Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    What? That cant be right. Can you link us to that Palm Store page?
    https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/St...HP-FB338AA-AC3
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    WRONG!!!!!! I put mine of touchstone! it works.
    My bad!!

I had put my TouchPad charger into the touchstone - so wasn't working for Pre2 or Pre3. Once I put the correct cable into the touchstone I can confirm that it does charge both Pre2 and Pre3 on the original touchstone.

The Pre3 doesn't sit very snugly on the old touchstone though maybe that is why they have this "Pre3" touchstone variant available.

Mark
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Firstly wanted to say thank you to RedMist for all his unboxing videos I had fewer surprises this morning, and sharing his experience of the Pre 3 on this thread.

OK so I received my HP Pre 3 from Handtec this morning excellent service from them (including reducing the price difference from what I paid 348.99 to their new price of 298.99 - at this price its an absolute bargain!!). Would definitely recommend them to prospective customers.

First impressions, very similarly packaged to the Pre2 just with HP branding on the package, and on the back of the device instead of palm in silver there is a disk in silver with hp cutout in black - quite elegant.

I have both devices sat next to each other and the Pre 3 feels really well built, slightly heavier than the Pre2 probably due to more glass on the larger screen, it is slimmer, wider and longer than its previous generation. The slider is nice, the keys are larger and I think I will have fewer issues than I had with my Pre2 on typing (time will tell).

The screen on this device is another level - the Pre2 is a very solid device, I loved it but the Pre3 is a huge step up on screen from the Pre2 and the TouchPad - its pretty much pin sharp and looks simply stunning, its the match of any other high-end smartphone; webOS all looks beautiful.

The device runs HP webOS 2.2.0, I'm still in the process of trying to get all my data off the Pre2 (so I can pass it to my brother in law to test drive webOS) so I can't give you a huge comment on the differences yet - the main ones I noted were bing maps and a new Mobile hotspot application were available.

Speed is probably not fair to judge at the moment as although the apps have installed not all the apps and data have been copied over yet I will need to do some work to complete that process today. My own fault I should have prepared the Pre2 for wiping before booting my profile up on the Pre3 (so I have an extra iteration to go through).

One notable omission which I hope will get very speedily rectified is there is no facebook application for the Pre3! [Q) do you have fb on yours Redmist?]

There was no app on device, and when I tried to install from the App Catalogue it says that no version of the application is available for your device. This is a little disappointing and hopefully HP/Palm will sort this out immediately.

I've only had the handset for a couple of hours and most of that time has been spent trying to set it up. Still so much more to do, I will post an update later as I've got my app data over and can play properly with it.

But based on my first impression I would say get your order in now, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks HP/Palm!! A slight shame it took six months to get this in my hands but I know I am going to love it.
    - Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Schoolboy error!

make sure that you have done a fresh save/restore and also copy everything off the device save/restore, pics, media etc... Onto your pc before you sign in the profile on the pre3. You can only have one profile per smartphone, unlike TouchPad which will coexist.

I found out that my latest save/restore for some apps the main one I was bothered about SecuStore was older than it should have been.

back it all fresh, check it, copy it off. Make sure you've finished with the old device, then Secure erase you old device and then fire up the pre3 onto your profile. Once it synched, get dev mode, get preware, get save/restore, USB drive to copy over save/restore folders you backed up to your pc onto the pre3. I'm sure someone has got the process all neatly stepped out somewhere and can point you at it.

oh, then enjoy the pre3 - the screen resolution is the best over the pre2 and TouchPad.
    Can anyone refer me to an idiots guide for switching from a Pre to Pre 3 backing up \restoring my data and wiping the old girl clean afterwards?

Many thanks in advance
    x
    Thats the same old charger. If it was new they wouldnt have the palm branding on it.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    whats the browsing like on flash sites?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Thats the same old charger. If it was new they wouldnt have the palm branding on it.
    I just thought that they were using old photos with it. But now I have the Pre cable plugged in to it instead of the TouchPad cable its all working fine for the Pre 3 charging on the touchstone.
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgie View Post
    whats the browsing like on flash sites?
    You got some you want me to try?
    ___
    How's the battery life? (probably a bit early to get an answer to that ;-) )
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Question: Now that HP is all out, are you returning it?
    Guys -- I know that there are major news bombs going off on the front page. This is not the thread in which to discuss them.

<<thread cleaned>>
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Question: Now that HP is all out, are you returning it?
    Not returning my pre3 or my tp .

As has been stated by the mods lets keep that subject to the general webOS threads and keep this for the Pre 3 experience.

My current issue being an early day 2 adopter is webOS app support for 2.2.0 including both facebook and ndrive. As well as the homebrew support and good work done by our invaluable friends webOSinternals and the homebrew network. Need Pre 3 webOSdoctor asap.

Need our good friends in HP/Palm webOS software to deliver the goods.
    ___
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    How's the battery life? (probably a bit early to get an answer to that ;-) )
    Not brilliant, but I have been hammering it. I'd say it was as good/bad as the Pre2
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Not brilliant, but I have been hammering it. I'd say it was as good/bad as the Pre2
    RedMist, what level of 'completion' is the phone in?

Given what we've heard today, if exactly nothing were to be added/patched/developed on the phone, how functional is it?

Does the OS still need tweaking? Is some of the functionality not properly implemented?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    RedMist, what level of 'completion' is the phone in?

Given what we've heard today, if exactly nothing were to be added/patched/developed on the phone, how functional is it?

Does the OS still need tweaking? Is some of the functionality not properly implemented?
    Well, some of the apps seem to have rounded corners at the top, but square corners down the bottom.

I haven't found anything serious wrong so far.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Thanks. Yknow call me crazy, but I'm still considering getting one.
    JLegacy likes this.
    Well, some of the apps seem to have rounded corners at the top, but square corners down the bottom.

I haven't found anything serious wrong so far.
    RedMist - do you have the facebook app on your Pre3?
    Mine says there is not a version of this application for your model.

Also some apps I am without so no satnav at the moment and hopefully all my money on that hasn't be lost!!

Thanks, Mark
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but anyone considering buying any webOS device at this point is truly an *****. There won't be any dev support, no devs, no upgrades, no new features, no apps, which was webOS biggest weakness by far. Some people just won't let go I guess.
    Dunno, its still a smartphone isn't it? It still makes calls, has a web browser, tethers to a computer, has an email client? It won't magically stop working on the dot of midnight.

I don't really care about apps, upgrades, new features. If I did, I wouldn't be thinking about buying a WebOS device. If it works, then thats all I need.

Granted, the recent news has bumped the value down (and the amount that I'm willing to pay), but even at launch price, its astonishingly good value. And of course buying one will depend on what kind of support will be provided once all the smoke clears.

Anyway, whos to say there won't be some mass Touchpad+Pre3 sellout. The potential functionality is much smaller than it was, but the devices still work.

...Besides, I'm a sucker for the pre form factor
    Sukiyaki and cobrakon like this.
    pre 3 for 150 GBP would be reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    pre 3 for 150 GBP would be reasonable
    I'd bite your hand off, but I think thats unlikely.

I honestly don't know what to expect/ whether to expect a reduction at all. Could be that the the EU shipment is small enough that they'll just go 'meh'
    VERY boring unboxing video is being uploaded, will be another 30 mins....

Q. Does anyone know how to get TTS to work?

NB: I don't have my Pre2 anymore, I can't compare. Sorry.
    Keep your pre3 in the event it becomes a collector's item. Good luck getting TTS to work too. They seemed to have abandoned it all. Tis a shame.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new