Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Just had this email..

We contact you today with some fantastic news. The first SIM FREE units will be available tomorrow, Wednesday 17th August.

The replacement for the Pre 2, this HP badged webOS device has a 1.4GHz processor, slide out QWERTY keyboard, 3.6 inch touchscreen and much more.

webOS is an intuitive and true multi-tasking platform which has real appeal.

For more information or to get your hands on one of the first SIM FREE HP Pre 3 smartphones, click the link below or copy it into your web browser.

Buy HP Pre 3 | HP Pre 3 Accessories | HP Smartphones | HP webOS
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  2. H
    Great . Hopefully Play.com will send a similar e-mail
    Must.....not..... press.... buy..... must.....wait.....argh!
    Speaking of which, you UK pre2 veterans, was there a problem with stock when the Pre2 came out...

i.e. if I don't order now, am I likely to have to face a prolonged wait to get hold of one?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Just called and a staff confirmed they have them in stock.
    Ordered and await for its arrival hopefully on Wed.

I didn't have any issues getting a Pre2 to be honset apart from usual delay.
  6. H
    Please let us know when you get it if is actually 16GB. Seems weird that Play.com/Clove seem to be the only people selling the higher capacity version and yet it is for pretty much the same price
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Please let us know when you get it if is actually 16GB. Seems weird that Play.com/Clove seem to be the only people selling the higher capacity version and yet it is for pretty much the same price
    Will do. I havent placed an order everywhere else but Clove (had good experience with them) They told me its in stock and 16GB version hence I ordered it 15 mins ago.

Will keep updating.
    I suspect its a typo/ outdated information. The HP UK pre3 specs have only 8GB, and as you say, the price suggests that they are all the same model.

EDIT: Oh they said 16GB? the plot thickens.....
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    WOO!

That means if any carrier in Singapore is going to carry it, it's ready! (We use the UK version, same charger, frequencies and always, always unlocked.)

Come on! I so need a replacement for my Pre Plus which keeps touching itself.
    i will have to say i love the description of the phone....not that many sites ive been too usually give you a rundown like that...most sites just give you the major features for the description, but this site gives you a bit of history, and actually describes what the phone is capable in actual sentences and paragraphs....very cool
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    i will have to say i love the description of the phone....not that many sites ive been too usually give you a rundown like that...most sites just give you the major features for the description, but this site gives you a bit of history, and actually describes what the phone is capable in actual sentences and paragraphs....very cool
    Yes, really great description.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Just had this email..
    I just paced an order for Pre3 from Clove Tech.
    Today is the best day of my life. Just got a Birthday present 32gig TouchPad from my wife .. sweet!! and this.

Just placed an order for my Pre 3. Waiting impatiently
    Let us know when you get it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Def one of the better say for u. Happy bday.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    That makes more sense, what with the similar price point, and the fact that only 8GB is listed on the HP UK website.

If you zoom in on the picture of the boxes from Handtec: HP Pre 3 – Handtec first with stock …again! | Handtec Blog
    you'll see it doesn't even specify (8 or 16), implying there is only one version in the UK, for the near future at least.

It says on the side: Pre3, UK, UMTS, QWERTY, UNLOCKED
    You'd expect it to say '8GB' as well if there was a 16GB version also floating around

Good. That takes away the ambiguity. Well done for noticing.
    Last edited by Andyf; 08/16/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Pity though, a 16gb would be nice