for your indulgence on behalf of all of us slobbering onlookers.

I'd like to know if the Pre3's compass has any visible presence in the software. Is there a setting or button in Bing maps that will orient the map based on what compass direction you're facing? Is there a standalone compass app?

I'd also be interested to see a screenshot of an app like Carbon, Spaz, Twee, or a similar Twitter app to see how it scales on the larger screen, but that's secondary.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Yeah RedMist, please could you post some screenshots of the new Maps app?
    VCI_Cell and cfbauer like this.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Could you test the native playback of 2 video files I have. One of the main requirements I have is to playback recorded tv shows without the need to convert them. It would be greatly appreciated if you can see if they work.

Thank You very much.

Files are Test1.ts and Test2.ts
    File name: Test.zip File size: 33.7 MB
    Last edited by persim; 08/17/2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty3054 View Post
    What are the names of the stages (levels) that you have? Do you have "Carnival Nights" and "Beach Volley" for example?
    I only see smugglers' DEN and Jungle Escape. With markers for May July October etc
    Can You TTS video,Google Map data, or games.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Single or Dual core? (I'm sure this has been asked) Though I don't think it matters, it looks really snappy even with all the background activity.
    The specs have been re-added to the official Pre3 page:
    HP Pre3 Smartphone Specifications | Business Mobile Phones | HP® Official Site
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Some screen shots of BadKitty, Carbon and Maps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    airotkiv likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I'd like to know if the Pre3's compass has any visible presence in the software. Is there a setting or button in Bing maps that will orient the map based on what compass direction you're facing? Is there a standalone compass app?
    Not that I can see.
    Thanks for all the updates. The touch to share is kinda cool, but I hope it gets some more 3rd party implementation.

Any joy getting the mobile hotspot to work?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast