Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    I want to know if it's compatible with verizon's 3g US network.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    I want to know if it's compatible with verizon's 3g US network.
    I would love to know this, too. I hope to get a Pre3 and replace my Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that the Sprint comms board is physically and electrically incompatible with the Pre 3.

There will never be a Sprint Pre 3 of any form.

-- Rod
    Didn't someone said that many HP employees were testing the Pre 3 with Sprint? If we could get some of those, maybe...just maybe...

of course that's wishful thinking/dreaming
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Didn't someone said that many HP employees were testing the Pre 3 with Sprint? If we could get some of those, maybe...just maybe...

of course that's wishful thinking/dreaming
    Those will be engineering DVT units. You'll never find one of those for sale.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    There was so much hope when this thread was started compared to now. Would be nice if they open sourced the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjz741 View Post
    could u post a link where u can buy it please
    Handtec are selling it Buy HP Pre 3 Smartphone (SIM Free/Unlocked, Black) Reviews

Still "In Stock"

(I notice they also have the Veer unlocked as coming soon)
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    I hope we see the Verizon one either launch or do a TouchPad fire sale so that I can snap one up dirt cheap. Either way, with all of the TouchPads flying off the shelf, it's clear that webOS' death has been greatly exaggerated. If it dies, it won't be for quite some time, especially if HP actually made the rumored 2 million TouchPads. That's a lot of units and users. Judging by the line at Best Buy, I think I was one of the only ones with a webOS phone, and a lot of the people didn't really look like they "knew" webOS, especially judging from some of the conversations I heard.
    Thats exactly right falconrap. They are people looking to make money off of them, nothing more. Same types that call into radio stations to win something, and don't even know what they are calling for or aren't fans of the music of the ticket that is being given away. You could get people to eat plutonium on a stick if you advertised it as "Free" or at a low cost..
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    thanks for answering our questions!

i'd like to know if the spotify app works on the pre 3.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    thanks for answering our questions!

i'd like to know if the spotify app works on the pre 3.
    its not available from the catalog
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    its not available from the catalog
    thanks, redmist. altough this makes me sad. i needs my spotify!
    Last edited by gastr; 08/23/2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typo in "redmist"
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Got a chance to test this?

You can try calling echo123.
    Maybe it is my activation (physically in Estonia, UK activated profile from Pre2), but I do not have skype. App catalog does not give it, phone soft is said to be up to date. Khm.

Kaido
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoloor View Post
    Maybe it is my activation (physically in Estonia, UK activated profile from Pre2), but I do not have skype. App catalog does not give it, phone soft is said to be up to date. Khm.

Kaido
    Hello!
    It is not in the App Catalog it is built into the software, go into the accounts part of the settings on the launcher or messaging or phone, and add your skype account (the same as you would add facebook or yahoo etc) the sign into it using the messaging app, from there you can text chat to your contacts on skype or ring them!

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoloor View Post

Kaido
    Skype is integrated into the stock phone app. You just have to set it up within your accounts. It runs well for me. When calling international numbers, you have option to use skype or phone line. Hope this help. n enjoy ur Pre3.
    So with the skype integration, does it allow people to call your skype username and msg you from their PC, and does it support calls using wifi?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    So with the skype integration, does it allow people to call your skype username and msg you from their PC, and does it support calls using wifi?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yes and Yes
    Hey redmist, you said you are using twitter. Is that via the website or through an app?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Get Spaz
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Spaz doesn't shows up in Pre3 app cat yet!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Are you sure? Maybe something not configured right. Send me your Pre3 and I'll get it configured...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0