Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I personally am interested only in the US app catalog and as I understand, currently the only way for me to get access to the US app catalog, would be to have the Pre 3 sent to the US for it to be activated using an AT&T sim. Right?
    This is all I need to know in order to order my pre 3, will this work? I am about -X- amount of days and seconds away from kicking sprint to the curb and jumping on AT&T just so I can be ubber happy again with a phone that doesn't feel like it will disintegrate in my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo.55 View Post
    This is all I need to know in order to order my pre 3, will this work? I am about -X- amount of days and seconds away from kicking sprint to the curb and jumping on AT&T just so I can be ubber happy again with a phone that doesn't feel like it will disintegrate in my hands.
    Since you reside in the US, I am quite confident that you should have no issues in being able to access the US app catalog. Just amke sure that the 'first time activation/registration', is done in the US. Also, to be safe, make sure to use an AT&T SIM card. There is just one issue you should be aware of in reference to using the Euro Pre 3 in the US. It will work fine for phone calls and GPRS/Edge date, on both AT&T and T-Mobile networks. But, the 3G on the Euro Pre 3 will not work on T-Mobile which uses the 1700 band for 3G. AT&T 3G operates using two bands 850 & 1900, thus 3G will work on AT&T but only partially.

Pre 3: 3G/UMTS information for Europe:
    GSM bands (850/900/1800/1900)
    UMTS bands (900/1900/2100), HSDPA

AT&T
    GSM bands (850/1900)
    UMTS bands (850/1900), HSDPA

T-Mobile
    GSM bands (900/1800)
    UMTS bands (1700/2100), HSDPA
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    If the bands are supported; why would you say partially?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If you notice, only 'one' (1900) of the 'two' UMTS bands used by AT&T for 3G is supported, which implies only "partial" support. In fact AT&T is supposedly moving most of their 3G to the 850 band, while leaving the 1900 band for GPRS/Edge services.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Well after looking at Sanjay's info, it would seem that having only use of 2 numbers out of the 4 allowed in UK is why it palatially works. IMOP
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So with the news of HP ditching webOS devices.. any use of waiting for an updated version of Impostah? Any thought on if the App Catalog will live on?
    I just got back from a drive to my nearest att store in rush hour traffic (never again) and I couldn't get a definitive answer from the in store techs or 800 number tech support I called while in the store about using a sim card. I kept giving them all the right answers that the phone is unlocked, gsm ready, and runs the right freqs but no real answer. The phone guy couldn't even give me info on Pre 2 or even the veer!? Like they never existed in his system?
    Last edited by angelo.55; 08/18/2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Erm yeah, so I just ported my palm profile from my Pre+ to my Preł and despite using the same sim and being on the UK App Catalog I have somehow jumped onto the USA App Catalog?
    I got my Pre3 today and followed the procedure. However when trying to activate using Impostah (with existing US or UK profile) I get following error:

Service Error
    (authenticateFromDevice):
    {"errorCodes": "PAMS9994",
    "message":"Invalid PAMS code"}

Any idea what goes on here? I definitely don't want to use my country sim as I do need UK or US app catalog access.

Creating a new profile:

Service Error (createDeviceAccount):
    {"errorCodes":"PAMS3041", no
    product SKU available"}

Last message sounds strange as I do have a SKU number when i look with Impostah in device profile I see productSku FB437AA#ABU

The pre3 is brand new and was sealed so not previously activated.

I will leave the pre3 for what it is and wait for feedback in this forum to go further.
    Why don't you just activate with a NEW profile then after it's all done & you check that you have app catalog access then change the profile back to your old profile or NOT.... & just use the new profile - that way both phones can be active.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Why don't you just activate with a NEW profile then after it's all done & you check that you have app catalog access then change the profile back to your old profile or NOT.... & just use the new profile - that way both phones can be active.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sorry I dont understand. As said in 2nd part of my message I can't activate with a new profile using Impostah.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodry View Post
    I got my Pre3 today and followed the procedure. However when trying to activate using Impostah (with existing US or UK profile) I get following error:

Service Error
    (authenticateFromDevice):
    {"errorCodes": "PAMS9994",
    "message":"Invalid PAMS code"}

Any idea what goes on here? I definitely don't want to use my country sim as I do need UK or US app catalog access.

Creating a new profile:

Service Error (createDeviceAccount):
    {"errorCodes":"PAMS3041", no
    product SKU available"}

Last message sounds strange as I do have a SKU number when i look with Impostah in device profile I see productSku FB437AA#ABU

The pre3 is brand new and was sealed so not previously activated.

I will leave the pre3 for what it is and wait for feedback in this forum to go further.
    You need Impostah 0.9.12 for the Pre 3.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need Impostah 0.9.12 for the Pre 3.

-- Rod
    Thanks, I found out I used wrong testing feed in wosqi. Impostah version was still 0.9.9. Upgraded and all works fine!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I\
    When I get my Pre 3, I will be activating it with Impostah. I will not trust that activation in Australia will result in paid apps without intervention.

-- Rod
    Does Australia have it's own app catalogue now that the touchpad has been launched (and pulled?)

Any idea on whether Singapore has it's own app catalogue too after the touchpad was launched there too?

I've got credit/debit cards for both countries...
    Since developers have to remark their apps for those countries, the have much fewer apps.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Since developers have to remark their apps for those countries, the have much fewer apps.

-- Rod
    i see.

I presume that means free apps have to be marked too.

But how would you go around choosing that country? I haven't seen any Pres which list Australia, Singapore or Hong Kong as the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    i see.

I presume that means free apps have to be marked too.

But how would you go around choosing that country? I haven't seen any Pres which list Australia, Singapore or Hong Kong as the country.
    You use Impostah for that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    You use Impostah for that.

-- Rod
    ah I see. Interesting to note how the pre phones can be registered on countries not on the phone list unofficially.
    I bought an unlocked Pre 3 from Palm Eurostore. I activated the phone with my Orange SIM and can browse paid apps in the catalog. I haven't tried buying any mind you.
    Just activated my new UK Pre 3 in Australia using Impostah for US Paid App Catalog access.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast