Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

A6 is the battery and Touch-to-Share controller, unless the 6 MHz system is also in A6 but disabled, I can't see how they can do it without hardware changes.
    The 6Mhz in Pre3 had been there all along but nobody noticed it and neither was it reported on by HP until now, when they filed the amendment request. Could the same be true of the Veer and the TP?

They can probably use the same coils for charging as well as 3 and 6 Mhz frequency band communications. Technically, they would need to use frequencies which are exact multiples of the smallest wavelength of the frequencies involved, but with some efficiency losses that does not need to be exact.

In terms of the other components, the chances are that the same little chip that generates and handles the 3Mhz frequency can handle the 6Mhz frequency as well.
    so is this dead like the rest of HP's WebOS hardware? If so I plan to go ahead with my plans to modify one of my touchstones to support a 3.5mm veer adapter. BT will be cool someday when it supports better sound quality.
  3.    #63  
    8 months later... Looks like Amohazab and others were right--the audio is transmitted via BlueTooth, with the 6MHz band presumably used to trigger the pairing.

http://www.webosnation.com/review-hp...e-2-audio-dock

At least we finally know what the Touchstone Audio Dock would have been like, and seeing as how it was such a dud, there's no need to lament not having one.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    At least we finally know what the Touchstone Audio Dock would have been like, and seeing as how it was such a dud, there's no need to lament not having one.
    You are talking only for you, Applelover...

I really want one...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Furthermore, we dont 'know' what it would have been like. Only the improved, shipped product would have given us that experience.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    You are talking only for you, Applelover...
    That's an insult. I have never owned anything Apple.

If the sound quality of the device is poor, why would you want it?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Calm calm,

first of all, there are supposedly a bunch of different units , all pre production, with different releases of the firmware and probably slightly different hardware inside.

secondly, the other member on this forum having a touchstone 2, commented on that review ( check the various comments)... according to him, his unit has

1) very good audio output
    2) a different finishing on the top , that prevents scratches
    3) etc

even the fact that these docs do not have the "glue material" on the bottom is relative, since they are test units. There is nothing that would have prevented the final release product to have such thing added, in their plans, nor to have more weight added to the whole frame , or to the base.

But for a test item, why should they have spent more for weight or glue ?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234