Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hsukirk
  1.    #1  
    Based on the early release info coming out of Europe, it seems like the 16GB model of the Pre3 has vanished altogether. I would hope that it would be available if and/or when it actually shows up stateside.

Adding newer features (faster processor, bigger screen, etc) only to remove existing ones (memory!) seems like HP is taking a page from Apple, and not in a good way.
    i hope it come out because after just watching an unboxing and a walk through of the pre3 the 8gb model only has around 5gb left after the os.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    im sure it will be there... kinda like how everyone thought when the TP first launched HP had dropped the 16 gig -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    i hope it come out because after just watching an unboxing and a walk through of the pre3 the 8gb model only has around 5gb left after the os.
    Link please!
    yeah, I love how people take the absence of information to mean evidence of absence, and assume the worst. They're like bat-**** crazy ex-girlfriends. "omg, you didn't say you love me for 5 minutes... are you cheating on me?"

"HP hasn't announced a new device in the past 45 days. And 3rd party retailers selling unannounced devices only have one kind in stock. Clearly that means HP has killed the other lines and is abandoning webOS"

yup
    ask and you shall receive.
    its in french but other then that its a good first look at the phone
    My guess is it'll just pop up at a later date.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Orange & T-mobile via CPWH seem like will be selling 16GB through contract in the UK so it's probably exclusive for network providers for now.

Other retailers are selling SIM-free 8GB model at the moment.
    Somewhat off topic--maybe, but I am really concerned about going from my 16 GB Pre Plus to an 8 GB Pre3. I think with the bigger screen I am more likely to use more apps, such as doc view, etc., and thus store more. As it stands right now I only have 9 GB free on my Pre Plus which would translate to 1 GB free on an 8 GB device and that is assuming the OS size is about the same.

What does the community think? I don't want lots of memory for bragging rights but without any way to increase storage I just don't want to run out.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I'm sure they'll sell them later at higher price though but the 16gb should be coming out later.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    If its not available at launch I'm certain they could do something insanely dumb like releasing it as a carrier exclusive phone later.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Judging from the official pages for the Touchpad and Pre3 I don't think we'll see a 16GB Pre3 anytime soon...

TP says 16 or 32 GB.
    Pre3 says 8 GB.

HP TouchPad | Tablet PC | HP® Official Site
    HP Pre3 Smartphone Specifications | Business Mobile Phones | HP® Official Site
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LevSer View Post
    Judging from the official pages for the Touchpad and Pre3 I don't think we'll see a 16GB Pre3 anytime soon...

TP says 16 or 32 GB.
    Pre3 says 8 GB.

HP TouchPad | Tablet PC | HP® Official Site
    HP Pre3 Smartphone Specifications | Business Mobile Phones | HP® Official Site
    best hold out for the Pre 3+
    hahaha you already named the pre 3 a plus
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    It would be nice to see a 32GB version comes out of nowhere like white Touchpad 64gb.
    Tikkanen likes this.