Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    after yest OTA its version HP webOS 2.2.0 build 3171

Kaido
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Not seen it mentioned here but is anyone else getting problems getting the Pre3 to sit properly on the old-style touchstone.

Mine wobbles too much for reliable use due to the different back shape of the Pre3, I'm going to have to make some sort of padding to get it to stay in place.
    It is noticeably more unstable than the Pre2 which literally glued itself in.

I have found that it isn't as bad as I first thought (and as you are alluding) but you do need to place the Pre3 accurately onto the Touchstone for it to charge and stay in position. BUT, if you knock it then it will move. The contact of the Pre2 and the Touchstone you could lift the Pre2 and pull up the Touchstone too - you cannot do that with the Pre3 as it doesn't have as strong a connection. Still for wireless charging it works a treat and I have another on order (for 15).

Quote Originally Posted by elvispre View Post
    No. I have two [old] touchstones and my Pre3 grabs hold of both of them just fine; better than my Pre- did actually.
    Whilst the Pre3 will grip on the Touchstone for Pre2 users its very much less secure contact than we were used to.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by perni4an4e View Post
    Thanks! So, your pc says it sends the file but the Pre 3 doesn't receive it? It would be a shame if such a basic function isn't there. And one more question - is the HP App Catalog available everywhere, not only the free apps but the paid ones too, or just in limited countries?
    BT file transfer had never been available but you could just plug into the PC with the USB which is very fast. Unlike the fruit company.

App catalog is limited availability by country but I hear you can change countries unlike before. US catalog has largest selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    BT file transfer had never been available but you could just plug into the PC with the USB which is very fast. Unlike the fruit company.

App catalog is limited availability by country but I hear you can change countries unlike before. US catalog has largest selection.
    +1, usb transfer is just like using a pen drive.

I can't find an option to change app catalogues

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I have found that it isn't as bad as I first thought (and as you are alluding) but you do need to place the Pre3 accurately onto the Touchstone for it to charge and stay in position. BUT, if you knock it then it will move. The contact of the Pre2 and the Touchstone you could lift the Pre2 and pull up the Touchstone too - you cannot do that with the Pre3 as it doesn't have as strong a connection. Still for wireless charging it works a treat and I have another on order (for 15).
    Where did you get your 15 touchstone?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Pls check. Cex.co.uk they sell for 8.00 though its a used one.

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Where did you get your 15 touchstone?
    My order is with play.com they are awaiting stock to fulfil.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    just wondering a difference pixi plus vs pre 3 batterywise and perfomancewise
    of the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    My order is with play.com they are awaiting stock to fulfil.
    Thanks, I've just placed an order for one with them now :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Many thanks for the information

If anyone is interested, Pocketnow has a nice unboxing and comparison video:

As well as a quick hardware review:

Wow, whoever did that unboxing is clueless and way too opinionated to be associated with an actual tech blog.
    The upper part of my Pre3 wobbles a bit when the keyboard is pulled out. Is that normal? ^^
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    The upper part of my Pre3 wobbles a bit when the keyboard is pulled out. Is that normal? ^^
    No, mine is rock solid.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    No, mine is rock solid.
    Then I have to talk to Palm Eurostore or the German Support. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    Mine has a slight wobble when opened but nothing like my old Pre-.

Does anyone elses Pre 3 make two alert noises when receiving an email? Te standard one and the custom one you can set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    Mine has a slight wobble when opened but nothing like my old Pre-.
    Hm, I can push it a bit from left to right. Don't know if I have to call Palm Eurostore or HP. =/
    Mine has a tiny 'forwards and backward' wobble. So if you close the keypad and tap middle screen you can just kinda hear it tap. But only just

With the kb pulled out, there's the slightest play, as per redmist's first video.

This is an interesting test, actually. Anyone who has a pre 3, close the slider and hold it sideways. Now tap each end alternately, above the speaker and below the gesture strip light.

Does it go 'tap' each time due to the play?

I'm a little paranoid that I loosen the slider every time I pull the back panel off

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    The only way I can get any kind of click or wobble is when I deliberately push poke or twist the phone in a way which i'd never do unless I'm looking for problems.

Yes, if I close the slider and alternate pressing the top and bottom I can hear a slight click. But honestly I've never felt the need to do that until now.

This is because it's a mechanical hinge, made to a budget. Not some precision engineered medical device, where it costs 1000's and could mean the difference between life and death ;-) ;-)

What I care about is if it feels solid in actual use and do I feel like it's going to let me down.

When it's open, the hinge holds tight and I dont feel like it's going to close by accident. The spring is tight enough that there's no movement on any axis in normal use.

When closed, there is no vertical or horizontal movement between the two pieces and the slider holds tight, I dont feel like it's going to open by accident.

However, there is a minute amount of movement when I twist the two parts. Much less than 1mm at it's worst and you can only tell there is any movement by running your fingernail over the gap before and after.

But, again, it's a mechanical hinge. There's always going to be some trade off. In the case of my Pre3, there is so little play that it's just not noticeable in everyday use. That's what matters.

Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    What's the bat life on it?

Still the 8 hours charge sequence?
    I have used Pre3 for 2 weeks now, and the battery life is roughly the same as with pre2, ie. 8 hours charge sequence.

Kaido
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Wow, whoever did that unboxing is clueless and way too opinionated to be associated with an actual tech blog.
    The reviewing also. He notes that a 1.4 GHz single-core processor is outdated, yet the same reviewer is pretty amazed of Windows Phone 7 but those WP7-phones also have around 1.2/1.4 GHz single-core processors (and around the same amount of RAM). Yet he doesn't whine about that being outdated, so that's really biased.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314