Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    Hey redmist, you said you are using twitter. Is that via the website or through an app?
    I use an app called Carbon. Its excellent along with Bad Kitty and Spaz (though not tried spaz on Pre3, I think its available via preware)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    hehe.. LOL
  3. H
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Spaz doesn't shows up in Pre3 app cat yet!
    You can download it directly though . Working fine for me since I received my Pre3
    Index of /builds/webos

Obviously you'll need something installed to handle ipk downloads like preware but you probably already knew that
    sorry guys for my question if it was already asked... I tried to search over the 11 pages with no luck...

does the pre3 have inductive cover? Can it be used with the "old" pre Touch Stone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    sorry guys for my question if it was already asked... I tried to search over the 11 pages with no luck...

does the pre3 have inductive cover? Can it be used with the "old" pre Touch Stone?
    yes and yes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I haven't released Music Player (Remix) on the Pre 3 yet. There's some work that needs to be done to make it compatible. Unfortunately Mojo apps don't scale perfectly out-of-the-box. But it will be something I work on very soon.
    I've completed the changes to Music Player (Remix) for the Pre 3. I'm having someone test it today and it should be released very soon! I'll announce it on my Twitter site (@Hedami).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    checkmate likes this.
    That is good news indeed, now I can't wait for Handtec to deliver my Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've completed the changes to Music Player (Remix) for the Pre 3. I'm having someone test it today and it should be released very soon! I'll announce it on my Twitter site (@Hedami).
    Great news! I'll be downloading as soon as mine arrives!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Given that the Facebook app is actually developed by Palm I would be very surprised if an improved Pre3 Facebook app is not available shortly. Its disappointing that it wasn't available at launch and on the device. But we'll see.

Some people have copied their Pre2 facebook over to the Pre3 as a temporary workaround. I will try this as soon as I can figure out to start my Pre2 without a SIM.
    As of yesterday the official Facebook app from Palm is available on the Pre3 v1.5.62.

This is a good step forward. Thanks palm!
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Can I transfer files via bluetooth from and to a Pre 3? I don't have the time to go through all the pages, sorry if my question is already asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by perni4an4e View Post
    Can I transfer files via bluetooth from and to a Pre 3? I don't have the time to go through all the pages, sorry if my question is already asked.
    I haven't got it to work so far, but would be very surprised if you couldn't do this. I've always found bluetooth (in all forms not specifically Palm) fussy and inconsistent

EDIT: Checking some forum threads, it doesn't seem that the Pre- would do this at all. In fact it does what me Pre3 does: sits there and looks pretty, even though my pc seems to happily send the file. So its possible that it doesn't work. Sorry. On anyother note, preware is awesome!
    Last edited by Andyf; 08/25/2011 at 03:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I haven't got it to work so far, but would be very surprised if you couldn't do this. I've always found bluetooth (in all forms not specifically Palm) fussy and inconsistent

EDIT: Checking some forum threads, it doesn't seem that the Pre- would do this at all. In fact it does what me Pre3 does: sits there and looks pretty, even though my pc seems to happily send the file. So its possible that it doesn't work. Sorry. On anyother note, preware is awesome!
    Thanks! So, your pc says it sends the file but the Pre 3 doesn't receive it? It would be a shame if such a basic function isn't there. And one more question - is the HP App Catalog available everywhere, not only the free apps but the paid ones too, or just in limited countries?
    UK Radio app now available on Pre3 too!! Palm could do with a better way odf the app catalogue app showing you which already paid for apps are available for download as they have come online for a device.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    UK Radio app now available on Pre3 too!! Palm could do with a better way odf the app catalogue app showing you which already paid for apps are available for download as they have come online for a device.
    Beware: I can't get it to work. Just says 'failed to connect'.

EDIT: ahh I see how you check version and date. It was updated 2 days ago, so maybe it should work... I assumed it was because its a pre2 app that hadn't been updated. Still can't get it to work though.

EDIT2: the on demand stuff seems to work actually, but not live radio from my end.

>sorry<EDIT3: dunno maybe its just BBC live streams that don't work. Absolute 90s (random station) worked, I just can't get R4, R6 or R5L to stream.
    Last edited by Andyf; 08/26/2011 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Beware: I can't get it to work. Just says 'failed to connect'.

EDIT: ahh I see how you check version and date. It was updated 2 days ago, so maybe it should work... I assumed it was because its a pre2 app that hadn't been updated. Still can't get it to work though.

EDIT2: the on demand stuff seems to work actually, but not live radio from my end.

>sorry<EDIT3: dunno maybe its just BBC live streams that don't work. Absolute 90s (random station) worked, I just can't get R4, R6 or R5L to stream.
    Strange I installed it onto the Pre3 this morning and had it on the Touchstone with BBC R5L playing just as soon as it buffered
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    You can select english french german italian and spanish
    Just to make sure:
    Is it so that when you select french your keyboard becomes AZERTY, and when you switch back to english it becomes QWERTY again?

Very good to know for those of us who've ordered AZERTY-Pre's from France.
    Last edited by Riyaah; 08/26/2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Many thanks for the information

If anyone is interested, Pocketnow has a nice unboxing and comparison video:

As well as a quick hardware review:

thanks redmist for all the updates,

can you make a video of the pre3 using skype plz
    Not seen it mentioned here but is anyone else getting problems getting the Pre3 to sit properly on the old-style touchstone.

Mine wobbles too much for reliable use due to the different back shape of the Pre3, I'm going to have to make some sort of padding to get it to stay in place.
    No. I have two [old] touchstones and my Pre3 grabs hold of both of them just fine; better than my Pre- did actually.
    Last edited by elvispre; 08/26/2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: clarify