Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    If you are using activesync for mail:

could you check whether the this version of WebOs also notifies the user of new mails in other folders then the inbox?

It seems that this only works for MS clients, but it would be cool if WebOs could do it now as well.
    Slightly off-topic: for EAS accounts on webOS 2.1, if you star a folder it'll update along with the inbox. You won't see a notification for non-inbox emails, but you can see the unread count updated when you open the email app without having to go into each folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    Keep your pre3 in the event it becomes a collector's item. Good luck getting TTS to work too. They seemed to have abandoned it all. Tis a shame.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    What are you talking about touch-to-share is working perfectly as advertised. Swapping URLs between both devices. Can you net get it to work on your Pre3?

I found it actually useful to take something I was browsing on the tablet onto the phone and vice versa and that was in my first half-day of using it. It is a very useful feature. I used to do it the old fashioned way and e-mail myself the URL so I could open the e-mail and click on the URL on the other device. TTS is a really tidy option. I like it.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Slightly off-topic: for EAS accounts on webOS 2.1, if you star a folder it'll update along with the inbox. You won't see a notification for non-inbox emails, but you can see the unread count updated when you open the email app without having to go into each folder.
    I think this acts exactly the same on the Pre3/webOS 2.2.0 - basically you can choose whether to receive notifications. It isn't a feature I use as I have one main e-mail and have notifications on.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    Can you run 2 Pres with a single account? I want to stick the sim from my pre2 in my pre3 to try it but worried it might nuke my pre 2 or something...
    As far as I know, it won't let you connect two phones to the same profile. It will ask you to backup and deauthorize the first device when you activate the second.
    I'm still interested in seeing some low light, flash required pics. Can you post a couple?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    any support for encryption anywhere ?
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    Here is a few...

1. Can you select multiple pictures to send via MMS?

2. Can you select multiple pictures to send via email?

3. Can you take a picture with it and post it so we all can see the quality. Rear and front facing cams plz...

4. Is the processor single or dual core?? Can you post actual specs according to what is in your posession right now?
    How about these questions????? I would still love to know... it will only take a second to answer......
    RedMist was kind enough to answer these a while back:

Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Is there definitely a front facing camera? I cant select it
    4. How can I check? I'm 100% certain its a 1.4ghz single core though

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    hi can anyone tell me if the pre 3 will get a facebook app because the one on the app store is "not available for my model " thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard every phone on the market has a facebook app. it worked perfectly on my pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I haven't released Music Player (Remix) on the Pre 3 yet. There's some work that needs to be done to make it compatible. Unfortunately Mojo apps don't scale perfectly out-of-the-box. But it will be something I work on very soon.
    Obviously this statement is no longer applicable after yesterday's announcement. I just wanted to be clear about it since a few people thanked/liked this statement.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Not brilliant, but I have been hammering it. I'd say it was as good/bad as the Pre2
    Agreed, based on a couple of days usage its as good if not better than the Pre2 - at this stage I'd err on the side of saying better as I've run it with WiFi and BT on all the time. BUT, (a big but) I have not been able to test it with a battery draining app like satnav (nDrive) yet as its not available on the Pre3 yet.
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post
    any support for encryption anywhere ?
    Its got VPN support. But I'm guessing that's not really what your asking?
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtydog View Post
    hi can anyone tell me if the pre 3 will get a facebook app because the one on the app store is "not available for my model " thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard every phone on the market has a facebook app. it worked perfectly on my pre 2.
    Given that the Facebook app is actually developed by Palm I would be very surprised if an improved Pre3 Facebook app is not available shortly. Its disappointing that it wasn't available at launch and on the device. But we'll see.

Some people have copied their Pre2 facebook over to the Pre3 as a temporary workaround. I will try this as soon as I can figure out to start my Pre2 without a SIM.
    ___
    Can other Pre3 owners test what I posted here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...-not-send.html

I think it is a bug but needs confirmation from other Pre3 users.
    Maybe this has been asked, but what US carriers will fully support the pre 3 from Europe/UK?
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We're still looking for a link to the webOS Doctor - please check in your Palm Profile (http://palm.com/palmprofile) to see if you can get the link for us. We need it to start porting patches.

-- Rod
    Still no joy!

Interestingly it has no Device Name or Product reference on my Pre3 entry

It has;
    Phone #
    Model: Manta ROW/EU (O2 UK)
    Device ID (the IMEI)
    Serial #
    OS Version: 2.2.0

Device Options gives the invalid serial number error message and redirects back to the palm profile.

No doubt until the Pre3 is added as a supported device we aren't going to get the doctor, and when its supported I would hope that Device Name and Product get populated on my palm profile.
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    Maybe this has been asked, but what US carriers will fully support the pre 3 from Europe/UK?
    Definitely not Sprint as I believe they use some incompatible network protocol/technology (CDMA) only used in the US (definitely not used in Europe or UK) that requires specific hardware - as in resulting FrankenPre's where a Sprint Pre board is integrated into a Pre+/2 device (not yet Pre3 but watch this space...).

I think you may get limited use on AT&T and Verizon if they use GSM bands.

Experts in the US are best placed to answer this question really, I an unsure you will get "full support".
    ___
    could u post a link where u can buy it please
    Note that the Sprint comms board is physically and electrically incompatible with the Pre 3.

There will never be a Sprint Pre 3 of any form.

-- Rod